• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Grand Blue:

I really hope we're going to get some closure to at least one of these threads. Chisa and Iori started off great in this arc but Aina and her psychotic obsession is getting painfully old and now we all know that Busujima is into him for all the obvious and wrong reasons.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Scary rankings. If anything happens to Sakamoto Days or Magu-chan I will become a one-man riot.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Wait, so did the Kengan Ashura/Omega series finally get licensed in the US, or did the scans stop because of a license in another territory?

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
Wait, so did the Kengan Ashura/Omega series finally get licensed in the US, or did the scans stop because of a license in another territory?
The scans stopped because it wasn't getting licensed and the scanlators thought they might be part of the reason why that wasn't happening. Due to just how high quality their scans were. Or so I understood.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Grand Blue:

I really hope we're going to get some closure to at least one of these threads. Chisa and Iori started off great in this arc but Aina and her psychotic obsession is getting painfully old and now we all know that Busujima is into him for all the obvious and wrong reasons.
Same. I was hoping that Sakurako's misunderstanding gag would end this chapter, but it looks like that's gonna drag on. This arc started off really fun, not excited about where it's at now either.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shoot :/ I guess those scribbled pages from a week ago was telling. This is always news that sucks to see, whether it's a mental leave/stress, or physically unwell due to poor schedules, or even tendonitis :/ At least, those seem to be the main problems that pop up, but then sometimes it could be more serious like Miura :/

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Oh shoot :/ I guess those scribbled pages from a week ago was telling. This is always news that sucks to see, whether it's a mental leave/stress, or physically unwell due to poor schedules, or even tendonitis :/ At least, those seem to be the main problems that pop up, but then sometimes it could be more serious like Miura :/

And this week's chapter is 9 pages long.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017

I hope he takes as long as he needs to fully recover

Oct 27, 2017
Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo - End

And so ended the loudest manga ever. I really enjoyed this one. Having them get together early on and even progress their relationship for many chapters after is really refreshing and awesome. I loved that the manga actually invited *us* to their wedding and thanked us too. Breaking the fourth wall this way was cool.

You could tell it was dropped but thankfully it landed the ending well. We got to see what happened to some of the other characters and we even saw their daughter (who is somehow louder than both!)

I will keep an eye for more works from this author.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm glad that Gege is taking a break. Weekly chapters has got to be incredibly draining on mangakas, even if they have a team of assistants to help. Its not like America daily comic artists that can work a bit harder and bang out a couple weeks of backlogged four panel strips to give them a breather every few weeks. Mangakas are doing full on stories with many pages that have got to be incredibly draining.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I really think they should rotate in some of the Jump+ series so the authors can have at least a week off every month or two. The schedule many of these weekly authors keep is shocking and we've seen so many suffering from ill health or worse as a result.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the jump editors were the ones strongly encouraging a break for awhile. Wonder why manga authors are pretty stubborn and put their health second until it gets to such a point.

Hope its just fatigue and not something that could get more serious.

Oct 25, 2017
E3bIkpOX0AIIw4e

New TOC.
Candy Flurry's first ranking. Seems strong but like Phantom Seer it can easily plummet.

Oct 25, 2017
I really think they should rotate in some of the Jump+ series so the authors can have at least a week off every month or two. The schedule many of these weekly authors keep is shocking and we've seen so many suffering from ill health or worse as a result.
I think that only works if they actually do take an actual break instead of still drawing. Also that's also if they dont have other stuff to do.

Jujutsu was/is at peak popularity and the author probably had interviews, extra promo drawings, book corrections, the fanbook released in march, all on top of still keeping the weekly pace.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
It's crazy to think Gege is only 29 and has been worked so hard creating JJK. I'm the same age and have a pretty cozy desk job putting in <40 hours usually. Mangaka work so hard on weekly series and put so many hours into the job, and from what I gather it's not like they are swimming in cash or anything. As much as a series can get a lot of praise it seems like a pretty thankless job and people (maybe not Jump editors) just kind of expect you to toil away endlessly to keep creating their entertainment.

I hope a break does Gege good and they come back feeling rested and refreshed. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the way they said they don't want to delay getting to the ending makes it seem like JJK has become a stressor and a bit of chore. Almost makes me feel guilty for enjoying it!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
E3bIkpOX0AIIw4e

New TOC.
Candy Flurry's first ranking. Seems strong but like Phantom Seer it can easily plummet.

I dunno if I'd call middle of the pack a strong debut. For me a strong start would be what Blue Box did last week by beating out Elusive Samurai and being ranked 6. Candy Flurry is in the middle of the volatile part of the toc since Roboco through Witch Watch are all strong mid card series that bounce all over the toc on a week to week basis. I think Candy Flurry will plummet and never recover.

Oct 25, 2017
As much as a series can get a lot of praise it seems like a pretty thankless job and people (maybe not Jump editors) just kind of expect you to toil away endlessly to keep creating their entertainment
I dont think Id agree. Fans send in tons of fanmail + gifts, vote for the author in the polls, post how life changing the story was for them on twitter, buy the manga, show up to the events etc.

I think responding to the fans love and making it the best it can be is why the author is so devoted and apologetic fir taking a break.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to our local Webtoon heads - checked out Wolfman of Wulvershire and it is excellent. Genuinely great stuff. Going to have to brows through the rest of those recs.

Seems sudden then, like something happened in the middle of the work.

Edit: Chain of Tweets followed up:

Just glad that they're taking the time.

And so ended the loudest manga ever. I really enjoyed this one. Having them get together early on and even progress their relationship for many chapters after is really refreshing and awesome. I loved that the manga actually invited *us* to their wedding and thanked us too. Breaking the fourth wall this way was cool.

