• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
i refuse to believe that anyone who had the ability to delegate anything hasnt heard the urgent/important table a million times over. i refuse. none of this shit is a secret to anything. why do these people always want to be motivational speakers and come off as cult leaders

It's survivorship bias at it's finest.

So, the key is to not have any real life responsibilities in order to focus on school and work.
Pretty much.

Oct 30, 2017
This dude sounds like a pretentious jackass. Kudos to the wife for being the real MVP. This dude wouldn't be a fucking CEO if he actually had been involved with his children.

That's why you have a bad relationship with them, Tobi. Stop trying to use the scientific method to raise your kids.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I've never understood people who 's job is CEO but all they do is hock their leadership and motivational stuff about how they run businesses. Like shouldn't they be busy running their business? There's something about it that reminds me of a pyramid scheme.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood people who 's job is CEO but all they do is hock their leadership and motivational stuff about how they run businesses. Like shouldn't they be busy running their business. There's something about it that reminds me of a pyramid scheme.

Networking and branding. They aren't lifers at the current company. They are working towards their next job.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
This is absolutely the type of guy who writes those "secrets to success in life" books you find in the bargain bin a few months after release.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder what the board of his nonprofit will have to say now that this is blowing up? It's not going to be good for fundraising.

He should be using Twitter to advocate for the community his charity is supposed to serve. That's what most people with his position do. Instead, he's turned it into some dumb side hustle.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
This dude is corny but I hope he doesn't get mobbed and have to lock his account. I want to be able to see the next time he tries to pull this goofy self-help shit only to backtrack and apologize for not mentioning how hard his wife works to keep his life stable.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
aszsxckm.jpg
I have to say, I don't see how dipshits like this don't make more of an effort to chip in. Maybe he should've cleaned the bedroom 4-5 of those 9 times.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
This guy seems like a bit of a knob.

Though I'm sure if he tried this on LinkedIn instead of Twitter, he'd have several thousand people tripping over their own dicks to say how inspirational he is.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Dude's been associated with the non-profit he now runs since like 2008 and worked there for 13 years before becoming CEO lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with non-profits/social care, but it's surprising someone with a PhD in Economics and such a sigma grindset mentality chooses to stick with a non-profit rather than more lucrative avenues.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Answer: Sweet wife with limitless patience and strength to raise 6 kids, possibly giving up her career aspirations so this dork can focus on his career and boast on Twitter about how it's all due to his work ethic.

Lots of pieces of shits like this dude out there.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, so all I need to do is get promoted (something that happens a lot) to a CEO position.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I was reading the comments and apparently hes done this before in another post from March 2022 and even apologized about not crediting his wife similarly. So not only is he fully aware that hes not crediting her, he also is just promoting himself and whatever method or blog he has in his tweets lol. Smh.

Definately sorry I'm sure!

I think a lot of people are overlooking this, this dude did the exact same thing 3 months ago lol

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
6 kids in this day and age is definitely eye borrow raising. And the fact he effectively took credit for it seems like this guy is an ass.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
He seems like an alright person. I am sure you can credit a lot of things to his success, but the way people are jumping down his throat is wild.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
LOL So the answer was as obvious as it seemed when reading the thread title. Apparently not even the first time this has happened before.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was reading the comments and apparently hes done this before in another post from March 2022 and even apologized about not crediting his wife similarly. So not only is he fully aware that hes not crediting her, he also is just promoting himself and whatever method or blog he has in his tweets lol. Smh.

Definately sorry I'm sure!

Not allowing his wife in pictures and refuses to credit his wife until he gets criticised. Just a tool based on that, on top of the typical motivational clickbait bullshit.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Networking and branding. They aren't lifers at the current company. They are working towards their next job.

I get it. But the speculation I always have is are they getting any actual meaningful work done. But I'm a metrics/numbers person.

