• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
100 Girlfriends 64-65

I just caught up with this a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. Then immediately after the next girl that's introduced is like a foot taller than the protag and I'm like "is this a thank you gift to me for reading?"

Anyway in this chapter 14 girls who are all not-married to the same dude and call themselves a "family" wear matching long dresses and farm vegetables. Definitely not a cult.

Oct 26, 2017
It's been ages since I've read manga, any chance you could recommend me a good semi-recent comfy manga with a good number of volumes already translated? If the art is good-to-great, that'd be a huge plus for me.
Yotsuba: good slice of life look at a 5 year old enjoying life (15 volumes so far)

Shinmai Shinmai no Futari Gohan: fluffy cooking manga about step sisters (6 volumes so far)

Horimiya: great romcom that doesn't fall for the usual tropes and spends a decent time developing the cast and interpersonal relationships (completed—16 volumes)

A Rare Marriage: How to Grill our Love: focuses on a newlywed couple who enjoy grilling meat (34 chapters)

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Boy's Abyss 1-50

This is somehow both worse and better than i expected. Like a polished turd.
Also everyone sucks. The people in the town. The author. Me for binging it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Harta takes breaks in January and July each year (always have), but the past couple years, they started publishing big things on their break months. For this month, they're doing this big shiny anthology called Terang. I believe it's 20 one-shots, and many of the mangaka are new to Harta. I hope they pick up some talent and get a new big hit, because I'm still sad about the creation of Aokishi, the new Kadokawa magazine that took A Bride's Story and Go with the Clouds, North-by-Northwest away from Harta.

You can see previews of the one-shots in the thread. Lots of cool looking stuff!

Oct 25, 2017
Look Back (by Tatsuki Fujimoto)

This almost seems biographical. Like it's based on someone Fujimoto knew, or it's based on himself.
The massacre part does remind me of the KyoAni arson. Crazy guy thought his work was being stolen so he attacked the people he believed responsible.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's legitimately the worst thing I've ever read.
This made me curious about what would be the worst one I've read. I gave A Town Where You Live and Devil's Ecstasy 2/10, apparently. The only 1/10 is Kuso Miso Technique, which I read years back for the memes (I dressed like the guy with a mask for Halloween in Tokyo one year haha).
DvPCzB9V4AAFBeu.jpg

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
This made me curious about what would be the worst one I've read. I gave A Town Where You Live and Devil's Ecstasy 2/10, apparently. The only 1/10 is Kuso Miso Technique, which I read years back for the memes (I dressed like the guy with a mask for Halloween in Tokyo one year haha).
DvPCzB9V4AAFBeu.jpg

Mine is Shuumatsu no Tenki, although I've only scored stuff that I've actually completed

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Look Back

It's almost 11PM here and my heart is broken now :(

Can't wait for Chainsawman Part 2 to make my heart broken all over again.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Look Back:
"Huh, I guess I was wrong about bracing myself for the other shoe to drop here. Nothing tragic or horrific happening out of left field this ti- Oh, goddamnit Fujimoto"

This was really good

Oct 25, 2017
Yozakura Family 91

Definitely one of the most epic chapters yet.

Magu Chan 52

Une-san for the win proving once again shes the best of the gods. Izuma FTW.

Neru 3

A little messy but otherwise liked what happened. Entrance exam though, guess its following the HeroAcademia and HxH path.

Anyway, Shinra has competition.
E6l0yZSWUAMygaM

Last edited:

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Look Back (by Tatsuki Fujimoto)

This almost seems biographical. Like it's based on someone Fujimoto knew, or it's based on himself.
The massacre part does remind me of the KyoAni arson. Crazy guy thought his work was being stolen so he attacked the people he believed responsible.
Today is the second year anniversary. It's not a coincidence.

Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry 13
E6l6PQbWEAUmJwe

Misaki is so honest.

I also loved the entire discussion and the classmates response.

Also the invitation to switch sides, he really felt sorry for Misaki, sad.

