• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Horimiya extra chapter
Cleaning up and learning the box lifting strength hierarchy is great and all but can we get that beach post grad chapter already

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia 1-126
After reading a few chapters of from a variety of recommendations, somehow My Hero Academia is the one I stuck with. Really don't care about Deku at all, but a lot of the world view of heroes, along side the fading power of All Might is got me to keep reading.

I do wish there were fewer characters for the comic to juggle though. It feels like most fights only have room for 1-2 pages per character and things get cluttered because of it. My favorite moments have been when the comic slows down and actually lingers on a particular moment or fight.

Also, I have been enjoying how the manga sets up well-worn tropes and tends to scurry just to the left of them.

I'm hoping I keep enjoying it well enough as it goes on (and I'm hoping the things I like about it just get better.)

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
People need to stop with the wild assumptions about every little thing. It's exhausting enough dealing with the real world nonsense, no need to go chasing shadows too.

OP
OP
LaunchpadMcQ

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
WonDance 1-15

A seinen manga about dance battles with incredible art - I feel like this was made for me.

yb9yWvR.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Witch Watch 25

Wow that was a pleasant surprise and a new different take on werewolves.

Will Keigo return to Keigo post arc?

Red Hood 6

Whats with the "prologue" thing writers want to do now.

And worst, now we have an entrance exam here too? Feels unnecessary. Velou already proved his worth.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Bleach (oneshot)

I REALLY liked that oneshot, it was a really interesting way to setup a proper and interesting continuation.

Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry 15

Impressive attack.

Me & Roboco 52

nice festival outfits, otherwise, as a repeat it was fine, still love Gachi and Motsuo dedication to their friend.

Magu chan 54

Nothing special, did like the Cringe line.

High School Family 49

Well at least he wasnt the stereotypical pervy old man.

Blue Box 16

Feels like the chapter you'd put at the start of a new volume or something since it just felt like recap. Hina just needs some to love, I dont think she like Taiki like that.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia

He said the thing! Now people can stop complaining that he hasn't said the thing! Woo!

Undead & Unluck

Setting up so many fights to happen simultaneously could be a bad idea given how this is why manga grind to a halt all the time, but I do really like how we don't know what a lot of those abilities are.

One Piece

Is this Momonosuke's Gon moment?

Bleach (oneshot)

I REALLY liked that oneshot, it was a really interesting way to setup a proper and interesting continuation.

Yeah, I liked it too. Some cute dialogue, interesting new characters (I really like the deaf vice captain and how the Shinigami learned sign language for him) and there are some serious implications to boot.

I do hope this means Bleach will continue but it may be some time before it does. He's hardly going to just give up on Burn the Witch.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nico Robin and Bakugo were real cool this week, real cool indeed

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Bleach

I enjoyed that waaaay more than I thought I would after reading the summary. Bleach was always its best when it had the characters shooting the breeze mixed in with the fighting. This had a lot of that.
Really fun and a great set up to continue on

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I'm gonna guess that this Bleach one shot made more sense to people who read it more recently? Because to me, a solid 50% of it felt like they were repeating names of people I either never met or dont remember.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Okay, so I'm gonna guess that this Bleach one shot made more sense to people who read it more recently? Because to me, a solid 50% of it felt like they were repeating names of people I either never met or dont remember.

Yeah I had no clue wtf was happening for most of it. The action was decent enough and the new (?) characters were fun but I couldn't really tell you what most of the story was about.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Bunch of great chapters, Neru continues to be solid, Mashle's slaughtermelon gag got me good, poor guy. Also that witch watch twist was great. Too bad candy flurry is getting it's footing as it's likely ending, the reveal of knockoff candy was a good one( or rather there's a prime and then there's lesser)

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Is it confirmed we're getting a continuation and what form that'll take?

As far as i know, there's no confirmation of any kind of continuation.

That one shot is a story placed directly as a continuation the manga so yeah, you have to remember the characters in order to make sense of what's happening.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Bleach One Shot

I quite enjoyed that, the new Vice Captains had interesting attacks and it was just nice seeing all the old characters interacting again without a massive threat looming over them.. until the end. If Jump and Kubo could release a chapter or two like that every now and then it would be great.

Oct 25, 2017
Bleach Oneshot

It's been a wild decade since it ended at Fullbringer arc. I only know some of familiar names popped up in my mind and all. Although I'm trying to reminiscent them all but damn, it feels so amazing to see it comeback again.

Also, interesting fact that Hell butterfly is a closure behind the "Hell" of society souls.

Oct 25, 2017
E8XM_HfXoAQ0eJv

Keigo Asano getting screen time was the best.

Kon and Ichigo's son getting time too but they felt so underutilized. There has to be more after this as theres no way to just leave BLeach as this. Maybe the new anime will handle the series like Boruto does and let this live on in anime form. Hoping.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
As far as i know, there's no confirmation of any kind of continuation.

That one shot is a story placed directly as a continuation the manga so yeah, you have to remember the characters in order to make sense of what's happening.

Sure, but this one shot clearly left the door wide open for this hell plot line to continue. I wonder if we'll see Kubo alternate seasons of BtW with more new Bleach content.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
̶A̶o̶ Mouryo no Hako 2

This is now a murder mystery about the mysterious death of Hina, a star gymnast, stabbed a hundred times in her sports hall in broad light, with no trace of either assailant or the murder weapon.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Dug the new Red Hood chapter. Some very cool world building going on there.

The author is definitely wearing their type on their sleeve tho, huh

Oct 27, 2017
There were a lot of new character intros in the first half

E8XM_HfXoAQ0eJv

Keigo Asano getting screen time was the best.

Kon and Ichigo's son getting time too but they felt so underutilized. There has to be more after this as theres no way to just leave BLeach as this. Maybe the new anime will handle the series like Boruto does and let this live on in anime form. Hoping.

Already dreading this. Although the children of IchiHime and RRukiaji so far are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR more interesting Bort and Salad

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the characters you don't remember are probably the jobbers, so you're good.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JJK 154

Nice to see Metal Gear Fushiguro using his shadow CQC techniques. Panda is always fun. The Fight Club mini arc is a nice change of pace from the large scale ultra grim stuff as of late

Depending how things around Kirara play out means we get trans or gay/bi representation. Cool either way.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Red Hood 6
Yep, this is from one of Horikoshi's assistants alright

Dug the chapter, though. Some neat worldbuilding and the obligatory "exam" seems to instead be three months of boot camp. Hopefully its executed well.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Red Hood

Interesting how Grimm points out how it couldn't be "power of friendship" and that everything happening is way too convenient. Hopefully building to something good (if rankings are good in two issues).

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 211
Now that we know teams can communicate I think it is time for all teams to coordinate a mid exam protest until Border starts paying better wages/promises the stipend to everyone participating in the exam.

A Rank and Board of directors would probably just respond by grading the protest though.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Box 16
I'm not too fond of love triangles, I hope the story doesn't go there.
The part where she's "They can push each other forward, that's nice.... I'll have to do my best alone" really hit me

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Blue Box 16
I'm not too fond of love triangles, I hope the story doesn't go there.
The part where she's "They can push each other forward, that's nice.... I'll have to do my best alone" really hit me

That's clearly where it's going, I'm just impressed they're not jump straight into pure melodrama with the childhood friend yet.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Play it Cool, Guys vol 1

81vDES49RXL.jpg

A series of short stories about a bunch of boys, various ages, all of whom everyone think are super cool, just being the biggest klutz's in the world. Stuff like forgetting to plug their headphones in to the phone before playing music on the train, constantly trying to adjust glasses they aren't wearing, pulling every push door, etc. Was cute, will read vol 2.