• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
You can't even change the resolution. Game looks worse on my 1080ti than on my pro. Are there any workarounds for this game? I'm still getting stuttering when I go between some doorways too. Like it can't load enough into my massive 11GB of vram.

Thought this would be a good buy but now I'm regretting it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Try changing the res from the launcher. The fact that you can't do this in-game is honestly really idiotic. I'm on a 1070 and the game runs awfully on my end. No ultrawide support too. Nioh isn't exactly a stunner so I don't get what the deal is. Kinda glad I played through the game on the base PS4, I can't imagine playing through this great game with the garbo PC version.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Maybe look at the port for more than 5 minutes before calling it garbage?

untitled-e20b4.jpg

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Base PS4 version runs the game at 720p so it's relatively intensive but you either have a 1080ti or 2080ti with 11 gbs of memory and shouldn't be having any issues. I've been playing at 4K 60 with the latter outside of one stage with lots of fog that had some brief drops.

Edit: totally missed where you mentioned the 1080ti specifically tsk

Last edited:

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
OP made a knee jerk reaction thread without thinking to google the solution to their problems despite having the internet at their fingertips

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
This is the one and only game that I refunded on Steam. Kept crashing for me. I could have fixed it, but at the time I just didn't feel like dealing with it.

OP
OP
BladeoftheImmortal
Oct 27, 2017
OP made a knee jerk reaction thread without thinking to google the solution to their problems despite having the internet at their fingertips
Nah. Still get stutters when going between some doorways.

In the tutorial level after you pray and go outside for the first time. When you kill the guard down the stairs. Then run through the huge Arch and down the ramp. It would stutter every single time. Would drop to like low 10s then come back to 60.

Edit: it happens in more doorways than that. It's obviously where the game is loading the next section of a level. But my rig should be able to handle this without stutter. Ryzen 5 2600 + 1080ti and 16GB of DDR4 at 3200mhz ram. Plus I'm running it on the SSD.

Shouldn't be having these issues.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Base PS4 version runs the game at 720p so it's relatively intense but you either have a 1080ti or 2080ti with 11 gbs of memory and shouldn't be having any issues. I've been playing at 4K 60 with the latter outside of one stage with lots of fog that had some brief drops.
The PS4 version runs at 720p 60FPS / 1080p 30 though. It's not really a game that should be demanding.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Nioh is a fucking great game, hope the technical stuff won't ruin this for you.
If you aim for smooth 60 fps, forget 4k on a 1080ti. 1440p should run without problems.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered why some games have separate launchers for this. Why is that?

Easier than implementing it via an in-game menu I would guess?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nah. Still get stutters when going between some doorways.

In the tutorial level after you pray and go outside for the first time. When you kill the guard down the stairs. Then run through the huge Arch and down the ramp. It would stutter every single time. Would drop to like low 10s then come back to 60.
Try enabling triple buffering in the NVIDIA settings if you've got an NVIDIA card.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot for the life of me get the game to 60fps (1070)
And I've tried everything, including dropping the resolution/presets to sub1080/low

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I'm on a 2070 and have the stuttering issue - done my head in too so I feel ya!

I never found a solution either.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
I have stutters aswell, fixed by disabling some HID(Human Interface devices) in device manager. I've to do it every time I want play them game.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Not garbage, but optimization is not very good indeed. Biggest offenders = lack of any form of AA and absent surround sound in pc version.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
It ran fine for me once I gave up on Borderless mode. It only ever crashes if I get too overzealous with Cheat Engine, and every performance drop can be attributed to the fact I've been extracting like 3TB worth of files from an old HDD as I've been playing.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i spent literally 30 seconds googling 'nioh stuttering fix' and i found tons of things to try, first and foremost what seems to fix for most people is have a gamepad plugged in

Nov 2, 2017
I've had surprisingly little problems with it, except occasionally when I start it up the A & B buttons are switched until I restart.

I cannot for the life of me get the game to 60fps (1070)
And I've tried everything, including dropping the resolution/presets to sub1080/low

Then it's most likely CPU related. On my 1060 I get 60 fps at 50-70% GPU usage.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 minutes on google shows multiple 1080 and 1080ti users posting that plugging a gamepad in before booting it up fixes the stuttering. Weird solution, but worth a try. Did you do that yet?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Without G-Sync enabled, I'm experiencing a lot of stuttering as well (with a controller). With it enabled it's fine though.

Outside of that it's also pretty demanding and the lack of any form of anti-aliasing is a bit of an eyesore.