• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
And no, I don't mean like Wrestlers with their intro themes. They're still ultimately playing the role of a character behind a moniker. I mean like a real person.

The closest I can think of is when in ye olden days, nobles would have minstrels sing songs about them. Be it praises of their achievements or exaggerated boasts of grandeur.

I've just been thinking that I wanted a theme of my own, but failed to recall of anyone else having one.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't know if having a song written about you makes it a "theme song", but if by your standards it does then there are lots. Hurricane by Bob Dylan (about Rubin "Hurricane" Carter) immediately comes to mind, but its weird to think of that as a "theme" given that thematically its about how he was robbed of his livelihood by racist white cops. In turn, "The Boxer", by Simon and Garfunkle is actually an ode to Bob Dylan...so that's kind of wild.

Last edited:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Ya'll Must Have Forgot is definitely Roy Jones Jr. theme song until the end of time.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think if a theme song played whenever you entered a room, it would take about 3 times for everyone else to be sick of it, and about 5 times for you to be sick of it too.

Dec 30, 2020
mil-eugene-goodman-capitol-1200.jpg

Sgt. at Arms Eugene Goodman has one.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Amongst all its many other contributions to humanity, remember when Disco gave us the theme song of a German-American 1980's sex-therapist radio host/media personality?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Princess Diana had that song about her sung by Elton John, though it was unfortunately at her funeral.