• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
A whole team
222500-140414-scorpia.jpg

EYJNOyRXkAMpwHa.jpg
when we get an A-Force movie, these can be the villains

the D-List-Force

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I just hope that we do get plenty of C-list villains in MCU Thunderbolts . . . . so that they could go Avengers Under Siege in the near future. Like some reversed origin story.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I still have trouble believing that Iron Man, Thor and Captain America were obscure or true unknowns.

I never read a Marvel comic in my life and Marvel didn't have very many cartoons but I'd still heard of all three of them. Especially Captain America and Bucky.

Hawkeye and Black Widow on the other hand? Not a clue.

Side note, was anyone else amused when they found out that most villains/heroes in Marvel/DC are copies of each other? Because the same people worked for both companies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I still have trouble believing that Iron Man, Thor and Captain America were obscure or true unknowns.
I knew of Captain America, but I honestly couldn't tell you who Iron Man or Thor was before their movies were announced and I was a pretty nerdy kid. I was generally not in the Marvel sphere though, it was more as a young adult I got into their material. I watched DC cartoons almost exclusively, I skipped all the 90s Marvel stuff.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I knew of Captain America, but I honestly couldn't tell you who Iron Man or Thor was before their movies were announced and I was a pretty nerdy kid. I was generally not in the Marvel sphere though, it was more as a young adult I got into their material. I watched DC cartoons almost exclusively, I skipped all the 90s Marvel stuff.

I think I knew of those two because of toys more than anything else.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Been reading comics for decades. I know who he is but he doesn't rate for me at all

I'd be shocked if the general populace knows him by name or ever brushed against him outside of Loki
Kang is a weird character. He has the history, material, and connective ties and tissues. But he's kind of lame. Much rather see a Mister Sinister or Apocolypse (we got shadow king in Legion) we got Thanos, but still waiting on Universal church of Truth. Andromeda. Moondragon. Reaper and Simon. Would love more MCU Spidey villains but thats dead. And then you have Blastar, Galactus, Annhilus, Diablo, the Wizard, and of course Doom before I think of Kang and he is related.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Kang is a weird character. He has the history, material, and connective ties and tissues. But he's kind of lame. Much rather see a Mister Sinister or Apocolypse (we got shadow king in Legion) we got Thanos, but still waiting on Universal church of Truth. Andromeda. Moondragon. Reaper and Simon. Would love more MCU Spidey villains but thats dead. And then you have Blastar, Galactus, Annhilus, Diablo, the Wizard, and of course Doom before I think of Kang and he is related.
BLASTAAR THE LIVING BOMB BURST. Put respect on his name

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Psycho-Man would be a really fun villain on the right project with the right cast

I would completely lose my shit if we got the fraternity of raptors

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
We got a faithful adaptation of Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet

Only thing missing was Thanos crushing on Death smh

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If it makes anyone feel better I like Immortus, that's why I liked He who Remains (plus I like the actor, Lovecraft Country was good Dammit).

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's wild, and we still have so much stuff they haven't even touched. Barely even hinted at X-men, just now getting to where we'll see Fantastic Four…

I've loved Moon Knight and Doctor Strange for so long in the comics, and if you told me 15 years ago they would EVER be in a live action movie or show, never mind relatively well-made movies or shows, I would have laughed in your face. We feastin' y'all.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's wild, and we still have so much stuff they haven't even touched. Barely even hinted at X-men, just now getting to where we'll see Fantastic Four…

I've loved Moon Knight and Doctor Strange for so long in the comics, and if you told me 15 years ago they would EVER be in a live action movie or show, never mind relatively well-made movies or shows, I would have laughed in your face. We feastin' y'all.
Yeah, never thought we were getting moonknight. And a version that turns the personalities into DID with Konshu being definitively real and taking advantage with a Lockley stinger.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I don't know man. I read enough comics to know who Ironman was, but the only villain of his I knew of was The Mandarin.

Oct 27, 2017
When I saw Mr. Nobody, Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man and Red Jack in Doom Patrol I knew Marvel was going to have to step up their game. And so they have.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Meanwhile in DC land...

We know we're there when we have Team America/Thunderriders (the stunt motorcycle super team) and US Archer, space trucker.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I never read a Marvel comic in my life and Marvel didn't have very many cartoons but I'd still heard of all three of them. Especially Captain America and Bucky.

Hawkeye and Black Widow on the other hand? Not a clue.

Side note, was anyone else amused when they found out that most villains/heroes in Marvel/DC are copies of each other? Because the same people worked for both companies.

Yeah, the general public probably had heard of IM, Cap and Thor. I doubt many knew much about them though other than Cap's shield, IM had a robot suit and Thor had a hammer. Compared to Spiderman, Batman, Superman and others where most people knew a lot about their stories already, comparatively speaking. Maybe not nitty-gritty details but definitely more than those first three mentioned.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I won't be satisfied until we get a Sgt. Rock film. That's right, a WWII comic book movie with no capes. And let's get the Losers while we're at it

we can forget any connection to the Haunted Tank. Please.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

Thor I get but I've always been surprised that Iron Man apparently was relatively obscure before Downey (and I have to believe it cause a lot of people have said they didn't know him). Always thought he was fairly iconic. I read comics as a kid so it's hard to really separate myself from that, but I thought he was fairly prominent even to people who aren't comic fans, or at least to those who may gotten into various other fan cultures (video games, cartoons etc).

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And yet nobody has done anything with Mayday. What are Marvel and Sony doing?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Thor I get but I've always been surprised that Iron Man apparently was relatively obscure before Downey (and I have to believe it cause a lot of people have said they didn't know him). Always thought he was fairly iconic. I read comics as a kid so it's hard to really separate myself from that, but I thought he was fairly prominent even to people who aren't comic fans, or at least to those who may gotten into various other fan cultures (video games, cartoons etc).
Yeah if you asked me pre-2000s when their movies came out what Marvel brands/characters I could name, it would probably be Spider-Man, X-Men, FF, Hulk, Captain America, and maybe Avengers (without being able to name most members lol). And even then I knew very little about the characters; I knew who Spider-Man was but I did not know he was a nerdy teenager whose uncle (that raised him as a father) died, that the X-Men were mutants, etc.

I did play MVC in arcades but most of the characters were noise to me, I always picked Mega Man.

Even my DC knowledge at the time was very minimal, mostly adjacent to Batman, though I was pretty young in the 90s. I remember being a kid and telling my mom about this cool show DBZ I was watching and I said how Goku came from another planet and she was like "don't you mean Superman?" and I was really confused lol

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Paste Pot Pete will get his day.
He became the Trapster and became legit afterwards. Dude killed Whirlwind I believe. Guy came spinnin at him...he glued his feet to the ground and he tore his own body apart as Trapster smiled. Dudes a deathtrap sorta character now who honestly is one more slight twist away from being Marvels Jigsaw imo.

Slayven I couldnt find the page of this. Correct me if Im wrong.