I'm still sad Misaki is trapped in this going to be cancelled manga. He was great.

Good humor this week.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Look Back

That was fantastic. And yeah, it's no coincidence that it dropped on the 2 year anniversary of the Kyoani massacre.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fujimoto is way too damn good at what he does.

Also I legit laughed out loud at the 4komas.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's only like 12 chapters long right now, but Blue Box has been pretty great.
Spy X Family

Fantastic comedy with some light action-y elements, but very wholesome overall. There's five volumes out now, but it's up to chapter 49 on Viz/Mangaplus
Yotsuba: good slice of life look at a 5 year old enjoying life (15 volumes so far)

Shinmai Shinmai no Futari Gohan: fluffy cooking manga about step sisters (6 volumes so far)

Horimiya: great romcom that doesn't fall for the usual tropes and spends a decent time developing the cast and interpersonal relationships (completed—16 volumes)

A Rare Marriage: How to Grill our Love: focuses on a newlywed couple who enjoy grilling meat (34 chapters)

Thanks for the shouts, everyone! I'm excited to get to these :)

What do you view as "comfy"? A good enough, inoffensive shonen? A wholesome romance?

That's a good question! The series I was reading that prompted the question was definitely a wholesome romance, but really anything with positive, low-key vibes is what I'm looking for. Something like Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko works too, where it's just a pretty positive character going around and seeing their slice of the world.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It's been ages since I've read manga, any chance you could recommend me a good semi-recent comfy manga with a good number of volumes already translated? If the art is good-to-great, that'd be a huge plus for me.
Magu-chan is about a year in and it's a supernatural comedy with some genuine sweetness and heart behind it.

Oct 25, 2017
Witch Watch 23

Oh nice, Kan got to at least do something. Wish he wasn't left on home duty :(

Ayakashi Triangle 53

Ritta is back, best boy. Wonder if the writer will have him peak in/intrude again. Actually did go back to chapter 14 to reread.

Mashle 71

I think the writing will probably always keep this from being in the upper echelon of jump series as some part of it are nothing outstanding, and maybe like the end of the witch watch chapter, felt like the writer could have easily cut two or four of the ending pages. When the enemies face was deforming right after taking space magic for example, he should have left then, not stayed around and then left two pages later.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Blue box
I really liked this date, Taiki is still too nervous, but he can pull nice moves in clutch, the sticker thing was really cut, specially that she used it instantly

Look Back
Even if it is short and closed, really good and I think even better than all of Fujimoto past works, that isnt an easy feat
I love the references to his part works too

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yugami-kun doesn't have any friends (completed)
Psuedo Harem (completed)
One Point Advice Yankee (ongoing)
Boys Abyss (ongoing)
Shikimori's Not Just A Cutie (ongoing)

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone 205

Thats a really long break, guess they have to figure out how to make computer chips and monitors in the stone world so they need extra time.

Sai and Ryusui are good.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Red hood
so that solves the problem of why would velou leave the village, if there is no village he doesnt have much of a choice
also I totally see the witch Toga

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Look Back was amazing, holy shit.

Honestly I'd be down for a grounded Fujimoto series with all the bullshit people have to go through in real life.

Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto Days 32

with Shin's backstory I'm glad he gets to have a family to let him experience things like his first public bath, wonder if he's a fan after all that happened.

Blue Box 14

Uninteresting chapter. Needs high drama and suspension/tension.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Not too many exciting chapters this week. Look Back was amazing though.
I'm also going to miss Candy Flurry if/when it's canceled

Oct 25, 2017
Red Hood

At least we're finally leaving this place, really think we could have done this in three chapters not four.

Unsure if chemical infused weapons is all that interesting here in a world of magic. Seems very uninteresting.

Shokugeki no Sanji 3

Would easily give up Chopper, Franky, Jimbei, Brook, and Usopp if we could have Viva in the crew all the time. Best.

Also the left outfit is the best outfit.
E6mMaibXsAI162A

Last edited: