• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's very refreshing to see in a generation full of sequels. From could've released Dark Souls 4, 5 and 6 and maybe even 7 and fans would've loved it, but instead they decided for fully new IPs with entirely different styles, world and gameplay.

Of course, part of it is because their games aren't trying to be graphical marvels and they're certainly not a TLOU in terms of budget, but it's still impressive how they've been trying new things. As much as I'd like to see Twodborne and Sekiro: Shadows Die Thrice, Elden Ring sounds like their most promising game yet. I just hope this trend of trying new things continues in next gen, it's so refreshing.

That said, we need to settle the name once and for all. Sekirouldenborne is getting a little long for my taste.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair those games shared a lot of similarities with Souls and notable because of how they purposefully differentiate from souls
-Bloodborne--->literally eliminates shields
-Sekiro--->its focus on partying and small health pools

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we're determined to find a suitable name for "3 fully new IPs" is pretty funny.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
People already started feeling a bit tired after DS3 - i dont think they could have just done DS 4-6 without losing fans.
They had to change things up and they did.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
You forgot Deracine as well, and they had DS2 and ds3 too. 6 Games in a single gen where most other developers struggle to put 3 games out is insane.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
To be fair those games shared a lot of similarities with Souls and notable because of how they purposefully differentiate from souls
-Bloodborne--->literally eliminates shields
-Sekiro--->its focus on partying and small health pools

Thanks for giving me nightmarish visions where From stops making ARPGs and makes "party" games instead.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
And the fact that we're not going to get a sequel to Bloodborne, but most likely Sekiro and Elden Ring pisses me off. Sony is sleeping at the wheel.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for giving me nightmarish visions where From stops making ARPGs and makes "party" games instead.
lmi6XeM.jpg

Not exactly a party game, but yeah. Apparently it's not even that bad?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Only 3? Every year I feel like I find out about some other random weird-ass PS2 game they made that no one has ever heard of. Jokes aside it's not like I'm dying for a new Echo Night or whatever. But I definitely miss Armored Core.

While I'd say I'm a bit burned out on them personally, I don't really mind them focusing hard on the Souls-like formula since the games have been of incredibly high quality. I didn't finish Sekiro but had a damn good time with it until I fell off.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I was talking about their output in general and how they can put games out vert efficiently.
They seem to have kind of a PS1 Square thing going, where they'll cut projects off after a certain amount of development time no matter what and then make whatever they have work as a coherent product. Then a lot of those cut ideas feed into the next game.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Just started Sekiro again. Last time I stopped at Lady Butterfly. after about 3 months not touching the game, I decided to restart the game from the beginning.
Hope I can join the "Party" with you guys :p

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
It's very refreshing to see in a generation full of sequels. From could've released Dark Souls 4, 5 and 6 and maybe even 7 and fans would've loved it, but instead they decided for fully new IPs with entirely different styles, world and gameplay.

Of course, part of it is because their games aren't trying to be graphical marvels and they're certainly not a TLOU in terms of budget, but it's still impressive how they've been trying new things. As much as I'd like to see Twodborne and Sekiro: Shadows Die Thrice, Elden Ring sounds like their most promising game yet. I just hope this trend of trying new things continues in next gen, it's so refreshing.

That said, we need to settle the name once and for all. Sekirouldenborne is getting a little long for my taste.
They released Deracine on psvr too

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are hardly totally new or completely different.

All are based on the Souls formula at the core.