• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo - End

And so ended the loudest manga ever. I really enjoyed this one. Having them get together early on and even progress their relationship for many chapters after is really refreshing and awesome. I loved that the manga actually invited *us* to their wedding and thanked us too. Breaking the fourth wall this way was cool.

You could tell it was dropped but thankfully it landed the ending well. We got to see what happened to some of the other characters and we even saw their daughter (who is somehow louder than both!)

I will keep an eye for more works from this author.

this is the extreme hotblooded couple manga?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
If I wanted to read Spy x Family on my iPad…is there an app for that? A Shonen Jump one?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get a restock of Goodnight Punpun volumes 3 & 6, damn things are like gold dust.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Quintessential Quintuplets tonight. I really did not like the ending.

It was late so I didn't post any thoughts, but the MC ending up with Yotsuba just felt WAY out of left field. I've read some opinions on "why it made sense" based off of the whole "telling them apart because of love" thing, but it just didn't really feel like it fit the story as it was being told. I was reminded of How I Met Your Mother and how they did the whole bait and switch with the ending.

Yotsuba felt like a background character throughout most of the entire series. Sure, the idea that she was actually Rena was "cute", but that's it. Yotsuba didn't really contribute to the MC's growth as much as everyone else did. She never really got him out of his comfort zone or challenged him. At least not in any non-symbolic way.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with the series. But I would have much rather seen the MC end up with a different sister.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah

The one you can hear their yelling even though it is written

i've been meaning to check that out forever. I'll take a look

My Hero Academia Smash! vol 1-4
Everyone who was praising this was right. the art isn't amazing but the general warm vibes (and constant denouncing of Mineta as a worthless piece of shit) is extremely good.

I wouldn't be opposed if they just made little animated MHA omakes out of some of this material and canonised it (the less ridiculous ones, maybe, like everyone getting trapped in a kotatsu). Or even the more ridiculous ones, who cares lol

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Grand Blue 68

Forgot this was coming back. Much more enjoyable chapter compared to the last ones with the shitty "friends".
It is good that Aina is starting to realize that she doesn't understand Iori as much as she thought. I feel like Kouhei is probably better for her and he seems to care for her. Busujima continues to be a "gold digger" but I don't buy it that much. She clearly likes him and is justifiying it by using the money as an excuse and now I am excited for her to learn the truth finally. It is going to be really interesting. In the other words I ship it!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Not sure if this has been posted already, but god damn. I can't wait for my Deluxe Vol. 1 to be delivered.

Berserk in itself was also inspired by several manga, most notably Versailles no Bara by Riyoko Ikeda, whose iconic character Oscar de Jarjayes heavily influenced Kentaro Miura for Griffith.

Ok NOW my mind is blown! I NEVER made that connection, but can totally see it (although their personalities could NOT be any more different).

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Silfer

I started rereading Chainsaw Man and got to the part where they held a requiem for Himeno by kicking that dude's balls over and over, still funny as fuck

It truly remains a superior requiem to HxH's 🙆

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Hey does anyone know where you could post a Webtoon on Era? I've been working on one for a while with a artist and wanted some feedback. Also don't know the rules for self promotion.
I think threads made just for self promotion get closed, but maybe posting within community threads is okay if the OP and members don't mind? I've seen people post their own comics and music in community threads. If you can't find the rule on it, tag Poodlestrike or dm another mod.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Hey does anyone know where you could post a Webtoon on Era? I've been working on one for a while with a artist and wanted some feedback. Also don't know the rules for self promotion.
The easiest answer is ask a mod and get permission. But in general as long as you aren't creating a thread just to promote your stuff or spamming your stuff they are pretty chill about stuff.

Since this is a manga thread and webtoons are discussed here, I doubt they would have any issue if you posted a link to it here to get feed back. Now if you posted links every page asking people to go read it, that would be another story.

but again, the easiest answer is just message a mod to be sure.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
The easiest answer is ask a mod and get permission. But in general as long as you aren't creating a thread just to promote your stuff or spamming your stuff they are pretty chill about stuff.

Since this is a manga thread and webtoons are discussed here, I doubt they would have any issue if you posted a link to it here to get feed back. Now if you posted links every page asking people to go read it, that would be another story.

but again, the easiest answer is just message a mod to be sure.

I think threads made just for self promotion get closed, but maybe posting within community threads is okay if the OP and members don't mind? I've seen people post their own comics and music in community threads. If you can't find the rule on it, tag Poodlestrike or dm another mod.
Not sure about this thread but Era has a Writers thread and we're pretty easy going about self promo stuff.

Ok thank you everyone I'll dm a mod. And I'll post it here if the are cool with it. I wanted feedback from Manga/Webtoon readers.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Already answered the PM, but to expand publicly because there's been a bit of confusion over this in the past:

Era's rules about self-promotion are more about cutting down on spam and whatnot. Folks should feel free to post their stuff here as long as you don't go overboard and take over the discussion.

All of this is to say, go for it.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Alright here it is guys! This is my pet project called Enigma Voyager! Please give me your honest impressions!

www.webtoons.com

Enigma Voyager

Wade Hawkins awakes on a mysterious beach with no memory of how he got there, why he's there, or what's his next step. After coming across two other class mates and exploring the island he is thrust into the adventure of a life time. What lies in store for the group of friends as they fight to...

