• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was hilarious.

Gamesradar
The Fallout 76 Deathclaw Maze is brilliantly evil

Kotaku
...a player named Korindabar has constructed a maze in Fallout 76 out of concrete and scrap metal. Other players are invited to try to solve it in exchange for prizes. Korindabar accomplishes this by wandering the map and greeting new, low-level players, throwing all manner of welcoming emote at them until they start to follow him. He then leads them back to the maze, opens the door, and ushers them inside.

What the people don't know is that Korindabar's pet Deathclaw is inside.
pixel.adsafeprotected.com

Pcgamer
If the players step inside, he slams and locks the door behind them, then watches as they attempt to solve The Maze, a labyrinth with winding corridors, several false doors, and, oh yeah, a rampaging Deathclaw.

Eurogamer
They're the work of Vault101manguy, also known as Mike: a Canadian Fallout 76 player who by day works in IT, but at night terrifies the citizens of Flatwoods. So far he's created three traps, including a murder church, player ovenand his latest masterpiece: a Deathclaw maze.

Video for context:

Reddit post that gained traction and recognition from Bethesda staff.

*No one actually died during this prank. But the panic... I can't even imagine.

Edit: player oven one is funny too

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So why doesnt anyone kill him? Is it a no kill zone for PVP? And how does he meet so many random people? Are there a certain number of players per server or what

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When they said robe, I thought Children of the Cathedral type shit, not a fucking bath robe.

Still, this is certainly some Fallout ass shit.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
MĂ©xico - United States
So why doesnt anyone kill him? Is it a no kill zone for PVP? And how does he meet so many random people? Are there a certain number of players per server or what
If they are below level 5, they can't. Even then, you can't straight up murder people, shooting unprovoked players does minimal damage until they shoot back. He's near the starting area, which is always full of new-ish players, and yes, there are about 25 players per server.

OP
OP
Vex

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It has been awhile since I've played but I will try to explain:

They were not on a survival server. So you have to challenge and accept a "duel" by receiving PvP damage and shooting back. If they shot him back after his Deathclaw hit them? The Deathclaw would do ITS FULL DAMAGE TO THEM since PvP would be fully activated. A Deathclaw can kill you in 3 hits easy.

Now, on a survival server I dunno how this works. They would probably instantly die? I think this video came out prior to the survival update.

There are other players roaming. Up to 24 max players I believe per server? Plenty to troll.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Why arent any of the players actually dying when they get hit by a deathclaw tho