You could tell it was dropped but thankfully it landed the ending well. We got to see what happened to some of the other characters and we even saw their daughter (who is somehow louder than both!)

I loved this series and I'm sad to see it go, but I think it probably went out on its own terms or close to it. It got dropped once before, iirc, so I think that if it was just getting canned it wouldn't have wrapped things up like this.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Komi-san 307 just came out.

The talk with Hitomi didn't exactly go the way I thought it would lol.

I was expecting that Hitomi finds out about the confession and was the one that pushed him into being more open and confident with his feelings to Komi. It did seem like a hell of a change overnight, but I guess it's fine that it's a natural growth.

Oct 27, 2017
Shout out to our local Webtoon heads - checked out Wolfman of Wulvershire and it is excellent. Genuinely great stuff. Going to have to brows through the rest of those recs.

Just glad that they're taking the time.

I loved this series and I'm sad to see it go, but I think it probably went out on its own terms or close to it. It got dropped once before, iirc, so I think that if it was just getting canned it wouldn't have wrapped things up like this.
It was definitely close. But I think the author did a really good job landing the ending. The little sister and the ripped guy didn't get their arc but this ending gave them an ending that you can imagine so it all ended as well as could be.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Komi-san 307 just came out.

The talk with Hitomi didn't exactly go the way I thought it would lol.

I was expecting that Hitomi finds out about the confession and was the one that pushed him into being more open and confident with his feelings to Komi. It did seem like a hell of a change overnight, but I guess it's fine that it's a natural growth.
The image of her swinging from katai's bicep was hilarious

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Surprised to see Witch Watch still only ranking above the soon-to-be-gone trio. I mean, I guess something has to be down there, but still. Guessing Candy Flurry will fall down there before long.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
UQ Holder 184

Congrats on the sex for the 3rd time

Sex while drifting on the ocean

Sex while floating through space

Sex on every piece of furniture in the apartment

Wonder where Touta will have sex with Eva

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Komi san 306-307
Hitomi is the exact opposite of her brother, she cant read people at all
but the part with her and tadano in katai arms was funny and kind of wholesome

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I hope a break does Gege good and they come back feeling rested and refreshed. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the way they said they don't want to delay getting to the ending makes it seem like JJK has become a stressor and a bit of chore. Almost makes me feel guilty for enjoying it!

It's good to enjoy things and look forward to chapters, and that's fine. It IS problematic, when people online complain about stuff not coming out fast enough (movies, games, manga chapters, etc) and proceed to whine and complain about it being "slow" or whatever. That sort of entitled "everything should be 'on-demand' on MY time" is awful. Those takes sure exist out there, and rather than appreciating the work involved, make it seem like quick, disposable entertainment :/

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's good to enjoy things and look forward to chapters, and that's fine. It IS problematic, when people online complain about stuff not coming out fast enough (movies, games, manga chapters, etc) and proceed to whine and complain about it being "slow" or whatever. That sort of entitled "everything should be 'on-demand' on MY time" is awful. Those takes sure exist out there, and rather than appreciating the work involved, make it seem like quick, disposable entertainment :/

Yeah, I even see it in here from time to time and it's always made me feel squicky knowing how so many authors break their bodies to keep their manga coming out at the rate they do.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I even see it in here from time to time and it's always made me feel squicky knowing how so many authors break their bodies to keep their manga coming out at the rate they do.

There's tons of chapters that come out that are mainly action-oriented with little dialog, and they are super quick to flip through, but I sit there in awe. Like, just that sheer amount of detail... done in a week? It seems like "only 19 pages" but I remember my drawing days, and getting all that detail done in that time frame is no joke, even with assistants.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's tons of chapters that come out that are mainly action-oriented with little dialog, and they are super quick to flip through, but I sit there in awe. Like, just that sheer amount of detail... done in a week? It seems like "only 19 pages" but I remember my drawing days, and getting all that detail done in that time frame is no joke, even with assistants.

Yep. And then you get to stuff like manwha where for many of them all the chapters come out in color too, it's insane to me. Seems unsustainable as well but the gravy train keeps going.

Oct 25, 2017
I've found that type of thinking is usually from people who dont necessarily know the process of how content is made or unaware of the issues the authors complain/bring up in their comnents weekly or in afterwards. (people not knowing togashi or ashihara were in pain)

(though people did complaim when oda's taking breaks but going to amusement parks, wrestling events, etc...)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I've found that type of thinking is usually from people who dont necessarily know the process of how content is made or unaware of the issues the authors complain/bring up in their comnents weekly or in afterwards. (people not knowing togashi or ashihara were in pain)

(though people did complaim when oda's taking breaks but going to amusement parks, wrestling events, etc...)

How awful for making the fans wait, when the artist from the world's most popular manga wants to take a vacation >_>

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017

I wish we got more development for the little sister/big cook guy couple.
I really love how this author draws expressions, so I wish them luck on their next series.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish we got more development for the little sister/big cook guy couple.
I really love how this author draws expressions, so I wish them luck on their next series.
Yeah they are really good at drawing the characters.
It is a really unique looking series and very expressive. It is a shame it didn't do as well as it should but oh well. Hopefully the next one does better.

I kinda hope we get a sequel to this one. Or a manga in the same universe with a different main character that runs into the characters from this series. This could let them finish some of the loose ends like the little sister and the big guy arc (maybe introduce them as side characters and have a couple of chapters where they reminisce on their relationship).

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Damn, never saw a thing about UQ Holder.

Things sure have changed since the days of Negima.

On screen sex in a shonen series is rare

Harem series having the mc actually hook up with several members of the harem is rare

To get both of these and not have it happen during the final chapter or off screen is crazy.