• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been rereading berserk for some reason and got done with the Resurrection arc. All I gotta say is fuck Griffith. That dude fucking sucks. He's a murderer and rapists. God damn do they make you hate that guy so much. He's a fucking dick to everyone and will sacrifice anything for his dream even if it means killing everyone. Fuck Griffith's. I can't wait 30 years from now when the Miura finally draws guts being the shit out Griffith. It will be the greatest moment of our lives.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I know. He sucks

People need inspiration to grow, and he inspired everyone. It's too bad he was a sociopath.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Inappropriate joke
Given what all transpired with him the more accurate title would be "Fucked Casca"

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Controversial opinion there, OP...

...That said, someone's probably going to reveal themselves to be a Griffith stan in here within the next five minutes...

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
There was a thread awhile ago about the trope of forgiving the bad guy, and that would absolutely immediately make me tear all the pages out in rage. There's like three acceptable ways for this to end, and #1 is every cell of Griffith being sliced by the Dragon Slayer.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I was done reading all the berserk chapters that had been created at the time, I decided not to read berserk again until Griffith was killed... still waiting

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I only read up to the Eclipse but I concur with the OP.

Also, I typed "Griffith" into Google and "did nothing wrong" was one of the suggestions.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
There was a thread awhile ago about the trope of forgiving the bad guy, and that would absolutely immediately make me tear all the pages out in rage. There's like three acceptable ways for this to end, and #1 is every cell of Griffith being sliced by the Dragon Slayer.

I normally can't stand it, but I'm not gonna lie. At the end of gungrave, I was bawling when ol Harry and Brandon made up because Brandon just couldn't kill his old friend.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I mean you go to war and agree to fight and die for the guy for him to gain power. But more direct methods to power is a no-go?

Hypocrite much?

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Will Guts be able to kill someone who's a god, will Guts be the instigator that ends the caged human prosperity and will Casca allow Griffith to be killed?

🤷🏻‍♀️

We'll see in 30 years :P

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
I normally can't stand it, but I'm not gonna lie. At the end of gungrave, I was bawling when ol Harry and Brandon made up because Brandon just couldn't kill his old friend.

I was right there with you. That entire ending was an emotional roller coaster for me. God damn do I love that ending.

I really gotta read/watch Berserk. I've always meant to do so and I've steered clear of spoilers, but I really need to know what exactly Griffith did that makes him such a compelling/worst villain constantly mentioned.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I really gotta read/watch Berserk. I've always meant to do so and I've steered clear of spoilers, but I really need to know what exactly Griffith did that makes him such a compelling/worst villain constantly mentioned.

Get out of this thread right now! Go watch the original anime real quick or something

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I agree OP.

He got his pretty ass beat by some nobles and couldn't deal. Sacrificed an army of his closest cohorts and made a new gang with rapey monsters. If he doesn't get divine retribution, I'll burn these books.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Been rereading berserk for some reason and got done with the Resurrection arc. All I gotta say is fuck Griffith. That dude fucking sucks. He's a murderer and rapists. God damn do they make you hate that guy so much. He's a fucking dick to everyone and will sacrifice anything for his dream even if it means killing everyone. Fuck Griffith's. I can't wait 30 years from now when the Miura finally draws guts being the shit out Griffith. It will be the greatest moment of our lives.
Oh boy, someone's optimistic!

Oct 25, 2017
Look Griffith wasn't some fly by night, even with how physically and mentally devastated as he was post torture if he had the opportunity pulled some shit he was going to pull some shit.

Also if you had the option sacrificing everyone was a good play.

With that said, fuck Griffith.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Griffith is probably the most heinous villain ever. Not solely because of his accomplishments and deeds, but the framework on how his actions affect everyone else in the story really makes him the ultimate villain.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I was right there with you. That entire ending was an emotional roller coaster for me. God damn do I love that ending.

It really was a great ending. One of the best, they did a hell of a job building up that friendship.

I watched Berserk about a year back. Really good. OP isn't lying though, you'll hate Griffith. Show/manga gets so damn crazy. You'll dig it I'm sure.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he was meant to be antagonist, and the author designed him in such way. All we can speculate is how he would depict Griffith's downfall which eventually comes.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Griffith is easily in the top three characters in fiction I most want to die. In fact he's probably #1 by a mile. I can't think of anyone else I want to see murdered, and for Griffith I need to see Guts do it brutally

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a testament to how much a story can touch people that 21 years later (based on the eclipse volume release date), we are still waiting with impatience for the day Griffith gets WRECKED.

Last edited:

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
It really was a great ending. One of the best, they did a hell of a job building up that friendship.

I watched Berserk about a year back. Really good. OP isn't lying though, you'll hate Griffith. Show/manga gets so damn crazy. You'll dig it I'm sure.

There's a video store near me that has all of them available for rent. Gonna check it out tomorrow if I can't find a stream.

I love anime but don't quite have the knowledge on some of the classic series as many in here seem too. Been more of a movie guy when it comes to anime so between Berserk and Evangellion coming to Netflix soon I'm hyped to finally see some of the series that everyone praises so highly.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully we're all still alive when Guts finally gives Griffith what he deserves.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he was meant to be antagonist, and the author designed him in such way. All we can speculate is how he would depict Griffith's downfall which eventually comes.
Funny thing is, Miura seems to have based Griffith and his relationship with Guts principally on the relationship between him and one of his friend and fellow manga author, Koji Mori, which makes it kinda weird considering where Berserk goes with it.