• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good for this dude. It may be the absolute minimum he could do, but in general the overwhelming majority of people will refuse to even do that -- hell, I bet half of them will double down when pressed.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The harm has been done: he is one of the cogs which may have lead and will lead to the deaths of many people.

His apology is a good sign, but i) it can be a PR move to remain employable, and ii) it is irrelevant unless his actions prove that he has learnt from his experience.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a typical white straight privileged douche bag... just seems like he realized this is going to haunt him for any professional prospects in the future. I don't know if his apology is sincere but hopefully he's learned something.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Media shouldn't have signal boosted and harassed a visibly intoxicated young man.

kids are stupid and do and say stupid stuff.

the kid apologized because he got caught fucking up. That's why the vast majority of people apologize.

his apology contained reasonable wording and a couple of the passive aggressive cliches "if you were offended" but as others have noted he's a private citizen not a politician or celebrity or educator.

the media did in fact take footage of inebriated young people and amplify it for profit not for public education. Stocks and rotten tomatoes in the village square.

he is what he is but we could do this kind of character assassination (or suicide) by pointing a news camera at any American college kid.

it's also a sad unintended consequence of strict US alcohol laws which is the infantilism of 20 year olds and increased binge drinking. Many other nations get that shit out of their system at 18. Not that it's a magic cure either but it's a different dynamic.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
That's good. Least he seems to understand that he did was wrong. Unlike many of the nameless and faceless people out there right now doing exactly what he did who you will never hear about.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Once again I'm thankful that social media wasn't a thing when I was his age. I'm not sure if I would have done much better being that drunk on Spring Break with the ignorance of someone in their early 20s.

So yes I do believe he can change for the better.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Was everyone ridiculed and attacked or was it only him because they stuck a camera in plenty of peoples faces and they all said something stupid. Just being down there and celebrating spring break is stupid.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Why do they always use the statement: "I apologize to any I've offended"

I fucking hate that generic statement.
To be fair, it's slightly better than usual. At least it wasn't "I apologize to any I MIGHT have offended" or "I apologize to those that TOOK offense" At least this owns up to the fact that he definitely offended people and it's on him and not the person(s) being offended.

Still generic as hell, but at least it's not low-key victim-blaming at the same time.

Mar 29, 2018
02Ub1MXWum3Ig2U8Xe-p-6F126y5AJxO6gnoxkH9aRs.jpg
Fucking precisely

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I want that super power where I can know exactly what people are thinking.

Its not that deep.... he saw how people viewed him and thought "Don't want that, better apologize.... and keep some attention on me too in all this."

Well ok, to each their own. I don't expect random college kids to donate time and money anytime they make a mistake. Plenty of people, even on Resetera, have changed their tone on this virus once they realized how serious it was. Maybe he did the same. Tough crowd here for sure.

This is an adult dismissing a pandemic that could very well become an epidemic. People much younger have done bigger gestures in their community to show they actually care about issues of all kinds.

Actions speak louder than words, and you can throw his Twitterstagram apology in the non-celebrity trash bin right next to the celebrity one that we get by the bulk load every few weeks.

I would understand if he had a loved one get the COVID-19 virus and really shook him, but he is just apologizing for himself and not for anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It never ceases to amaze how they are hundreds of millions of people that think and say things just like this guy about the virus, but since he got a film crew to film him while intoxicated, he is public enemy number 1 and everyone has to bombard him to try and ruin his life. Glad he apologized and hopefully this puts it to rest.
Definitely starting to see an, "if they die, they die" undercurrent from young sports fans who want more sports.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It never ceases to amaze how they are hundreds of millions of people that think and say things just like this guy about the virus, but since he got a film crew to film him while intoxicated, he is public enemy number 1 and everyone has to bombard him to try and ruin his life. Glad he apologized and hopefully this puts it to rest.

Pretty much this. Dumb kid caught being dumb on camera - why be mad beyond that? Has plenty of years to grow.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Youth is wasted on the young, and I don't hold anything against this kid for having a dumb hot take in the moment. I'm glad he's apologized, for him.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Well, at least he didn't lick public toilets like the other peeps doing the corona challenge.

coronavirus-challenge-tiktok-toilet-seat-licking-759.jpg

Btw one dude who ended up licking a toilet doing the corona challenge is now in the hospital with it.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the original thread earlier, but I get it — new thread for new news. This is huge. Thank you Brady, very cool!

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
It takes a big man to apologize for what they have done and the reprecussions of their words.
Today, you are that big man Brady.

Spring Break Bro Brady: 1

President of the United States of America Drumf: -3

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't care about his comment or his apology. It's kind of weird he was getting harassed so badly he had to come out and apologize for making a dumb comment in a passing moment. Especially considering there are folks out there licking disgusting shit for challenges.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Young people learning from their mistakes - it's good. Hopefully more of these folks just listen to experts in the first place.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If if I was wasted and someone stuck me in front of a mic and camera I'd probably say something just as dumb. So whatever.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty good apology, it has hints of self-reflection and doesnt try to downplay his stupidity in that interview. Glad that someone was able to talk some sense into him, seems like a pretty typical dumb kid moment where he was oblivious to how much this affects everyone else in the world besides him

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

People are idiots and do idiotic things, he just happened to be caught saying and doing something stupid on camera and it got amplified globally.

Let's hope the whole experience is something he can learn from going forward.