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Trying out a new manga

myanimelist.net

Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru.

The rumored "Grim Reaper" possessing the ability to curse others by touch alone, Akane Nishimura, is just a regular elementary school girl with a gloomy appearance. Due to constant bullying from her classmates, Akane is isolated and friendless at school. However, when clueless transfer student...

This is a cute story about two elementary school students—the assertive airhead transfer student Takada, and the gloomy girl who's a target of bullies, Nishimura.

So far the first few chapters were pretty fuwafuwa.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Alright here it is guys! This is my pet project called Enigma Voyager! Please give me your honest impressions!

www.webtoons.com

Enigma Voyager

Wade Hawkins awakes on a mysterious beach with no memory of how he got there, why he's there, or what's his next step. After coming across two other class mates and exploring the island he is thrust into the adventure of a life time. What lies in store for the group of friends as they fight to...

I've read the available chapters. There were a couple of typos, but I'm sure you've noticed them, I don't know how easy it is to fix them on Webtoon.
I wasn't too fond of how the characters acted/talked with each other, but I think the underlying mistery is good enough to sustain the plot.
Overall, I think that with a bit of polish it could be an enjoyable read.
I hope I wasn't too harsh. Good work and good luck for the future!

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
How do people feel about Hell's Paradise?

Considering starting it. Know nothing about, besides that it is a revenge story and involves ninjas (I think)
I like it. The battle is really good and the monsters are well-designed and terrifying. The story is pretty straightforward with some small twists here and there but doesn't overstay its welcome.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I've read the available chapters. There were a couple of typos, but I'm sure you've noticed them, I don't know how easy it is to fix them on Webtoon.
I wasn't too fond of how the characters acted/talked with each other, but I think the underlying mistery is good enough to sustain the plot.
Overall, I think that with a bit of polish it could be an enjoyable read.
I hope I wasn't too harsh. Good work and good luck for the future!

Thank you for the feedback! And yeah I've noticed the typos I just don't know how to fix them. The artist I work with does but I just don't have the courage to ask her to lol. As for the characters acting towards each other. That's kinda what I'm going for. 3 people that really shouldn't be around each other forced in a situation where they have to survive. We are pushing past the whole "They are just fighting all the time" part though.

And not even close to to harsh! I was looking for this kind of feedback! Thank you!

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the feedback! And yeah I've noticed the typos I just don't know how to fix them. The artist I work with does but I just don't have the courage to ask her to lol. As for the characters acting towards each other. That's kinda what I'm going for. 3 people that really shouldn't be around each other forced in a situation where they have to survive. We are pushing past the whole "They are just fighting all the time" part though.

And not even close to to harsh! I was looking for this kind of feedback! Thank you!

Great! I'll look forward to future developments

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Silfer

I started rereading Chainsaw Man and got to the part where they held a requiem for Himeno by kicking that dude's balls over and over, still funny as fuck

It truly remains a superior requiem to HxH's 🙆
I remember selling CSM to my friend who doesn't read manga (so basically waiting for the MAPPA anime) and I described this scene to him and he was SOLD.

Like 100% sold after hearing that.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Considering starting it. Know nothing about, besides that it is a revenge story and involves ninjas (I think)
Looooved Hell's Paradise. Starts out as sort of a Fantastical Feudal Japan Suicide Squad, but more of an Ostrander Squad, where you really get to know and like most of the cast. Very fun action and great writing throughout.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just "finished" Mamoru Oshii and Satoshi Kon's manga - Seraphim: 266613336 Wings. Kon was such a great artist. The story is full of Oshii's political musings and the action was well done, can see that Kon was an assistant of Otomo's on Akira, his art does echo that style here. Shame it's unfinished. Kind of surprised there was never an anime to finish it off or anything.
Seems like they made this manga together literally before they both had their big breaks in the anime world (Oshii with Ghost in the Shell and Kon with Perfect Blue). Cool manga anyway.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

The first third, maybe half is strong. Creepy atmosphere in the unknown setting, good sense of mystery, some decent character hooks. Sadly think it fails to utilize or develop any of this very well. Shows its hand too early, introduces some laughable characters and most of the character stuff is ultimately pretty trite. I've got like 4 chapters left and for months I can't be arsed to finish it. Good art and designs though.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Trying out a new manga

myanimelist.net

Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru.

The rumored "Grim Reaper" possessing the ability to curse others by touch alone, Akane Nishimura, is just a regular elementary school girl with a gloomy appearance. Due to constant bullying from her classmates, Akane is isolated and friendless at school. However, when clueless transfer student...

So far the first few chapters were pretty fuwafuwa.
One of my favourite cute manga

Oct 25, 2017
Ron Kamonohashi 25

Didn't even think of a disguise.

Curious if someone we know in the cast was in the explosion. (also Ron has already had someone die on his watch, that one teacher at the school in the observatory arc)

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
Does Elusive Samurai get better? I thought I'd be into it since the author also did Assassination Classroom but whew, the first two chapters are not grabbing me.