• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
From Software's cutscenes have always been memorable. There's no better way to introduce a formidable boss than with a badass introduction, for example:

This cutscene is already a classic at this point, but things don't end there, From Software since Dark Souls (haven't played Demon's so idk if that one had cool cutscenes too) has always had amazingly choreographed cutscenes

DREAM%2B4.png

dark_souls_3_vordt_of_the_boreal.jpg

bloodborne-ending1.jpg

dark_souls_3_nameless_king.jpg

Sekiro follows this trend as well. It feels like you could take a picture anywhere in a cutscene and it'd make for a good background.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

PxVLQBm4ttmH4V2RRHLtpW-1200-80.jpg

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I agree. People joke about a cinematic fromsoft game but their atmosphere, imagery and cinematography is really unique. I love the cinematics in their games.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This looks like something you see in a lot of games. The gargoyle seen in the OP, in particular, reminds me heavily of older Devil May Cry boss intros.

The FromSoft boner on this forum is getting out of hand.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
There's literally nothing special about this cutscene ? Devil May Cry made better cutscenes back in the PS2 era

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this ones a really big stretch. from has some cool, simple camera angles, but almost any big budget game with effort put into cinematics does at worst the same.

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 beats this IMO.
I'll have to REALLY disagree with this. The one thing I dislike the most about Witcher 3 is the horrible cutscene direction. It's really really bad.

The way characters "wait for their turn to act" between camera cuts will never not be jarring when playing any Witcher game.

Cyberpunk 2077 is miles ahead in that department going by that long demo they showed.

Zippro

May 20, 2018
Honestly wouldn't doubt it if people making posts like "FromSoft's the best at X" don't play many games, in fact, I'd wager they only play FromSoft games. FromSoft's really good at making a polished experience that supports a single goal, typically creating an immersive world, but the things people say they're the best at outside that, gameplay, level design, cinematography, are easily outdone by other games. Seriously. Gameplay? DMC5 did it better. Atmosphere? Majora's Mask did it better. Cinematography? Metal Gear Solid 3 did it better.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Between BB being the prettiest game of the generation, and their cutscenes being unparalleled in all of gaming, I can't wait to see where OP's obsession with FROM takes us next :p

Also, I would highly recommend playing some of Naughty Dog's games, or even The Order 1886 for master classes in cutscenes.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is getting ridiculous now. I was with from till setting up a new standard in gaming because their gameplay was awesome.

This should have been a troll thread.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I like FromSoft games a lot. Clearly not quite as much as some people on this board. And while I don't think they are quite unparalleled. I do think the gaping dragon cutscene is insanely well shot.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Not really seeing it, nothing about the animation, acting or cinematography stands out. The Japanese voice acting in Sekiro sounds good, but that's about it.

Compared to something like this? It's really not even in the same league.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This is getting ridiculous now. I was with from till setting up a new standard in gaming because their gameplay was awesome.

This should have been a troll thread.

ResetEra needs to seriously figure out how to combat hyperbole threads while still allowing people to fan out over random shit.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wouldn't doubt it if people making posts like "FromSoft's the best at X" don't play many games, in fact, I'd wager they only play FromSoft games. FromSoft's really good at making a polished experience that supports a single goal, typically creating an immersive world, but the things people say they're the best at outside that, gameplay, level design, cinematography, are easily outdone by other games. Seriously. Gameplay? DMC5 did it better. Atmosphere? Majora's Mask did it better. Cinematography? Metal Gear Solid 3 did it better.
How is DMC even comparable? From's game and DMC are nothing alike in terms of how they approach action. You might as well be comparing Spintires to Gran Turismo.

Oct 29, 2017
They are really good at it, their shots are always amazing. Always wanted to know who did it. I wonder if it is Miyazaki too since he even mocapped Nito and the Witch of Izalith in that Dark Souls opening cutscene.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This place is getting goofy with From love. They're good, they aren't gods for god's sake...god.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Remember in Dark Souls III when there was a cutscene with a fountain pouring blood and it all led up to a ladder being lowered? What the hell was that?