I also always have this fear of getting Peter Principled, but that's my issue.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How did this person forget his wife again while making the exact same twitter thread again which cause the exact same blowup again

Is this even a real account

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This reminds me of an autobiographical book I read recently where the author went point by point through everything that destroyed his family and killed the ones he loved and then in the very last chapter quietly noted he actually had a long term girlfriend/wife through a good chunk of it and he was not actually wandering England by himself the whole time completely unloved and lost to tragedy.

(Though in that case it boosted the despair in the book which made things hit harder, and it's possible his wife is a private person who didn't want to be brought into it)

LOL So the answer was as obvious as it seemed when reading the thread title. Apparently not even the first time this has happened before.

How many times can you make a Twitter thread where you talk about all your accomplishments without including your wife until you no longer have a wife to include…

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring whatever other issues people are having with this, I hate these types of "success" stories, because they always ignore the fact that not everyone has the exact same life (no, having a bunch of kids or whatever other stuff that may take up time in your life doesn't mean "anyone can do it") and pretend that "equal opportunity" is actually a thing in our society.

I had a professor that prefaced every class syllabus with how he worked full-time when he was getting his degree, so naturally everyone should be able to do the same. At best, this kind of shit comes across as a shitty brag about how successful they are in spite of their "hardships" and at worst it implies that people who don't have this level of success or aren't willing to devote their lives and mental/physical health to the grind are "lazy".

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Man claims good executive functioning helps him function at executing tasks, wow groundbreaking

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
Some rando with not many followers, posts motivating stuff. I read a bunch of his tweets, just general inoffensive stuff. Don't see a grift as if he is promoting Herbalife or some shit. Makes innocuous statement re: his success path. Gets attacked, of course that's what goes viral.

The general negativity and rush of tearing folks down on Twitter etc is... unfortunate. I suppose he brought it on himself by posting this stuff to Twitter at all, but geeze. The ire just doesn't seem deserved?

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some rando with not many followers, posts motivating stuff. I read a bunch of his tweets, just general inoffensive stuff. Don't see a grift as if he is promoting Herbalife or some shit. Makes innocuous statement re: his success path. Gets attacked, of course that's what goes viral.

The general negativity and rush of tearing folks down on Twitter etc is... unfortunate. I suppose he brought it on himself by posting this stuff to Twitter at all, but geeze. The ire just doesn't seem deserved?

Did you miss the part where he did this all 3 months ago too, including the part about leaving out his wife and getting called out for it then?

Morphis

Oct 28, 2017
Self serving bias in full effect. People always overestimate their own contribution to their success.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly these "what's my secret?" things are usually having or coming from money or unconditional support from people that have more time or resources, in this case his wife. Which is fine, but when you actually see what they're "amazing wisdom and insight" is I t's always the same bullshit of the organized, go to sleep early, check your email, eat your veggies, stay positive!

Like yeah, those are all great habits and they do help to build more momentum to get you to where you need to be and keep you in the right mindset, but really what gets you to all of those things is financial means, having a job that allows you to do more studies while working or primarily someone or a family that can help carry the burden. Your support network is far more important than setting alarms on your phone.

That said I don't think he was meaning to be offensive with this, just that same kind of ignorant you see where the behind the scenes people don't get the accolades to the degree they should.
I hate those articles and those "You living life wrong, how i am living my dream" articles. Of course you can live in a tree house if you have a 20 million dollar trust fund and your parents run 5 hedgefunds.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol how does that last sentence align with the rest of the tweet.
Good point. He got married young, had a kid younger than most, got a PhD younger than most, became a "CEO" young.

Also, I kind of hate how people who are CEO of a small organization throw the word around like they're king of the world. If you're the CEO of Microsoft or Apple or GE or something then wow. If you're CEO of an organization with 10 people and you take immense pride in your job title then you seem like a clout chaser to me.

I feel like in general family support doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Almost everyone who gets a PhD owes a huge debt of gratitude for family/friends who are understanding and accommodating in terms of helping out, being understanding that some other things need to be missed, providing mental support, etc...

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
How far removed from reality do you have to be not to see success is mostly being at the right place at the right time..