• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Elusive Samurai 30
E-iLXpDWEAARgwe

Cute

But

Kojiro FTW. This was amazing.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone 209

Another time skip might be interesting. However I can't stop thinking about all the people working for them off-screen around the world since some of you pointed it out

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Candy Flurry is so cancelled that they threw in a giant robot for no other reason than because they could

Meanwhile, Red Hood must be so cancelled that nobody had time to draw any backgrounds this week, apparently

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone 209

Another time skip might be interesting. However I can't stop thinking about all the people working for them off-screen around the world since some of you pointed it out

Haven't read the last three chapters, Dr. Stone has gotten so boring now, only time it was super good in recent memory was when Suika was all by herself

Oct 25, 2017
Candy Fluury 18

Darn it wont be joining the under19 club I guess.

But why the mecha.

At least best boy is back.

High School Family 52

Final panel did make me laugh. Save your mom.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Elusive Samurai 30

Raw chapter. For a series that can be pretty childish the kills are so gory lmao

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read the last three chapters, Dr. Stone has gotten so boring now, only time it was super good in recent memory was when Suika was all by herself
Yeah, Suika brought back the charm of starting from zero it had at the beginning. Rushing a space rocket feels weird, but I'm not sure on how they could have done it. Having an enemy on the moon was a nice twist but made it hard to enable a confrontation.

Oct 25, 2017
BLue Box 19

best boy returns and we get more awesome Taiki x Haryu action

The Taiki and Chinatsu take two moment was lol

Dr. Stone 209

That will be a compelling ending to the manga or at least open it up for a sequel/epilogue volume of whoever the descendants of the cast are to come and save everyone decades later. Hoping they stick with this and not introduce some return vessel after all.

Though this means if we do have descendants, ships will have to be confirmed :(

Also I love Yo showing up.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry is so cancelled that they threw in a giant robot for no other reason than because they could

Meanwhile, Red Hood must be so cancelled that nobody had time to draw any backgrounds this week, apparently
no manga is cancelled at 9 chapters this makes 0 sense cmon
even neru with ther worst first ranking ever isnt cancelled yet

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
no manga is cancelled at 9 chapters this makes 0 sense cmon
even neru with ther worst first ranking ever isnt cancelled yet
I imagine they were just saying that in jest or assuming that the author was given the notice that things aren't doing well.

But as for the not cancelled that early on bit, the infamous Chagecha ended with 8 chapters. And Tokyo Wonder Boys only had 10.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they were just saying that in jest or assuming that the author was given the notice that things aren't doing well.

But as for the not cancelled that early on bit, the infamous Chagecha ended with 8 chapters. And Tokyo Wonder Boys only had 10.
I feel unless a manga has some sort of controversy, like plagiarism etc, they just wait until 17-20 to cancel, probably to await volume sales too

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Either that or Red Hood. Both seem to be on the bubble. But too soon to tell.

WSJ Ranking
#1 Dr. Stone (+1)
#2 My Hero Academia (+1)
#3 Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi (IN)
#4 Jujutsu Kaisen (+4)
#5 Sakamoto Days (+4)
#6 Mashle (-1)
#7 Me & Roboco (+6)
#8 Undead Unluck (+3)
#9 Mission: Yozakura Family (IN)
#10 Blue Box (IN)
#11 Witch Watch (-1)
#12 Koukousei Kazoku (-5)
#13 Neru: Bugei Dougyou
#14 Ayakashi Triangle (=)
#15 Red Hood (-9)
#16 Candy Flurry (-1)

Red Hood's drop is disappointing/I still feel like there's potential but like you said it's too soon.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One thing to notice is that all newcomers except sakamoto are in the bottom half, it could be just reshuffling

honestly it is hard to take conclusions from ToC unless the manga is always at the bottom like CF

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Almost caught up with Spy X Family. Gonna blast the rest right before bed.

Spoiler dodging skills have been great.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that difficult, I'm into pretty much everything : Action, Comedy, Drama, Sports ETC…
I'll try to say multiple genres then.

Completed

Kekkaishi by Yellow Tanabe - It's a battle shonen where they create barriers around monsters to eliminate them. The initial setting is the school of the two MCs because it is the resting ground of a god. One of my favourite manga. I really enjoyed the varied tecniques, the growth of the characters, and how the story unfolds and ends.

Haikyu by Furudate Haruichi - It's a sports manga focused on a short teenager that loves volleyball and defies the height expectations. I really enjoyed it's more realistic approach compared to other Jump sports series, and seeing the MC struggle and then overcome his problems was really satisfying.

Horimiya by Hagiwara Daisuke and HERO - It's a slice of life about two very different schoolamtes that meet outside by chance and discover new stuff about each other. This brings them closer and it makes both of them and the people around them grow in understanding and drop prejudices. After the main premise is set, there is a lot of daily life/ interactions at school, but I found it really comfy to read and enjoyed it till the end.

Ongoing

Vinland Saga by Yukimura Makoto - Historical manga set in the time of the Vikings. It follows the life of the MC as he grows and learns how to deal with vengeance, guilt and peacemaking. There are a lot of action scenes, conflict among characters, and coming to term with ones actions.

My Home Hero by Asaki Masashi and Yamakawa Naoki - It's a drama focused on a salaryman that kills the abusive boyfriend of his daughter and has to cover his tracks. The main point is seeing how he deals with all the problems with the dead's associates and the police investigating, but moving forward it also adds mistery/drama to the family's backstory.

