• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
There's a spider living in one of the side rear view mirrors of my car. It's my bro. Always feel kind of bad for it when driving inevitably shreds its web.

Thats hilarious, I have the exact situation lol The spider dashes behind driver side rear view mirror once I start driving. It will always build a new web in exact spot on rearview mirror, its been ongoing for over a month.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees like, a Goron face on this spider

38X5Ht1.png

e3Efhfc.png

Or maybe it's Craig

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anansi would be proud.

Spiders are awesome, but even I'm not sure I'd have been able to get that close to one that big. Then again, it didn't seem terribly aggressive, and was clearly not happy about having its legs all tangled up in shit. I'd have probably done the same.

This guy is the Wolf Spider Whisperer. I'd watch a show about him traveling the land, befriending spiders and rescuing them XD

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, last week I returned from a camping trip to find dozens of orb weavers had moved in during my absence. I've been relocating them ever since. Between the colony of bats in my chimney, and spiders in my house, I'm all set for Halloween!

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Ok so wolf spiders aren't people and I doubt it was happy the man helped him. It is nice to see people respecting nature and to pretend the man and spider became friends.

Reminds me of some pest exterminator solicitor who rang my doorbell a month ago. Said he would spray around the house if we wanted. There are a lot of wolf spiders this year and he said people want them sprayed. I was like "Why? What harm do they cause?". He was like "oh they don't harm anything, but people think they look gross especially carrying around their egg sack".

It took every once of my strength not do go all Ian Malcolm on this guy.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would have been willing to help, but not sure I have the knowledge or manual dexterity to actually help. It's just I have long been on the side of letting them be, and if they are in the way or bothering others trying to safely relocate them.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's spider season in Seattle, so I end up rescuing spiders a couple times a week right now; if not, the cat'll catch them and eat them. She doesn't even play with them first.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so wolf spiders aren't people and I doubt it was happy the man helped him. It is nice to see people respecting nature and to pretend the man and spider became friends.

Reminds me of some pest exterminator solicitor who rang my doorbell a month ago. Said he would spray around the house if we wanted. There are a lot of wolf spiders this year and he said people want them sprayed. I was like "Why? What harm do they cause?". He was like "oh they don't harm anything, but people think they look gross especially carrying around their egg sack".

It took every once of my strength not do go all Ian Malcolm on this guy.

I probably trying to eliminate the competition.