• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg
Manchester Orchestra has released the follow up to the critically acclaimed Black Mile to the Surface.

listened twice this morning and I'm blown away. They've evolved so much since starting out as an emo band in the early 2000s. Just incredible output and they keep getting better and better.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OH YEAH. Thank you for the reminder. Bed Head took a few listens to grow on me but it bangs, can't wait to give this a listen.

Deleted member 4179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fuck all those talentless emo bands, we should delete every second of music they've recorded off the face of the fucking Earth

thelooseteeth

Mar 8, 2019
Million masks of god is taken from a G.K. Chesterton poem, I believe. "Now a great thing in the street seems every human nod, where move in strange democracy the million masks of God." Or something like that.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how do you listen to music now

i'm gonna have to ask for someone's spotify password aren't i

how can i miss the past so much when i know i was miserable then

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
Manchester Orchestra is one of my all time favorites, Andy is such a great lyricist. I'm counting the hours to listen to this when I get home.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far I'm kinda meh on this, but I'll give it some more listens over the weekend. I feel like I need a little more edge to their sound.

OP
OP
gnarlyxcharlie
Oct 29, 2017
So far I'm kinda meh on this, but I'll give it some more listens over the weekend. I feel like I need a little more edge to their sound.
Seems to continue in the same vain as Black Mile which is my favorite output of theirs so I'm loving it. Will always have a place for the early stuff tho.

Great, incredibly consistent band.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg
Manchester Orchestra has released the follow up to the critically acclaimed Black Mile to the Surface.

listened twice this morning and I'm blown away. They've evolved so much since starting out as an emo band in the early 2000s. Just incredible output and they keep getting better and better.

I haven't listened to them in forever, are they not considered emo anymore?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Saw these guys open for Thrice on four different occasions, pretty sure I saw them open for Circa Survive once as well.

Every time I see them I think "oh yeah, these guys are really good, I need to listen to their albums" but never follow-up.

Thanks for the reminder, OP!!

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Fuck yes. I almost forgot this was out today, but I think I'm going to dig into this in the next hour or so. Black Mile is one of my favorite records of the past... man, probably decade?

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw these guys open for Thrice on four different occasions, pretty sure I saw them open for Circa Survive once as well.

Every time I see them I think "oh yeah, these guys are really good, I need to listen to their albums" but never follow-up.

Thanks for the reminder, OP!!

Mean Everything To Nothing is basically a perfect album front to back so uhhhh get on that.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
I liked parts of it, but never hit the highs that their previous two did for me. Perhaps after another few listens however.

Jack Bauer

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
I don't think any of their songs will ever top Colly Strings for me but I'm definitely in for a listen.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
This was my first time ever listening to one of their albums...damn it's pretty good. Should probably listen to some of their previous albums only ever really heard songs before

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
This was pretty great on first listen, but it's definitely going to take more, I feel. It doesn't have quite the immediacy of Black Mile for me (which is obviously its best point of comparison), but there are some strong moments on there.