• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the locals in the comments;

The guy was asked to move, he apologized and moved down the block.
The owner followed him and sprayed him anyway
Local news measured it and they were over 30 ft from the door (law is 25 ft)
Owner is currently under investigation by the police

I hope the smoker sues the F out of them and he loses his business. People like that don't deserve to be in charge of stuff.

Won't stop some users in here from claiming what the smoker was doing was illegal. ERA apparently has no sympathy for addicts.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's fucked up. Guy was even smoking outside so who really cares. (I know that it was apparently still against the law but that hardly requires drastic measures)

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Smokers that purposely smoke around other people to be asses are just as bad as anti-vaxxers in my opinion. Doesn't make this right, but I can't garner a ton of sympathy either way.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Thank you for this.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh, so the guy moved down the street when he was asked to and the owner followed him and sprayed him anyway? My initial read was the two guys peacocking and playing a game of machismo chicken about who would move first, but it seems like the owner is extra crazy.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wish people would climb off the ledge. There's so much of this panic action these days. You can see in his body language he instantly knows he fucked up. People are so on edge these days they're doing stupid shit like this and it's unnecessary. Take a step back, take a breath, don't do something like this.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Smokers that purposely smoke around other people to be asses are just as bad as anti-vaxxers in my opinion. Doesn't make this right, but I can't garner a ton of sympathy either way.

Going by the locals in the comments;

The guy was asked to move, he apologized and moved down the block.
The owner followed him and sprayed him anyway
Local news measured it and they were over 30 ft from the door (law is 25 ft)
Owner is currently under investigation by the police

I hope the smoker sues the F out of them and he loses his business. People like that don't deserve to be in charge of stuff.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
#TeamFireExtinguisher

second hand smoke causes cancer, lung disease and asthma

move to Europe if you want to smoke

*edit
okay okay, I exaggerated a little bit.
Fire extinguishers are dangerous.

2nd hand smoke is not cool for non-smokers

Last edited:

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In the Facebook post, Jamison wrote that he and his business partner started the company to "promote the message of non-violence towards all beings," and he noted his actions "starkly contradicted that."

What a fucking idiot. He got what he deserved.

We all know he still gonna pocket money from his business so I hope the smoking guy sues the shit out of him.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Fuck me, you're bringing race into this? lol

They're both in the wrong, most reasonable people would be on their way without issue if both acted responsibly. Second hand smoke isn't just an annoyance, it's a health hazard hence why these laws are in place which are actually severely lacking in the US compared to many countries.

Who cares if he spoke to security? Security weren't out there with a tape measure or to witness the incident.

Absolutely not. The person shooting another person with a Fire extinguisher is in the 100% wrong.

The other person asked security. They Ok'd it. Thats more than 99% of smokers actually do, least we forget.

The other person sprayed a man with a fire extinguisher. Had no measuring tape, or authority over the security guard. The law says 25 feet. They could have spoken to security, and the police to solve the matter.

And I said hes a white guy, meaning police would be there in a fucking heart beat. As is proven by systemic racism/abuse in the united states.

edit:

Even he admits it.

The End.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
#TeamFireExtinguisher

second hand smoke causes cancer, lung disease and asthma

move to Europe if you want to smoke
Ah yes, something we can all agree upon, it's better to possibly maim someone for life then to inhale trace amounts of smoke. Clearly the appropriate response

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
The guy literally took responsibility and said he shouldn't have done it and you still got people in this thread siding with him.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping Mr Extinguisher gets sued and has to close up shop. Beyond an overreaction.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Read the guy's apology on facebook. First half was apology, second half was borderline sorry not sorry. Apparently he took grave offense to the smoker's "smugness" about the situation.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Do you drive a car? Take trips in an airplane? Eat beef? All bad for the air and our planet, therefore you deserve to be assaulted.

Lay off dude, obviously anyone posting like this is a symbol of perfection. They are someone to look up to and aspire to become. They haven't ever done any wrong, never polluted, nothing. Just pure perfection.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
wow hopefully he gets charged for assault. I mean its on tape, and they both white. So no bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.