• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
In a just world this would be the end of his livelihood.

But that's Texas.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
A lot of middle aged or older Latinos that I know in Texas are just as racist as their white counterparts

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
There's a video on the same thread of the police response. As you'd expect they arrested him and charged with him—oh, no, they politely asked him to leave. Huh.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I hope everyone got away OK, that guy seems unhinged and extremely dangerous!

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. That's Texas. Many people might be surprised, but a large amount of Hispanics here think they're white people. I even have Trumper family members that are high on 'Murica'/MAGA culture.

Detained

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.buzzfeednews.com

A Man Wielding A Chainsaw Yelled The N-Word At Protesters And Told Them To "Go Home"

"Don't let those fucking trash antifa bullshit people fool you," he shouted.
McAllen police did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed News' request for comment. But McAllen Police Chief Victor Rodriguez told the Monitor that the man, who has not been publicly identified, has been detained.
"We've identified that person, we've detained that person and are continuing our investigation into the particular incident," Rodriguez said.
Police said they were investigating the incident as an assault, according to the newspaper.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
There's no exclusive rights to racism. Minorites in this country can be just as disgustingly racist to each other as any MAGA hat wearing white guy from rural Alabama.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
All of these racist assholes keep bringing guns and weapons, it's only matter of time before one of these pricks actually uses them. I am aware people want to protest peacefully but there's also some self-defence needed for situations like this -- honestly this guy should have been put down the moment he decided to charge at them with a fucking chainsaw.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.buzzfeednews.com

A Man Wielding A Chainsaw Yelled The N-Word At Protesters And Told Them To "Go Home"

"Don't let those fucking trash antifa bullshit people fool you," he shouted.
McAllen police did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed News' request for comment. But McAllen Police Chief Victor Rodriguez told the Monitor that the man, who has not been publicly identified, has been detained.
"We've identified that person, we've detained that person and are continuing our investigation into the particular incident," Rodriguez said.
Police said they were investigating the incident as an assault, according to the newspaper.

Good.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, this has to be at least partly planned? Not that an impulsive action is defensible at all.

Also, imagine believing that racism is a false narrative spread by antifa. I'm surprised how fucking dumb people can be.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
Tear gas, flash bangs, live rounds, bows and arrows, throwing knives, voldo knife claws, and chainsaws to threaten, harm, and kill black people who just want to live their lives in peace.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
If people wishing for better police accountability and mourning the unlawful death of a black man makes you want to take a chainsaw onto a sidewalk to deal with them... You MIGHT BE A RACIST

thefragrance

Avenger
Dec 18, 2017
Self-loathing piece of shit. There's way too many of these assholes in Texas thinking that the white conservatives they want to be friends with don't see them as anything but subhuman.

In Mexico anti black sentiments and casual racists jokes are so fucking commonplace it makes my skin crawl when I have to listen to or witness that shit

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
No arrest

But blink at a cop and your getting your ass hauled to jail. In NYC a court just ruled they can keep you indefinitely because there are 2 crisis going on.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
A lot of middle aged or older Latinos that I know in Texas are just as racist as their white counterparts
Ain't just a Texas problem. I've got Latino in-laws in Maryland who are this racist too (well, maybe not wield-a-chainsaw level).

Honestly, kind of glad for COVID because if we had a family get together right now there's a 99% chance I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
This may surprise y'all but Hispanics aren't homogeneous. There's a spectrum of skin color and racism is also a problem.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Did any of the heroes that walk around with AR-15s open fire on him to protect the innocent?

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
That shit when they start believing white people are accepting them while they're getting called wet backs behind their back.
It's crazy. Racist minorities just blow my mind. America's vicious capitalist society requires a permanent underclass to keep low income whites in line. In the absence of black people, who do they think is going to be America's Next Top Niggers?

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Generalizations and Commentary Around Race; Prior Severe Ban for the Same
Daniel Peña.
Talk about lacking self awareness, jesus.

Only younger Texas Mexicans are liberal. The older ones are quite racist and anti-black. They are the ones that vote Republican and let people like Ted Cruz come to power. It's not just the whites in Texas believe me. And they don't consider themselves minorities either.

Jun 10, 2018
Listen, you guys need to stop being surprised at ethnic/minority groups being racist - particularly to black people. The entire globe (save for the few straggling closed off communities) operate under the racial hegemony pushed by white supremacy.

In laymen's terms: that means blacks are at the bottom, whites are at the top, and everyone fills out the middle. The more you shit on the bottom, the "closer" you get to attaining privileges of whiteness.

This isn't some dude forgetting his place or identity as a minority (in fact none of the stories like these are). This is him reminding the rest of the world that even though he isn't white, he's still better than an N-word.