• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
depending on the staff, 24 hours is about how long they take to ask what you want

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I don't understand how this is a punishment. Waffles are tasty. They're really good with lots of different kinds of toppings. You can use them as a sandwich. Their only flaw is they aren't good with cheese.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Highway waffle house or local waffle house?

I don't understand how this is a punishment. Waffles are tasty. They're really good with lots of different kinds of toppings. You can use them as a sandwich. Their only flaw is they aren't good with cheese.

Depending on the location 2 to 4 am at a waffle house gets... Interesting.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Waffles aren't punishment, not being able to leave is the punishment.

And if he could only get through four waffles, spending 20 hours in any place that's not your home kind of sucks.

And why would you want cheese on a waffle?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Wafflles aren't good without cheese? This thread is gonna go places.

Do you have recommendations because I am down to change my opinion on the matter.

I have tried them with cream cheese and liked it but I don't really count that.

Waffles aren't punishment, not being able to leave is the punishment.

And if he could only get through four waffles, spending 20 hours in any place that's not your home kind of sucks.

And why would you want cheese on a waffle?

My point is waffles are tasty. Not being able to leave a place until you eat enough waffles is like being stuck in a place until you eat enough chicken nuggets, or bacon, or ice cream, or those little donuts that are kept by the Twinkies in supermarkets. It seems less like punishment and more like an excuse to eat tasty food.

As for cheese, cheese is good, but I haven't had it paired well with waffles before. So waffles aren't as perfect as they could be as they cannot be paired with cheese.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Going to Waffle House is already a punishment but eating the food is double the punishment.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Do you have recommendations because I am down to change my opinion on the matter.

I have tried them with cream cheese and liked it but I don't really count that.
No no, no cheese. I'm with ya. I thought I read they aren't good "without" cheese.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
If the waffle place lets him stay for 24 hours, this honestly sounds like a not-terrible way to piss away a day. Hang out for a spell, catch up on some reading, eat a waffle every so often.

Now, if the rule was you HAD to eat at least one waffle every hour or two, that'd be significantly worse.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If there's no chicken with these, I'd be doing the full 24 stint. Lock my ass in a pancake house? I'm out in an hour.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That's a dangerous proposition though.
Once you eat too much pancake/waffle/etc, you're only compounding onto the misery.
Gotta pace yourself, and realize you will probably be there for 12+ hours.

Waffle House presumably has a public bathroom, though. I imagine it may not be the cleanest place in the world, but still.

Eat 6-8 waffles in an hour as fast as you can before your stomach realises it's full. Now you've only got 15-17 hours left. Rest for an hour. 14-16 hours left. Use the restroom for an hour. 13-15 hours left. 6-8 more waffles time!!! 5-8 hours left. Relax for an hour. Poop for an hour. You should now be able to finish eating enough waffles to go home in only 3-5 waffles. And it only took 7ish hours.

I am very bad at math but very good at eating waffles so hopefully that balances it out.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Even just getting through half the time is 5000 calories

Maybe just spend the rest of the time in a food coma

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Waffle House presumably has a public bathroom, though. I imagine it may not be the cleanest place in the world, but still.

Eat 6-8 waffles in an hour as fast as you can before your stomach realises it's full. Now you've only got 15-17 hours left. Rest for an hour. 14-16 hours left. Use the restroom for an hour. 13-15 hours left. 6-8 more waffles time!!! 5-8 hours left. Relax for an hour. Poop for an hour. You should now be able to finish eating enough waffles to go home in only 3-5 waffles. And it only took 7ish hours.

I am very bad at math but very good at eating waffles so hopefully that balances it out.

Honestly not worth it lol, would just play on Switch or something.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017

Oh dearest Icarus, you fly so close to the sun...

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
This doesnt seem so bad especially with waffle thing. 5 hours max id be in there :D

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh dearest Icarus, you fly so close to the sun...

I watched a movie recently where a guy kept referencing Icarus before attempting to ski down Mount Everest. He did not succeed at skiing down Mount Everest. He did succeed at tumbling down Mount Everest and not dying. A lot of his crew died to get him to the point where he could fail, though.

I have forgotten my point.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I love how some here are so confident they could crush all these waffles and walk out in 2 hours. This person is suffering at 6 waffles.

Based on the pictures, these aren't little eggo waffles, 5 waffles is already 2000 calories according to his tweet.

Edit: I could really go for 2-3 of those waffles right now though.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017

We aren't talking about Eggo waffles. They are full sized waffles that cover a whole full sized plate.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
This a neat last place punishment as he can tackle it how he wants

I'm not sure if I could even do 24 waffles in a day, going by the size of these I'd have 2 maybe 3 as a big meal on their own.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems funny to me, I think I could eat 12 waffles over a 12 hour period so only spend half the day there. Would try to invite some friends to help the time go by faster and bring a book or Switch. Trick is not use syrup on the waffles and get a sugar crash. Butter only.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
This guy is going on a magical adventure and I am here for it. I love Waffle House, know my hashbrown order by heart, and will happily dine at a good WH location any time - which I can do since they're always open. I've also seen high weirdness and at least one major fight unfold at Waffle House late at night and had one of the severs scream at me, "You play one of those goddamned songs and I'll break your fucking legs" as I loaded quarters into the jukebox to start queing up Waffle House songs so, I mean, it's variable. I'm wishing this guy luck at his location.

I'm also reminded of an excellent Gawker article, "My 14-Hour Search for the End of TGI Friday's Endles Appetizers. Here's a sample:

Caity Weaver said:
The day after "Endless Appetizers" was announced, I went to TGI Friday's in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Sheepshead Bay. I wanted to challenge the hubris of a company co-opting the infinite for a marketing gimmick. I wanted to demand accountability from copywriters.

I wanted to call their bluff and eat appetizers until they kicked me out, to seek the limit of this supposedly limitless publicity stunt.

I soon learned the limit does not exist.

She goes on an existential journey into chain dining hell. It's also a magical adventure and I recommend the article highly.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I've been to waffle house only once, in Texas. It was definitely not worth it, and I understand the references.