• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
I really think it's time this forum stopped immediately assuming that non-day and date releases of games are moneyhats. You all keep making yourselves look foolish.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So you're gonna tinfoil hat this one and assume Microsoft is paying to keep this away from PS5 despite a dev telling us that's not the case?
Cf my edit, what the Manifold Garden rep is saying says it all
Can't talk about PS5 patch.

"Stay tuned".

Smh

Literally, for the record:
The formal answer is please stay tuned for future news. I'm sorry I can't give more than that at this moment

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I don't know if it's the case in this situation, but I think a lot of people confuse "a game being available first on one platform" with "moneyhatting." Sometimes dev kits are/aren't available, sometimes the studio's work bandwidth is only enough for one iteration at a time, and sometimes the strategy of marketing one release at a time makes more sense anyway.

Don't use logic.

Just like the Football Manager thread were people kept saying that MS paid to have the game on Xbox and not on PS5 when in reality the devs didn't get PS5 dev kits

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
More next-gen "time exclusive" patches just like Yakuza 7.
we don't do timed exclusive games. just patches and upgrades
Will be interesting to see what the responses to this timed exclusivity business are like..
Weird thing to moneyhat lmao.
Microsoft is so weird with what they're moneyhatting these days.
This exclusivity is so stupid.
Reminder that both Microsoft and Sony are guilty of this dumb temporary exclusivity moneyhatting.
will people finally admit that there are next-gen temp exclusive upgrades finally? the mental gymnastics around Yakuza 7 were quite the sight to see
It looks bad when people just assume stuff is moneyhatted and devs have to come forward and clarify things, maybe wait for more info before making assumptions and judging devs?

Montresor had it right and someone even mocked him...

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks bad when people just assume stuff is moneyhatted and devs have to come forward and clarify things, maybe wait for more info before making assumptions and judging devs"

??? I'm still laughing at people not believing about Yakuza 7 being a timed exclusive.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
congrats to whichever doofy youtuber made up "moneyhat" for managing to maker gamer culture even worse.

My condolences to the devs.

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
Football Manager: Accused of moneyhatting. Then, we just learned the developer didn't have a PS5 devkit.
Yakuza: People tried to distort what Imran Khan said so it looked like moneyhatting. The money involved was a marketing deal, nothing else.
Manifold Garden: moneyhatting! Then, the producer confirms there was no money involved and this is purely a resource decision.

When will we learn to not assume everything is "moneyhatting"?

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I have actually, and that's not what "temporary exclusive" tells us, in spite of the now damage control.

Developer chimes in the topic to explain it is purely a resource decision, yet some of you are so fucking invested in an imaginary war that you say they're doing "damage control" and think MS is moneyhatting random nextgen patches.

What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok what made you guys choose MS instead of Sony for this first update ?
Common reasons to port a title to one platform aside from money or marketing are:
1- got a devkit
2- easier for the particular game
3- expect to sell more on platform

for all three, devs probably aren't gonna say to maintain their relationships with all platform holders

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
funny to see everyone saying about MS moneyhating but forgets about sony doing the same with FFXVI, spider man DLC on avengers, deathloop, etc etc etc lol.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I have actually, and that's not what "temporary exclusive" tells us, in spite of the now damage control.

I mean..
See below.

They can't even TALK about the PS5 patch, lol.
I'm pretty sure they're just covering their bases because they've just said their resources are spread pretty thin so it'll be irresponsible to talk about something they probably haven't planned for yet.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Developer chimes in the topic to explain it is purely a resource decision, yet some of you are so fucking invested in an imaginary war that you say they're doing "damage control" and think MS is moneyhatting random nextgen patches.

What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

Shit needs to fucking stop. You want devs to stop coming to this enthusiast forum, this is how you stop them coming.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
"Time Exclusive" does make it sounds like a deal was made. Poor choice of words perhaps. Haters will latch on to anything unfortunately.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Timed exclusive for an old game no one cares about it's weird, like really weird.

I can understand Yakuza 7 since it's new, but this?
Sorry, I was referring to stuff like Deathloop and Ghostwire. You're correct that only Microsoft seems to be moneyhatting next-gen upgrades.
There will be mental gymnastics here too. Oh wait, already started I see.

Gating Next gen upgrades... Smh.
Next gen exclusive patches, it just keeps getting better.

I mean..
See below.

They can't even TALK about the PS5 patch, lol.
The dev clarified it...

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
It looks bad when people just assume stuff is moneyhatted and devs have to come forward and clarify things, maybe wait for more info before making assumptions and judging devs"

Stay tuned for PS5 updates as we can't really talk about that up until a random date in the future that's probably six months from now but that's just a coincidence!!!!

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Some shameful posts in here.

Anyway, looking forward to this update. I picked it up last month based on a recommendation in one of the Xbox threads and would recommend it to anyone.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
funny to see everyone saying about MS moneyhating but forgets about sony doing the same with FFXVI, spider man DLC on avengers, deathloop, etc etc etc lol.

Have Sony had timed patches or bought a whole publisher?

Anyway, will be interesting to see why the resources went to Xbox first, gamepass title? Either way all the best for the game launch.

Jul 10, 2020
Bobby-Hill-Shake-My-Head-At-Peggy-On-King-Of-The-Hill.gif

This thread.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
This game was really interesting I got it on PC but it gets so convoluted. I eventually just ended up not knowing what I needed to do and going back I get even more confused. If I ever want to finish it I will need to restart from scratch I guess.

Further clarification on Xbox Series X|S version, future PS5 upgrade, further upgrade info

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Hey all, just a few last bullet points here to help clear things up. I appreciate all the questions and discussion about the game! The Xbox Series X version of Manifold is something I was the project lead on and I'm super passionate about it. I can't wait until next week when we have footage and more details to show.

• We can't talk about the business realities such as why we're on Xbox first vs PlayStation, who authored what language, etc. I can however be clear - no deal was signed, nor money changed hands, regarding a next-gen upgrade policy. We were working on the Series X|S version, and it was ready for launch (in fact, it's already live for anyone with the hardware as of today.) No conspiracy theories here.
  • The fact that our PlayStation answer is "stay tuned" comes from us, not any of our business partners. We don't want to talk about things until we have details and an announcement ready.
  • While the contents of it may be redundant for many on this forum who keep up to date with how these programs work, we put together an FAQ about the Xbox console upgrade process in relation to Manifold Garden, as well as the Series X|S versions of the game, that you can find here. Again, hardcore industry followers aren't necessarily the target audience, but you can hopefully find something of value there!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
And you're being at best naive or at worst willfully obtuse.

But I'm done with this, really no point.
Hey all, just a few last bullet points here to help clear things up. I appreciate all the questions and discussion about the game! The Xbox Series X version of Manifold is something I was the project lead on and I'm super passionate about it. I can't wait until next week when we have footage and more details to show.

• We can't talk about the business realities such as why we're on Xbox first vs PlayStation, who authored what language, etc. I can however be clear - no deal was signed, nor money changed hands, regarding a next-gen upgrade policy. We were working on the Series X|S version, and it was ready for launch (in fact, it's already live for anyone with the hardware as of today.) No conspiracy theories here.
  • The fact that our PlayStation answer is "stay tuned" comes from us, not any of our business partners. We don't want to talk about things until we have details and an announcement ready.
  • While the contents of it may be redundant for many on this forum who keep up to date with how these programs work, we put together an FAQ about the Xbox console upgrade process in relation to Manifold Garden, as well as the Series X|S versions of the game, that you can find here. Again, hardcore industry followers aren't necessarily the target audience, but you can hopefully find something of value there!

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
Pot...

Oh sure, maybe actual cash was not exchanged and it's just "financial arrangements" including marketing push.

But let's call a spade a spade.
If we needed any extra proof this person is NOT in good faith, there it is.

He is now accusing the developers of this game to be receiving money from Microsoft, despite the fact the producer said there's no money involved and that there is only FIVE - i said F I V E - people on their team :)