• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a couple minutes of googling and you can see many demonstrations, at ground level, that show the curvature of the earth. many locations that he can go witness for himself on a weekend trip. why does this guy have a death wish? hmmm? oh he's taking donations ...

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As a soon to be flat person, he'll be the perfect spokesman.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
"Atmosflat"????

How!?

How do you miss "atmosquare"!?

It was so easy.....

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
"Atmosflat"????

How!?

How do you miss "atmosquare"!?

It was so easy.....

THEW ORLD ISSQ UARE

297.jpg

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Best of luck but wouldn't an unmanned rocket be just as effective and way less dangerous?

This almost sounds like the perfect ''only in American'' meme in full force. But then you realize this could happen anywhere.

But yeah, it amazes me that ever since we set off in a balloon in 1783, over 230 years later we still have people that go ''nah-ah. Cant be true.''

In their own way, they are special snowflakes.

I am going to be amazed that if this does not end well, his relatives will say ''We werent aware of the dangers''.

If that happens, we will have gone full force in South Park levels of idiocy.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Holy fucking shit. I knew Flat Earthers were idiots, but I had no idea they bordered on being without a single shred of mental acuity. For fucks sake, if you truly wanted to figure this out for yourself just attach your phone to a fucking weather balloon... or slap a basket on that fucker and jump in yourself.

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Best of luck but wouldn't an unmanned rocket be just as effective and way less dangerous?

So how would they see it?

just attach your phone to a fucking weather balloon

Phones/cameras/etc. are in league with the conspiracy.

I had no idea they bordered on being without a single shred of mental acuity.

I find it hard to believe that you had no idea about this.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know. They believe in the effects of gravity, but not the embarrassing stuff like the pervasiveness of gravity, its effect on the observable motions of distant bodies and whatnot. It's quite bizarre.
The simple logic at work for them seems closer to just believe whatever an idiot yells at you but nothing else. I've still yet to actually stumble across a flat eather who can explain what the government gain from their supposed cover up.

There seems to be nothing even remotely interesting to research in their idiocy because none of them appear to have actually stopped to question what purpose any of it serves. It begins and ends at 'Bill heard it from Bob and Bob heard it from..' on a larger scale.

It's actually disappointing. I can usually have a laugh looking into ridiculous conspiracies but with flat earth they seem to have just latched onto a couple of concepts from other past cultures plus other conspiracies, mashed it together and said fuck it lets use that and add the word government.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like one of these days this thread is going ti disappear for two or three months, than pop back up when rocket man manages to blow himself up.

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on a True story, Starring Will Ferrell, Aug 5th, 2019

MV5BMTMxMDIzMDEzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcxMjE2Mg@@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Rocket Dumbass

Tag line: F*** you, I'm doing it anyway.

Hardan

Oct 28, 2017
He's probably hoping the police or some agency will step in and prevent this for safety concerns. So he'll be able to to say 'see! They don't want you to know the truth!'

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
It boggles my mind though. If i truly believed that Earth was flat i would use all my resources to travel to the edge and have a peek. Why blow yourself up in a rocket to see what? 500 meters up? There are larger buildings ffs ..

Oct 27, 2017
This is the real problem: he will come back and say it is flat. The pictures he'll take, he'll say are distorted because of lens. So only his own eyes will be proof... do you really think he'll come back and say 'shit we were wrong bros pack it up'?

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I'm pretty sure flat eathers are trolls who dislike how prevalent science is in their society or the uneducated who are easily manipulated and ignorant. Sad to see some people go this far but I have a feeling this guy is gonna profit out of this event somehow.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I hope this dude returns safely with an open and humble mind. Maybe he'll even make his ill-advised adventure profitable by becoming one of those hokey public speakers who gives presentations at public schools.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
The flat earth 'theory' is obviously just a conspiracy to keep us away from the real truth of our earth being hollow and we're being ruled by the lizard people who live inside our planet. These flat earthers are just paid actors to keep us distracted from the truth! WAKE UP SHEEPLE

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
You have to admire the dedication people will go to try and fight against the norm. It's admirable really. Shame that dedication isn't being put towards something useful. God speed, sir.

zoukka

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
People want to feel special.

Just watched a doc about a family that drinks silver water every day and makes their toddlers drink since it's much "healthier" than big pharma medicine. Obviously the doctors told them they might end up killing their kids, but they didn't give a fuck!

Satanael

Oct 27, 2017
He knows he needs a rocket to go up, but does he know he needs it to counter gravity?

You know, that thing with mostly equal force in every point of the globe because of the distance to the center.

This would be way cheaper and less embarrassing for him if he just got a plane ticket to Barcelona and do a couple of jumps in Mount Tibidabo.