• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If I make a hundred predictions on Twitter and then delete the 99 that don't pan out, I'm still a leaker, right?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I was gonna say Crash isn't big enough to get into Smash, especially in Japan, but then I learned he had a manga. Maybe it's not impossible.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'd love Crash being in, this is most likely nothing.
Yup, even though I now have more faith in it happening due to the selection already being decided on. The last several months just proven that Smash "leakers" aren't all that trustworthy than ever, I think they're just conveniently deleting posts that don't match up with what is about to happen and whatnot.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, Byleth was one of the most requested characters from JP players, back in September.
12_chart01.jpg
I love fanfiction~

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is fake. I like Crash, but I don't want them using a character slot on him. If they really have to do more third party characters, I'd prefer something else. I say that full well knowing Sakurai and the team would design an incredibly fun character to play out of Crash.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say Crash isn't big enough to get into Smash, especially in Japan, but then I learned he had a manga. Maybe it's not impossible.

I mean, Crash is a popular multi-million selling IP that was actually successful with million sellers in Japan back in the PS1 era. He's bigger than a lot of franchises with playable characters in Smash Bros.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I want more weird picks like these. I've considered the prince for a while. He'd be odd. Since Mr. Driller is likely getting a kinda remake on Switch, he'd me more likely than Jill for a driller pick.

I don't think I'm interested in Chell, but I'm down with your other picks besides the last two.

I don't really know who I want anymore. I wanted Kiryu or Kunio, and then I'm happy with the rest being weird picks I'd never expect. I would love someone from Guilty Gear, but that's unlikely. I really wanted Edelgard for an axe rep, but that dream is dead. I don't think I really want someone from Tekken, because it'd just be Jin or Heihachi, which I'm not too interested in... Yeah. Not really sure who I want that bad that's possible, besides Kiryu (who I recognize is unlikely). Sora and Dante would be cool, but I won't be too hurt if they don't make it. Travis Touchdown is maybe the one I want most next to Kiryu. I wanna believe with NMH3 this year, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they don't put him in.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I want more weird picks like these. I've considered the prince for a while. He'd be odd. Since Mr. Driller is likely getting a kinda remake on Switch, he'd me more likely than Jill for a driller pick.

I don't think I'm interested in Chell, but I'm down with your other picks besides the last two.

I don't really know who I want anymore. I wanted Kiryu or Kunio, and then I'm happy with the rest being weird picks I'd never expect. I would love someone from Guilty Gear, but that's unlikely. I really wanted Edelgard for an axe rep, but that dream is dead. I don't think I really want someone from Tekken, because it'd just be Jin or Heihachi, which I'm not too interested in... Yeah. Not really sure who I want that bad that's possible, besides Kiryu (who I recognize is unlikely). Sora and Dante would be cool, but I won't be too hurt if they don't make it. Travis Touchdown is maybe the one I want most next to Kiryu. I wanna believe with NMH3 this year, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they don't put him in.

Yeah I feel like Travis is pretty likely in all honesty, and I do think Kiryu will happen! Not too fussed about Sora and Dante but I'd be happy with them for the variety. I want characters with unique mechanics honestly, Chell is only there because I'd love to see the Portal Gun implemented.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, because there are so many Yakuza titles in Nintendo platforms...

Eh, it has two of the main entries, although it didn't make it out of Japan because Wii U. That's a better state than joker or cloud were when they got added.
(And project X zone 2 has both Kiryu and Majima if we're counting playable roles in smaller titles)
I'd also be shocked if some of them weren't ported to switch eventually. Might not get the dragon engine games, but I could see zero and kiwami 1.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I could see Crash making it in (should be Spyro though)--but yeah, I wouldn't put any stock in any leaker, even the verified ones here.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Yeah I feel like Travis is pretty likely in all honesty, and I do think Kiryu will happen! Not too fussed about Sora and Dante but I'd be happy with them for the variety. I want characters with unique mechanics honestly, Chell is only there because I'd love to see the Portal Gun implemented.
I've decided. Give me Travis and Kiryu and then female characters for the rest. I'd totally be down for Chell, but she seems like an odd fit.
I could've predicted Byleth in Smash when Three Houses was announced.
But after it released, given the popularity of Edelgard and... really anyone else, Byleth now seems like an odd choice to me. Yeah, lead character... but a pretty lame choice given the options. I just wanted an axe user! :(

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Sora would never be top US pick and EU. Image is likely doctored.

Oh it's fake lol it's the same 1 posted on the speculation thread should have known.

Fake or not, Sora being at the top is not a stretch by any means. I bet he did extremely well in the ballot and would do even better now that a bunch of the highly requested characters are already in.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Crash seems like a really good choice if they announce a new Crash game at E3 which seems likely. I was really hoping for Spyro obviously but...I'll take Crash.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I put any stock in this "leaker", but lol at the people saying Byleth was a safe pick for FP5. Yeah, everyone saw Persona, Dragon Quest, Fatal Fury, and freaking Banjo-Kazooie characters in the pass and thought "an eighth Fire Emblem character is obviously the ultra-secretive character they're closing out with".

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Not that I put any stock in this "leaker", but lol at the people saying Byleth was a safe pick for FP5. Yeah, everyone saw Persona, Dragon Quest, Fatal Fury, and freaking Banjo-Kazooie characters in the pass and thought "an eighth Fire Emblem character is obviously the ultra-secretive character they're closing out with".
Weren't there people fully betting on Dante to close off the fighter pass?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Crash makes too much sense. Its an Activision property with ties to Playstation without the need to shake hands with Sony. The dude has been on Nintendo systems since GBA/GCN, hell he has been on more Switch games than Joker ;)

Rayman is another one I'm surprised hasn't happened yet.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

While I suppose it wasn't obvious that Byleth would be part of Wave 1, Sakurai's predilection for Fire Emblem, and the absence of a Three Houses spirit board event, while so many other games were getting promo-events made it clear it would happen at some point. And out of the Three Houses characters, Byleth made the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.