Blue Period by Yamaguchi Tsubasa - It talks about a highschooler without a purpose until he finds out he really likes art. It follows his journey into learning about drawing and decides to follow it as a career path. The art style is particular and conveys really well the theme. It shows his struggles with anxiety and talks about how personal art is and how it can communciate something.

Malakiax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that difficult, I'm into pretty much everything : Action, Comedy, Drama, Sports ETC…
Space Brothers
Blue Period
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End
Kids on the Slope
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
I Had That Same Dream Again
Blank Canvas: My So-Called Artist's Journey
Skip and Loafer
A Silent Voice

Edit: Sket Dance

Corgi

Oct 28, 2017
Northern, New Jersey
Elusive Samurai 30
E-iLXpDWEAARgwe

Cute

But

Kojiro FTW. This was amazing.

I had absolutely no idea that the author of Assassination Classroom; had a new manga. Wow

BLue Box 19

best boy returns and we get more awesome Taiki x Haryu action

The Taiki and Chinatsu take two moment was lol

Dr. Stone 209

That will be a compelling ending to the manga or at least open it up for a sequel/epilogue volume of whoever the descendants of the cast are to come and save everyone decades later. Hoping they stick with this and not introduce some return vessel after all.

Though this means if we do have descendants, ships will have to be confirmed :(

Also I love Yo showing up.

I've been worried about continuing Blue Box, mostly because I am scared of it becoming a harem .

And I like the idea you have for Dr. Stone; I still need to read it

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Red Hood had a great start imo, I actually liked that it extended its intro past the first chapter. I'm really not feeling it now, and am starting to like Neru more.

Spy x Fam was amazing this week. Yor is something else, I love it.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Any good manga to recommend ? 🙃
My recommendation to almost everyone is Chainsaw Man: It's dark, bizarre, occasionally raunchy, and will make you cry one chapter and laugh out loud the next. Also a very fast read at 97 chapters, lots of people binge it in a weekend. Just a singular experience of one author's weird brain.

If you want something lighter, my favorite currently running series is Sakamoto Days, an action-comedy about a legendary assassin who settles down to raise a family and run a convenience store.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's really pretty unfair that Spy x Family is probably the funniest series in the magazine and it has best-in-class action.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
spy x family 52

I doubt this chapter survives as is for the eventual anime adaption lol. It's going to be toned down without a doubt because... oof... especially that last kill lol.

Loved the chapter though.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Undead Unluck 77

It's weird seeing a series backpedal on its early days so hard like this. It's essentially retconned itself by this point, since the first arc no longer makes any sense.

Remember when the Union tried to kill Fuuko just because she's a Negator and they were out of open slots? But apparently years ago, they were perfectly nice and caring towards Top and were just going to leave him alone after his powers awakened. Oh, and the Union are unambiguous good guys now and we're just gonna ignore that Shen was cool with Andy killing off two of his coworkers.

Between this and the gross, skeevy shit being completely abandoned, I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes when this series was first starting. I wonder if there will be any rewrites when this gets an anime. I hope so, since purging the pervy garbage from the get-go would make the anime 100X easier to recommend.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Recently started to read Jujutsu Kaisen seriously.

I don't think I have ever gritted my teeth so much when reading a manga as I have done so so far with this one. It feels like there is always a constant sense that the heroes are always on the losing end, it is kinda frustrating, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck 77

It's weird seeing a series backpedal on its early days so hard like this. It's essentially retconned itself by this point, since the first arc no longer makes any sense.

Remember when the Union tried to kill Fuuko just because she's a Negator and they were out of open slots? But apparently years ago, they were perfectly nice and caring towards Top and were just going to leave him alone after his powers awakened. Oh, and the Union are unambiguous good guys now and we're just gonna ignore that Shen was cool with Andy killing off two of his coworkers.

Between this and the gross, skeevy shit betting completely abandoned, I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes when this series was first starting. I wonder if there will be any rewrites when this gets an anime. I hope so, since purging the pervy garbage from the get-go would make the anime 100X easier to recommend.

Yeah, thinking back, the first arc doesn't make much sense now. Especially with all these backstories.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family's latest chapter shot Yor straight up into one of my favorite characters ever, shit was fire

Recently started to read Jujutsu Kaisen seriously.

I don't think I have ever gritted my teeth so much when reading a manga as I have done so so far with this one. It feels like there is always a constant sense that the heroes are always on the losing end, it is kinda frustrating, haha.

One arc in particular... oh man

Easily the best shounen arc I've read from a newer series since Promised Neverland's first arc

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spy X Family 52

God damn. Yor is a beast.
Really badass chapter that was funny yet intense. This manga is just the best.

Now I am wondering how they are gonna adapt it. Either they make it an adult anime or they tone down the violence. I can see why they would tone them down as the series is wholesome and cute most of the time but things like this are just way more effective if they don't tone it down.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That Spy X Family chapter felt like the mangaka really wanted to make up for lost time, since in 50 chapters Yor sure hasn't done much assassinating until now lol

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018

Manga Plus Editor, Momiyama, hopes/thinks it's possible that in 10 years time, manga sales outside of Japan will grow from the current ~20% of the total manga market to ~50%.