• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about a non-Viz release - Apothecary Diaries has an official release now, so go check that out if you like mystery/medical/romcom/historical stories

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Talking about a non-Viz release - Apothecary Diaries has an official release now, so go check that out if you like mystery/medical/romcom/historical stories
Bought the ebook and excited to dig in. Its defiantly up there with my favourite ongoings right now. Price was 4.40 euro on kindle too which is great for a new release.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the ebook and excited to dig in. Its defiantly up there with my favourite ongoings right now. Price was 4.40 euro on kindle too which is great for a new release.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing. It'd be worth it for more money imo, but low barrier to entry is nice.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing. It'd be worth it for more money imo, but low barrier to entry is nice.
Though they seem to have been increasing a bit Yen Press ebook were generally have the physical copy price. I believe SE books got a chunk of their staff from Yen Press so its good to see they've inherited their attitude to pricing.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Agravity Boys 49 - I admit, this entire penis power system thing has been pretty funny. I was surprised to see the others get in on it, but I'm guessing it's going away next chapter.

Black Clover 276 - Just setting up fights here, not much to say.

Dr. Stone 179 - This entire set-up of them having to make inventions with a ticking time bomb has been great. Also they really made a chapter out of the corn-chicken-wolf problem. Amazing.

Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin 24 - Introducing a group of new characters to hopefully spur reader excitement, but it isn't working for me.

Jujutsu Kaisen 133 - Ah damn this guy.

Magu-chan 25 - This is a nice cozy series. Nice to see this isn't in danger of cancellation anymore.

Mission: Yozakura Family 64 - Training has been fun, and I still appreciate how the leads actually have romantic moments together.

Moriking 33 - Yeah, this definitely seems to be heading to an end now. If there was any intention of continuing with a galactic tournament or whatever, you'd think they'd have made this arc longer. I will say everyone not paying much attention to the fight was funny.

My Hero Academia 295 - I have to say, this is going on way longer than I expected, but they're finally retreating now. Curious to see the aftermath.

One Piece 999 - This Ace flashback is a weird addition.

Phantom Seer 17 - I have to say, I really enjoy how the girl is now a relevant fighter. With the volume sales, I suppose this will last long enough that we'll at least see how that develops a bit more.

Sakamoto Days 5 - Wasn't really feeling this Chinatown story.

We Never Learn 187 (END) - I don't see the issue other people have with this chapter. It doesn't invalidate the other endings, and it's just a fun bonus. In any case, not having WNL anymore will be a loss. I'm sure another harem series will come at some point, but WNL was really cozy and relatively not sleazy.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The fact the final WNL chapter won the WMR pizza bet on the second to last page justifies it's existence even if I hated the "ANY ROUTE IS CANON" nonsense. Either pick a canon girl (clearly Uruka) or commit to an actual harem ending despite how silly it is. I despite any harem that ends on an open "any girl could win" nonsense.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Agravity Boys 50 - Well, that was an ending. Kind of surprised it didn't touch the time travel stuff at all, but I suppose there is an epilogue chapter coming later. For this series overall, there were points where I enjoyed it, but those never lasted that long. I won't miss this.

Black Clover 277 - BS powers to beat BS powers, got it.

Dr. Stone 180 - I'm glad they addressed the dangerous insects of the Amazon. When they had the rubber boots and then there was a panel of Kohaku wearing them, I realized that's the real reason they introduced the boots, lol. With the ending, I was expecting a big device; I didn't expect a huge pile of small devices in a pyramid shape.

Shokugeki no Sanji 2 - Holy crap. I liked Sanji in this chapter. Like legit thought he was a good character. I can't think of the last time I thought that in One Piece proper, even during Whole Cake Island. Sanji and Zoro also had nice interactions. It was weird how it went out of its way to not show Luffy and Usopp's faces, though. Didn't work in the art style, I suppose.

Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin 25 - Underwater battles with scuba gear seems pretty rough.

Jujutsu Kaisen 134 - Interesting exposition here.

Magu-chan 26 - This really is a nice wholesome series.

Mission: Yozakura Family 65 - This was a cute chapter. As I've said before, I enjoy how this series actually allows the main couple to do couple stuff.

Moriking 34 - So, uh, this is ending next chapter, right?

My Hero Academia 296 - Alright, finally getting some followup to all that happened. Damn, lots of people arrested. RIP Midnight; didn't expect a character we've known for so long to die like that. I wonder how the next arc will play out.

One Piece 1000 - Big Mom and Kaido goading Luffy and then him declaring he'll be King of the Pirates was pretty hype. Also, Zoro getting challenging opponents for once hype. I do worry we won't see much of the other fights, though.

Phantom Seer 18 - Oh hey, that fake out was actually pretty clever. The barrier tricks here make me think of what Orihime could have been.

The Promised Neverland 181.4 - So, uh, this has nothing to do with The Promised Neverland, outside of a girl being in a bad orphanage. Is this meant to be what's going on in the human world during TPN? The story itself was alright.

Sakamoto Days 6 - Woah, are we going action shonen already?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover 278 - For what seem to be the big bads of this arc, the fights against them don't feel that important.

Dr. Stone 181 - I hadn't considered the fact that they can just start smashing the Medusa devices to see how they work now. Also a clever use of their unusual properties. Hopefully the super science doesn't take over the series, though.

Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin 26 - That undersea fight was fun.

Jujutsu Kaisen 135 - Fight continues to be good.

Magu-chan 27 - Another cute chapter. The mom has been fun, so it's sad to see her go again.

Mission: Yozakura Family 66 - I have to say, it's been kind of weird seeing so many slice of life chapters after it seemed like they were all getting ready for war, but now they're actually going. I hadn't considered that the villains could have the mom's body. Also, I continue to appreciate how the main couple actually clearly love each other.

Moriking 35 (FINAL) - I figured the bugs would become human, but I didn't expect this implementation. It was actually pretty sad seeing that Moriking chose to pass on, but then it turned out he was alive at the end, so (shrug).

My Hero Academia 297 - Oh hey, never expected these prisoners to return. Also surprised it took until almost chapter 300 for a prison break to happen.

One Piece 1001 - Oh hey, how long has it been since Zoro put on his mask? The three captains taking the fireballs to the face was good.

Phantom Seer 19 - Kind of eh chapter, it probably should have progressed things more than it did.

Sakamoto Days 7 - This was a pretty fun chapter. Introducing even more nerfs for Shin's powers.

Oct 25, 2017
Shin is still my fav part of Sakamoto, forever will be the perfect son in this family, lol.

I wish Yozakura Family would get bigger in the west, part of me would buy it in print, still dont know why viz keeps it digital only when its kouhai have printed volumes scheduled already.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Shin is still my fav part of Sakamoto, forever will be the perfect son in this family, lol.

I wish Yozakura Family would get bigger in the west, part of me would buy it in print, still dont know why viz keeps it digital only when its kouhai have printed volumes scheduled already.
Wasn't it already licensed? Then again, I am only subscribed to the digital editions.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted here in ages

Black Clover 284 - In my last post, I mentioned that the fights against the Spade leaders felt anticlimactic, and now we're fighting a bunch of demons. It's alright I guess. Also, kind of forgot the Black Bulls weren't already there until their Avengers Assemble moment.

Dr. Stone 188 - Spider bite scene was dumb. Still, this match with Stanley's crew was more interesting than I expected. In the latest chapter, didn't expect Tsukasa and Hyoga to get shot up, even with the Medusa Device solution.

The Elusive Samurai 7 - Haven't commented on this series yet. I'm a fan of the mangaka's previous stuff, and there is some interesting stuff here. I assume I'd appreciate the story more if I knew the history. The setup introduced this chapter seems promising, with the hero having to learn from his enemy.

Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin 33 - The hero getting a super move is kind of weird. The oracle turning older for one chapter is also weird. I'm saying it's hard to get a sense of what's going on with this series.

i tell c 6 - I was somewhat interested in this story at the start, but six chapters in, it's pretty clear that we aren't going to get actual mysteries in this series. They disarmed a killer then ran away from him, allowing him to rearm. What the hay. And now we're getting what feels like a "manga's failing, introduce a big twist!" event just six chapters in.

Jujutsu Kaisen 141 - I have to say, I didn't expect this series to go post-apocalyptic. This arc seems interesting so far.

Magu-chan 34 - Well, looks like we're going into serious stuff now. Hopefully it still remains fun.

Mission: Yozakura Family 73 - These fights have been pretty decent, though I'm not super impressed by them.

My Hero Academia 304 - All this stuff with the Todorokis has been interesting; and really, I would have never expected this kind of complicated family dynamic in a Jump series, presented this way. In the newest chapter, giving One For All to someone with a quirk coming with a time limit makes sense as a downside.

Nine Dragons' Ball Parade 4 - This has been a pretty enjoyable series so far. Nothing amazing yet, but it's solid and workmanlike.

One Piece 1006 - Hmm, what happened in the recent chapters? With Sanji yelling for help, on one end, I suppose it's good that he actual did that, but on the other, wow they're doing Sanji dirty.

Phantom Seer 26 - This puppet arc has been pretty alright. Not super impressed, though.

Sakamoto Days 14 - This series has been fun enough still, but I'm not a huge fan of this going so hard into action. I did like that the wife found out about the assassins, though.

Spy x Family 42 - Was there a chapter I didn't post about? I don't remember. Anyway, this new chapter was pretty fun. Happy to get more Smug Anya.

Undead Unluck - I'm slowly catching up to this series, reading 5 chapters a week, and I'm on chapter 25. After the rough start, this has gotten pretty good. I hope the anime adaptation cleans up the beginning.

Witch Watch 5 - I'm just really digging this series. Aside from it not being gay, it's really hitting all my buttons as a cute comedy.