• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile that parent is probably feeding his kid a shit ton of burgers and other junk food.

Indian food is delicious btw.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like bait, but these days you can never be sure. There are a lot of little phrases in that post that seem like hooks that are meant to annoy.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Help, my 3yr old is fucked since I've been feeding him South Asian food daily... Please don't call child support on me...

Lol that dude thinks it might be taken as a racist thing... Reallllyyyy???

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Lol what the fuck!?!

Also, I wish my kids liked food with even a hint of spice because i could prepare more meals the way I like them.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My daughter was very weak with spicy food for a long time, which meant my wife and I didn't get to eat as much Indian food as we wanted to.
When she tried Indian food again and loved it, even spicy curries, we were thrilled.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. Oh wow.

The introduction of spices is a cultural/tolerance thing. Not a safety thing (well, maybe the bred-to-be-painful competition peppers).

Had my kid try spicy chicken curry at like 14 months. And even then it was because I hadn't thought to do it earlier.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
That poor kid. I can't even imagine what bland food they have at home. Also that husband's a nut, of course they're going to take it racially, it's a racial statement.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
You can tell that's the first decent-tasting meal that boy has had in his entire life.

plus

Oct 25, 2017
Chicken curry is one of the world's most popular dishes? Never had it. Looks like I know what I'm going to look for for lunch today.
2c5ftlq4q0u41.jpg

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The part I don't get is....does this dude think Indian kids don't exist, or just haphazardly die from spice poison or something?
Don't you know, Indian kids have specially adapted digestive systems that let them handle any amount of heat. Those babies can take temperatures of up to nine thousand degrees

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): Concern trolling around race, white fragility
Jesus Christ, I've known kids fed Jollof as soon as they had adequate teeth.
Why are white folks like this?

Just a heads up, by generalizing "white folks" and implying that this behavior is a common occurrence, you too are enticing racism. This is very clearly not common behavior among "white folks," so you shouldn't make this into something that it's not. Break the cycle of racism, don't be a part of it.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanna gently remind you that salt and pepper are the only acceptable spices at our house.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I can't shake the feeling that this is the 'cleaned up', public version of this story, and the concern about spiciness is a cover for deeper prejudices about the Indian family's home, or the food being 'unclean', or something like that. Because nothing was actually wrong, they resorted to trying to justify their racism with some bullshit like "the food was too spicy, I knew we were right to be suspicious"

I feel bad for the kid's development, but man they don't deserve to know interesting people.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The kid's stomach was forged in a furnace of cheeseburgers and macaroni he is probably better prepared than most of us.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm one billion percent sure the kid was raving about the food and dad's ego got hurt because Chris doesn't like his dry ass pork chops.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A child can't eat your cultured white diet that is Kraft mac and cheese forever, you inbreds.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh no, not the delicious savory and spicy chicken curry dish, that poor kid being introduced to flavortown now has to go back to his parents.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
White people centuries ago: "Alright lads, let's sail to India all the way around the tip of Africa because we need those damn spices. Got better ideas? Sail all the way West until you get there? Great. Anything it takes."

White people now: "Oh god my son ate Indians spices he's going to dieeeee"

Right? People literally died for centuries to get flavor back to whitesville and now this dude is freaking out that his kid realizes the cooking at home is boring.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If this happened in America we would have called the police and they probably would have shot at the dangerous curries in self defense.