• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool and all but you character assassinated the king and the three fairies to get across how NOT the mistress of all evil this Maleficent is so what the hell are you tryna pull

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The first movie was mediocre, but not awful. Not sure how I feel about this - I'll wait for trailers and impressions.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
"Evil"
Do they even remember the movie this is a sequel to?

I'm never going to forgive for them neutering the character who's name is meant to mean pure evil.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
some of you really dont use social media huh?

it is not like elle fanning or jolie have kept this as a secret lol

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First movie was terrible. Calling this Mistress of Evil is laughable unless they're actually interested in making her a villain instead of "oh she's just completely misunderstood, she's actually good" horseshit.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
The first movie totally flew under my radar. I watched it a few months ago and Loved the movie. So freaking awesome. I hope they keep up the visual effects in this one.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Maleficent was laughably bad, arguably the worst of Disney's live action efforts...and that's including both Alice films and that Beauty & the Beast abomination.

But hey, it made money, so here we are.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They can announce this 7 months to release...but can't announce Spider-Man: Far From Home with a 2-month release gap after Endgame?!

I'm still bitter we know Spider-Man didn't die forever!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Legit hyped. That poster is dope as hell. Can't wait for the return of the queen.

Maleficent was laughably bad, arguably the worst of Disney's live action efforts...and that's including both Alice films and that Beauty & the Beast abomination.

But hey, it made money, so here we are.
Maleficent was pretty OK. The third act was a bit whack, but at least it stuck the landing.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
also, "Mistress of Evil" sounds like a 70s sexploitation film, like Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS or whatever

It's from the animated movie

"You poor, simple fools,
thinking you could defeat me.
Me, the mistress of all evil!"

Another great line she has in the animated movie

"Now shall you deal|with me, O Prince,
and all the powers of hell!"

The live action movie doesn't have these lines.

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I remember reading this was in development like 4 years ago, but no way in hell did I think it was actually gonna happen...

That being said, the first movie was alright so I'll give this a shot for Jolie.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first one was so disappointing

A woobified Maleficent was not something I needed

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wasn't a big fan of the first one. I'll still see this(like all the stupid live action ones) though.

The 59 Sleeping Beauty is one of my favs btw.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
My point was it was profitable even in unfavourable circumstances. If it had better promotion and a stronger story it could have done far better.
And my point is, that regular profitable and Disney profitable are 2 different things.

IF it had better promotions, IF it had a stronger story....that could be said for almost anything convenient lol

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
She better turn into a fucking dragon here.

And if she doesn't have lines like this then she's not my Maleficent:

maxresdefault.jpg

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
And my point is, that regular profitable and Disney profitable are 2 different things.

IF it had better promotions, IF it had a stronger story....that could be said for almost anything convenient lol

They made a decision for the entire future of the style based on one film that they themselves admit was promoted badly and was nowhere close to the best they'd done. That's my point.

Oct 27, 2017
Can she finally be evil this time with no twists?
Yeah, the first movie had promise but was kneecapped because they felt the need to qualify and explain her evilness very early. And she starts doubting and feeling conflicted about her evil almost immediately.

I hope her gay best crow friend returns.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
It's got Kon Tiki Helmers on it so you already know this is gonna be fire

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, more Sleeping Beauty with rape metaphors.

Like... the first movie was alright, but yeesh, what a take...

Sleepy Beauty has always had rape metaphors. At least Maleficent actually had the guts to say "no, it won't work, that's not true love and true love isn't something only Prince Charming can give you".

It gets a huge pair of thumbs up for that one thing alone and the movie is actually pretty good besides it.