• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how iconic he is that's crazy

Not even in the extended universe?
Think so, yeah. It's one of the creative edicts for Star Wars: Yoda's species is a mystery!

hqdefault.jpg

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
BSmQ0Fxl.png

I4aQroEl.jpg

CeDgnWr.jpg

Fxd9RBhl.jpg

Took me way too long to understand that last one. There's supposed to be an apostrophe in stands

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
So, there was totally a meeting with the producers and someone said "the audience is too stupid to understand it's a tiny yoda if it just looks like a tiny yoda. Put it in some tiny yoda robes too", right?

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
I love how effortlessly this little guy stole my. Normally I would expect a company like Disney to be trying to shove how cute it was down our throat. Plastering it all over the advertising etc. It was nice to be just presented with a character and allowing the audience to naturally make up its mind.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That little fucker Swallowed a living creature whole, killed it presumably by digesting it, enabled a religious zealot killer, then murdered an endangered literal unicorn animal and fed its baby to thieving extorting Jawas who spilled as much as they ate - and then the monstrous fucker took a nap.

a nap!

most evil thing in the Star Wars universe

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
That little fucker Swallowed a living creature whole, killed it presumably by digesting it, enabled a religious zealot killer, then murdered an endangered literal unicorn animal and fed its baby to thieving extorting Jawas who spilled as much as they ate - and then the monstrous fucker took a nap.

a nap!

most evil thing in the Star Wars universe
Future Sith Lord in the making.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really understand how it's still so baby like even when it's 50 years old. Even if yoda species lives to like 400 years that doesn't make sense. Like it should be able to talk and such.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
They're gonna have to name this species if they want to sell the little guy to us in Galaxy's Edge

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
still doesn't make sense as that would equate to like a human 5 year old. Not an infant. But yeah whatever it's Star Wars.
He can walk, eat solid (living) food, and use the force. I don't think he's an infant.

Different species, maybe they develop speech differently. Talk so well, Yoda never did.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
At this point I had pretty much cancelled Mando.
10 minutes later Mando was my frikken Hero.
gwaqi20.gif

The little bastard cried for him and he still accepted the money?
MANDO NO!!!!!

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
At this point I had pretty much cancelled Mando.
10 minutes later Mando was my frikken Hero.
gwaqi20.gif

The little bastard cried for him and he still accepted the money?
MANDO NO!!!!!

Haha, I had the exact same reaction. I knew things would work out...but when Baby Yoda cried out like that I was heart broken and thought....Mando you greedy cunt.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"Baby Yoda" is the reason my wife will watch this show with me and for that, I am grateful

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
So, there was totally a meeting with the producers and someone said "the audience is too stupid to understand it's a tiny yoda if it just looks like a tiny yoda. Put it in some tiny yoda robes too", right?

It's not that he's wearing baby versions of Yoda's clothes, it's more that Yoda still dresses like a baby.