• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Between Brexit, Covid and other bullshit as we look into 2021 I'm looking forward to a load of great games and the more light hearted bickering between it all.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Just you wait until the next Xenoblade and Pokémon games get revealed. Imagine the shitshow then!

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Theres not a chance in hell starfield releases in 2021 so there goes half of your post.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I love that this thread is about actual good releases as if this industry will not invent a hundred ethical and moral scandals around representation, abuse of workers, abuse of women in the workplace, videogame enthusiasts and their bigot, harassing ways, dismissal of mental health concerns, Trump supporters just existing and bringing evil unto the world with every step, white supremacists developing games and complaining that they're being censured because they have no black people in their historical game and everyone's rightfully shitting on them, etc. etc.

Y'all are people of faith.

OP
OP
UnderTheKillingSun
Jul 10, 2020
i updated the post to reflect my original intent. It came to my attention that the first attempt was perhaps a little too salivating for internet drama.

I don't words good.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I don't think it'll be any more of a shitshow than usual. Just regular levels of insufferable fanboys, console warriors and the like.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like gaming circa 2010 sealed its fate as a perma shit show. kind of veering OT into the political/social but professors who probably never much played a game in their lives were detailing gamergate with encyclopedic knowledge on NPR a week or three ago

but in the pedestrian sense, yeah 2021 should be nuts in particular

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I saw GameFAQs and Gamespot/IGN boards in the PS3/360 time, now THAT was a horrific time to be on message boards.

It's sometimes frustrating here, but for 99% of what I've seen, people are pleasant and can respect different opinions. And if you compare us to another board like IGN it's a landslide for Era.

People like to nitpick but we'll be fine :)

Ovaryactor

Nov 20, 2018
EDIT:

Let me try to reframe this closer to my original intent. I think ResetERA could see peak Concern Trolling, Driveby Shitposting, and Console Warring at a state never seen since the PS3/360 era. In the end, yes it's just video games and there is so much more important shit to worry about in the world right now.

However, just think about the peak ERAness of 2021. I mean, if you thought the Steve Smash, Microsoft Zenimax and Spidey Face-Gate posts were bad...

I mean 2021 COULD bring.

- Switch 4K Pro revealed.

- Starfield revealed as Xbox ecosystem exclusive. Everybody argues about the differences between FFXVI/Starfield until everyone blue in the face.

- BOTW2 Downgrade/Disappointment/Hype Thread (As with every major exclusive release)

- Halo Infinite Rereveal/Review Thread

- Whatever Fall/Holiday 2021 titles going against each other.

- Monthly NPD sales data. First look at how games perform at $70. How next-gen consoles perform. Game sales vs GamePass thread if sales decline due to rise in price.

- Digital Foundry PS5/XSX|XSS

Could 2021 see the most bans in Othersite/ERA history? (Outside of the exodus of course). This is just purely from an "meltdown" perspective.

It IS just vidya games after all people. Try to take care of yourselves and others. Scary shit is happening now.
Lol posts like these incite exactly what they r talking about.