• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone is expecting the Clippers to get anything more than that. Wilkes is claiming this started in April though.

This is a more a shot to Jerry West's legacy than anything else.

i don't think it is. Tampering is treated like such a joke in the nba most people will probably laugh this off unless a lot more/worse is uncovered.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
I mean Kawhi's uncle demanding shit goes all the way back to his time at the Spurs so I wouldn't be surprised if this dude's story was true.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clippers need to their draft picks taken away from them for the next 10 years. 😂

Mar 3, 2019
I'm still baffled how uncle dennis has so much sway over leonard despite being an obvious guy who has way too much power and meddles in stuff like this with kickbacks. Leonard must be seriously sheltered/easily swayed to not have any agency over his own destiny

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
This snippet was probably a teaser to try to force a settlement.

Wilkes has the real Snyder cut.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Clippers should've been moved to Seattle, but these second fiddle LA teams always stick around and are successful financially despite no one liking them.

Yeeeeeeeeeer

Oct 25, 2017
west coast
As a Raptors/Lakers fan fuck the Clippers. Fuck Paul George. Fuck Kawhi. I hope they lose bare draft picks
U can't be a fan of both raptors and lakers who happen to be 2018-19 and 2019-20 champs and expect to be taken seriously

A true raptors fan would never follow lebron around considering how he owns the collective souls of raptor fans over many years of heartbreak when he was in the east

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol this is a non-story. all major nba teams tamper. if adam silver took tampering seriously he wouldve taken a hard look at klutch

Hush-hush agreements kind of hinge on the "hush" part of the deal. Systematic skirting of the rules is one thing, but the number one rule in these cases is Don't Get Caught, because no one will be there to help you or make excuses for you if you do.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Kawhi's uncle is always in on some shit. It's been rumored he was a big part of why Kawhi refused to talk to the spurs staff while he was injured.

Ju6cpkX.png

Haha Uncle Dennis strikes again!

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
U can't be a fan of both raptors and lakers who happen to be 2018-19 and 2019-20 champs and expect to be taken seriously

A true raptors fan would never follow lebron around considering how he owns the collective souls of raptor fans over many years of heartbreak when he was in the east

Born and raised in Toronto been a Raptors fan since 95 spent half my childhood in Los Angeles growing up a Lakers fan. LeBron? I've been a fan since Shaq/Nick/Eddie/Kobe but nice try.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Was Anthony Davis available during this time? Why did Team Kawhi lobby so hard for PG?

AD was headed to the Lakers to play with LeBron and Team Klutch. Kawhi wanted to play with another star. Reports are that Kawhi/his team reached out to KD and Jimmy Butler first to join him in LA (they were both free agents) but neither were interested.

Yeeeeeeeeeer

Oct 25, 2017
west coast
AD was headed to the Lakers to play with LeBron and Team Klutch. Kawhi wanted to play with another star. Reports are that Kawhi/his team reached out to KD and Jimmy Butler first to join him in LA (they were both free agents) but neither were interested.
Jimmy butler wanted to be the top dog and kd said he was blindsided (but flattered) by the late call. He definitely would've considered if kawhi reached out sooner

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I find it hilarious that one of the greatest Lakers called his old team a shitshow lol.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Tbf they were pretty much a shitshow in 2018. Thing is idk why Jerry would keep saying that when they acquired AD.

Because he works for the Clippers and is trying to get a major free agent to sign with them. Its not like he was saying this publicly. These teams/GMs probably all talk shit about each other behind the scenes to get a player to sign with them. I don't blame him at all.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Because he works for the Clippers and is trying to get a major free agent to sign with them. Its not like he was saying this publicly. These teams/GMs probably all talk shit about each other behind the scenes to get a player to sign with them. I don't blame him at all.
Yeah. I know he's just blowing smoke up the guy's ass. Just funny hearing it.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's also worth noting that the reason this guy didn't come forward wasn't out of some sense of duty or moral imperative, he came forward cause he didn't get paid.

It's just such a silly unforced error for people with millions of dollars to make, especially since this guy ended up having the receipts.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Can't believe they're trying to get out of paying this man. Good on him for burning the whole thing down

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
omg that voicemail

lmaoooo

Why would you deny it so hard when you know you left such easy evidence behind. Goddamnit Jerry!

WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE BETRAYALTONS

The voicemail itself obviously clearly indicates they were working with this guy, but it doesn't state he was promised any money, and I think the fact that the voicemail occurred after free agency began, when there is no tampering and they are free to speak to any free agents or representatives of free agents they please, probably gives them enough plausible deniability to A) fight this guys claims and B) avoid any sort of serious action from the NBA. Look, we all know they tampered, every team does, but its ultimately up to what you can prove, and unless this guy has proof of communications that occurred between him and Clippers officials while Kawhi was still a member of the Raptors I don't think its that damning.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
omg that voicemail

lmaoooo

Why would you deny it so hard when you know you left such easy evidence behind. Goddamnit Jerry!

WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE BETRAYALTONS
Jerry never watched The Sopranos. Tsk Tsk. Never leave a voicemail. Never take a call. This is what restaurants are for lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Kawhi Leonard and shady dealings, name a more iconic duo.

Audio recordings and The Clippers
;)

The voicemail itself obviously clearly indicates they were working with this guy, but it doesn't state he was promised any money, and I think the fact that the voicemail occurred after free agency began, when there is no tampering and they are free to speak to any free agents or representatives of free agents they please, probably gives them enough plausible deniability to A) fight this guys claims and B) avoid any sort of serious action from the NBA. Look, we all know they tampered, every team does, but its ultimately up to what you can prove, and unless this guy has proof of communications that occurred between him and Clippers officials while Kawhi was still a member of the Raptors I don't think its that damning.

Gotcha. Good points. Yeah its definitely not hard evidence for the money side. I wonder if he has more though otherwise it is barely a case

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ninjascooter, ESQ