• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
All I can say is I miss Eckstein. Dawson did fine but Ashley is Ahsoka for me, so I hope there will be animated shows in the future for her to come back.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
txl7msw50r161.jpg
giphy.gif

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Good episode. Was I the only person more surprised by the HK-87 droid name drop? Is this the first mention of the HK series in cannon? Are we going to get Old Republic stuff from new star wars?

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
www.cheatsheet.com

Lucasfilm Could Be Prepping Dave Filoni to Be the Kevin Feige of 'Star Wars'

Dave Filoni has been working with Lucasfilm for years. But he'd be the perfect choice to oversee the 'Star Wars' saga's long-term creative vision.

I hope Disney goes this route. Filloni would be a great architect for the franchise going forward. The new trilogy was such a hot mess because there wasn't clear direction and they let too many chefs in the kitchen. Left us with a disjointed unsatisfying ending.

This would be amazing. Filloni is an excellent architect and could probably get people excited about Star Wars movies again.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
After seeing this I will push forward with Rebels and finally maybe even Clone Wars.
Really liked her and loved the Thrawn mention .

Btw did Filloni ever say anything about other Legends characters? I want Mara Jade back.

Hell, give me Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, Talon Karrde... all of them but new

Oct 25, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

Rosario Dawson and her family sued over alleged transphobic assault

The actor and girlfriend of presidential candidate Cory Booker allegedly attacked a transgender employee in Los Angeles, the lawsuit claims.

I'll just drop this here, I learned about it not long ago from another thread.
You drop this without beforehand making the slightest inquiry into how it eventually turned out?
I'll just drop this here too:
www.resetera.com

Plaintiff withdraws 18 of the 20 accusations against Rosario Dawson in transphobic harrassment lawsuit News

More at: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/11/gina-carano-fan-backlash-transgender-parler-cara-dune-mandalorian-rosario-dawson Cast me in Mando S3 if old

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Grand Admiral Thrawn was the best things that the expanded universe of old had. Fuck, now I just want a Timothy Zahn trilogy with masses of money behind it.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
I'll stand by a victim of abuse, transphobia no matter how many accusations gets dropped in a court of law, we are not in one also.
This is a very rich person with social power as well vs a trans man who works as a handyman? you think it's even at the start? could he even afford to go to the hospital to record injuries immediately after the physical abuse? can he afford to drag this out in courts for years? like come one people.
This person relied on this family for work and his living situation as these things happen? do you think it's easy to destroy all of that safety?

Believe victims of abuse and bigotry, it's not that hard? Like be honest if you just don't care that is better then hiding behind all of this.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll stand by a victim of abuse, transphobia no matter how many accusations gets dropped in a court of law, we are not in one also.
This is a very rich person with social power as well vs a trans man who works as a handyman? you think it's even at the start? could he even afford to go to the hospital to record injuries immediately after the physical abuse? can he afford to drag this out in courts for years? like come one people.
This person relied on this family for work and his living situation as these things happen? do you think it's easy to destroy all of that safety?

Believe victims of abuse and bigotry, it's not that hard? Like be honest if you just don't care that is better then hiding behind all of this.

But these cases are to find out if he was actually a victim of abuse. You state "I'll stand by a victim of abuse, transphobia". Yeah well...so do I but personally I would like some sort of proof.
Believing persons claiming to be abused does not equal assuming the accused is guilty instantly. And that is exactly what you are doing.

"He is a victim of abuse and transphobia, and if the cases are dropped it is about money not about weak cases and if you are someone who wants to wait to see what happens then 'be honest and say you don't care'."

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
-You posted an outdated article, implicitly with the intent of making the legal accusations against Dawson seem like an ongoing
- People fact check you
- You then extrapolate that to people hand waving transphobia away

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Ashoka is 400% better written than Rey

Dont @ me

This is not controversial.

Ashoka is better written than every lead in the mainstream franchise.

In all fairness though, Ashoka comes from a format with literally dozens of hours of content across multiple shows. Unless she was bungled spectacularly, she would have to be.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
Good episode. Was I the only person more surprised by the HK-87 droid name drop? Is this the first mention of the HK series in cannon? Are we going to get Old Republic stuff from new star wars?

KOTOR is *this* close to being canon. It's one of the only pre-Disney EU entries they still make toys of, and there have been some tenuous references in the cartoons. I believe the Dantooine Jedi Temple from the game appears in an episode of The Resistance cartoon.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
So why the need to still participate in these kind of topics? I don't like CoD games. But I don't go into a thread about CoD to say it sucks and then explain I haven;t played the last two iterations.

You're right. Sorry for stomping on your parade. I l'm just genuinely disappointed Mando did absolutely nothing for me and so I voice it in a very displeased manner.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I swear, some of these viewers would say The Man With No Name is a poorly written character.

It is actually legit criticism to point out Mando is a nothing character with limited agency constantly being pulled into other people's shit.

It does not take from the fun of the series, and I disagree that 'the show sucks' because of it, but the things the writers are able to do with the show are limited by how they have written the protagonist thus far.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
It is actually legit criticism to point out Mando is a nothing character with limited agency constantly being pulled into other people's shit.

It does not take from the fun of the series, and I disagree that 'the show sucks' because of it, but the things the writers are able to do with the show are limited by how they have written the protagonist thus far.

I think these kind of takes act like every show needs to be Breaking Bad. Mando is written as a specific archetypal character intentionally, and that's ok. Just because you recognize a trope or archetype doesn't make it bad.

Yes, it creates limitations, but every kind of creative choice creates limitations, and often those limitations can promote a different kind of creativity in their own right.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
And Mando continues to have no identity of his own, just existing to reference literally anything remotely more interesting than a tin can with a voice box.

I say this while still enjoying the show because so much around him is very good, this is 100% spot on. Why they even cast Pedro has him… It's such a waste.

And if people want to reference successful "one note" mysterious characters like Clint Eastwood's the man with no name… At least you could see his face and Clint acted the shit out of that one note

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I think these kind of takes act like every show needs to be Breaking Bad. Mando is written as a specific archetypal character intentionally, and that's ok. Just because you recognize a trope or archetype doesn't make it bad.

Yes, it creates limitations, but every kind of creative choice creates limitations, and often those limitations can promote a different kind of creativity in their own right.

Right, I agree. That is why I say the criticism is valid but does not necessarily mean that show is bad. Just limited in the depth of its characters and what it can explore with them.

I am of the opinion that the longer the show goes on, the more potentially problematic this approach may be. But I definitely see the writers actually putting in more work to Mando both to freshen things up and probably due to pressure from Pascal as I imagine as an actor he may want a little more to do.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
okay I like Mando's character more than others but comparing to him to the man with no name is absurd