• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
She's a murderer but that interviewer is an embarrassment. "Why do you keep talking?" Well, he keeps asking and giving her a platform so that he can get attention and money, he's an asshole who doesn't give a shit about the victim, justice or whatever, it's all about him.

Britney-Haynes-Cringe-Big-Brother.gif

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
What? He's not an embarrassment? He's giving her a platform and is then asking why she keeps talking as if he isn't the reason she's talking. Her being a murderer does not mean he isn't an asshole.
glad to see we have someone here on Era who understands how journalism on tv happens, now we're all set

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
What? He's not an embarrassment? He's giving her a platform and is then asking why she keeps talking as if he isn't the reason she's talking. Her being a murderer does not mean he isn't an asshole.
I mean, she was lying a lot, and then saying she'll accept the decision since she's confident in the system, and whenever it wasn't going her way, she continued to lie.
That's what that was in reference to.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about this woman.
A quick search says she killed her boyfriend I guess.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I like the 'Why do you keep talking?' retort, but the guy immediately squanders that goodwill by talking about the fact that she should just 'accept' the Death Penalty. Fuck the death penalty.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Don't see the point of these sort of interviews, it is more a "gotcha" and just trying to fram yourself as a "hard" journalist, when infact you are just being assholish and giving this murderer a platform to spew lies.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Eh, he is just trolling her. that kind of line of questioning isn't going to achieve anything, and is neither asking much worthwhile, nor getting any interesting response.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still remember this case. Jodi is a full blown narcissistic psychopath, she loved all of the attention she was getting. IIRC she started to sing and do handstands as she was being questioned by police
Holy shit, I checked out the video that was linked to one of the replies you got and you werent kidding, she was literally doing hand stands.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

if you knew anything about her or this case you'd see she deserves all the mocking she gets

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
She was probably mentally dancing just knowing she's on camera so it isn't a great idea to interview her on television.
The Last Podcast in the Left episode was the only time I had heard of her and daaamn she is dangerously fucking nuts. Good candidate for an SCP experiment.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017

Did you watch the full interview? It's still savage, but not nearly as much as the edited video in the OP. The questions flow together and don't come off as blunt as they do.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
People would stop looking at these things as PR junkets if journalists actually asked the questions the interviewee doesn't want to answer

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
The way this "interview" just casually asks the defendant of an ongoing case why she "doesnt just accept the death penalty" is fucking disgusting. Jesus Christ.

Not criticizing the fact that 12 randoes get to decide if they get to commit State-sanctioned murder in retalation, but instead attacking the Person about to be murdered for not just going for it and accepting them to do it. Dope. Very normal.

And then during the "interview": "Look at these hilariously weird arguments she used to beg for her life in front of the Jury, LOL" *cuts away to her begging not to kill her"

Even the tagline is dystopian beyond comprehension. "In this EXCLUSIVE jailhouse interview, Arias justifies begging for her life! *air horns*"

Last edited: