• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

This is a game in which you're a shark exploring different biomes and graphically consume everything and everyone, especially human beings. This video shows off the game's dark humor (such as comedic commentary parodying National geographic) and some of the exaggerated grizzly violence you can inflict upon your victims. There are also RPG elements in the form of evolutionary upgrades that you can use to enhance your shark in various ways and other apex predators to contend with.

Jaws Unleashed was a pretty crappy game, but I won't lie, I enjoyed the hell out of it back in the day. Chomping up humans was my guilty pleasure and I especially enjoyed dragging victims, still trashing in my shark's jaws and launching them as bloody projectiles. I'm pretty happy that you can do this here as well.

So yeah, Jaws Unleashed, but with actual polish? I actually want that.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Does anything hunt you in this game? I'm very interested in this game but ocean stuff tends to freak me out.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Yeah I can't believe we're getting this and not a proper Ecco Dotf sequel with music by Tim Follin.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
This looks really cool. I was thinking about getting one of the DLC maps for Goat Simulator, but maybe I'll wait for this. Looks like it would scratch the same sort of itch.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Humans.

Also various hostile wildlife can be encountered and you supposedly start as a "baby shark" (oh no that song is coming back into my head!!! noooo) at some point.

hmm I will have to watch some more videos and decide if I can deal with it. Guess I need to see some footage of the kind of wildlife that exists

OP
OP
Sander VF

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
hmm I will have to watch some more videos and decide if I can deal with it. Guess I need to see some footage of the kind of wildlife that exists
In the last video I posted you can see the player being attacked by a much larger shark as well see some screens of what i assume are boss-like unique enemy animals, including a huge Sperm Whale clearly inspired by Moby Dick.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
In the last video I posted you can see the player being attacked by a much larger shark as well see some screens of what i assume are boss-like unique enemy animals, including a huge Sperm Whale clearly inspired by Moby Dick.

thanks. I'll watch it but it sounds like it might be a bit much for me