• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Male of female Eivor?

• Male

Votes: 439 52.1%
  • Female

Votes: 403 47.9%

• Total voters

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Let the Animus decide

Yeah this option. That's what I chose. It even says recommended.

Its made me play the female choice everytime though but you can switch back and forth whenever in the animus options which is different to odyssey.
Is she? Someone in another thread told me there wasn't a canon choice? If she's canon then I'll be her when I play.

There is a novel set beforehand I believe which bases it on her.

Also when you choose to let the animus decide who to play as it puts her first. I'm not up to where it switches you yet.

SystemBug

Oct 25, 2017
Male Eivor for me even though I went with Kassandra last time. His voice is so natural and he does such a good job. There's a softness in his voice that's really amplified when he goes into "poet" mode - it's also a softness you don't really see in a lot of male protagonists. Female Eivor just sounds like a "generic badass woman" which imo, has 0 personality

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
Started with Female because Kassandra was so much better than Alexios but after about an hour I just wasn't a big fan of her voice acting so I switched to male was was glad, he was great. Didn't know canon choice was let the animus choose tho.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah, I went male so I could play a Last Kingdom simulator. I know about the Animus choose thing being canon but I wanted the male VA in situations where it would have been the female VA had I gone with that option.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Truthfully I just think the male VA is a lot better. Like worlds apart to be honest. He was great in The Last Kingdom also.

Aug 23, 2018
Male Eivor. Much like Kassandra > Alexios.

But you can change it at anytime in Valhalla unlike Odyssey. It makes it seem like an odd choice for a coherent story but whatevs

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So lets say I pick male. Then I read everything about the story and canon stuff on the internet. Will I still have great gaming and story wise experience where everything makes sense?
You will not have a great story experience no matter what you pick. But if you want the intended experience, pick "Let the Animus Decide". If you don't care about the intended experience then just pick whatever you want. You may be a little confused later though.

OP
OP
fanboy

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
You will not have a great story experience no matter what you pick. But if you want the intended experience, pick "Let the Animus Decide". If you don't care about the intended experience then just pick whatever you want. You may be a little confused later though.

Lol this game, why even make players choose if it may negatively affects experience/story complexity? I havent even started this game and I already hit a first fuck up... never change ubisoft

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I went with male after going Kassandra for Odyssey. I like the voice better and I wanted to play a male this time around.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Once you get used to Female Eivor, the Male one just sounds wrong and comes across like a completely different character. He's too weak to stand side by side to Sigurd.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I tried both voices for an extended period of time and feel pretty strongly about going with Male Eivor. Eivor gets a lot of flowery & philosophical lines that the male VA absolutely crushes. He's a warrior poet basically, and in the moments where the game gets silly or heartfelt or fun you can hear Eivor smiling as he speaks and it's great.

He also excels at the moments of desperation.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the rough valkyrie vibe of female Eivor, but male Eivor has a very unique delivery to his lines from what I have heard. I might end up switching to him.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
For odyssey i went for the vastly superior Kassandra but for valhalla i went for male eivor, i just liked his look more.
And his voice actor is pretty great.

BTW, as a swede Eivor is a fucking terrible name that will forever be associated with mean school lunch laides, i want a mod that replaces that awful name.

Last edited:

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They both did a fantastic job this time. I stayed with female eivor just because her voice is very endearing during the sillier sections of the game.

I didn't really like her performance at first, but it definitely gets better once you get past the prologue.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've heard good things about male Eivor, especially compared to Alexios, but I went for female Eivor and haven't looked back. She's fantastic. I think her VA really pulls off the sincere moments well.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Male Eivor's voice actor is fantastic so I choose him but female is good too and also totally canon.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I chose female, but it's awesome to see both voice actors seem to give a solid performance.

When I did try switching to male Eivor, it was certainly a good voice, but 20+ hours into my save I was used to female Eivor's voice and delivery, it was hard to imagine it any other way.

Definitely a solid step up from the terrible (though honestly, great for a cartoony villain) voice Alexios had in Odyssey.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Let the Animus decide.

Choosing one over the other just doesnt make much sense storywise. If you have to choose: Female Eivor is very obviously the canon one for 90% of the game, with the Option to chose a male Version for those parts seemingly forced into the game later in the process because, as we now know, Ubi didnt want exclusively female Main characters.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Male. He's really great in this one. Really like his voice as well. Especially when he plays those rhyming games.

Oct 25, 2017
You can do both, but Valhalla is the opposite of Odyssey in that the male protagonist's voice acting is significantly better than the female protagonist's voice acting. To be clear, Cecilie Stenspil did a fine job with female Eivor, very good even, but Bruun turned in one of my favorite VA performances in years.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want to spoil the thing around the Animus Choice option or whatever? I don't have any intention to play the game personally, but I'm curious about that.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I normally don't like when games give you an option. I just always prefer a character that was already designed and had the world built around him or her but Kassandra was dope as hell. Her and Batak were great.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Female Eivor is canon, as determined by the prequel comics being based on female Eivor.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I went with Kassandra for Odyssey so in this one I went with male Eivor just for the sake of changing

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to spoil the thing around the Animus Choice option or whatever? I don't have any intention to play the game personally, but I'm curious about that.

The Isu story involves a group of Isu, in this case representred as the Aesir, discovering how to reincarnate themselves in human form in order to survive the great catastrophe, in this represented as Ragnarok. Eivor, a Norse woman, is the reincarnated Odin, sharing his memories, traits, and a great deal of his genetic material. The Animus recognizes DNA from Odin and Eivor, and the male Eivor looks kind of like an amalgamation of the female Eivor and Odin character models.

Last edited:

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I started with female Eivor after enjoying Kassandra so much as Odyssey protagonist. I switched to male Eivor halfway through and much preferred his line delivery and voice

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this option. That's what I chose. It even says recommended.

Its made me play the female choice everytime though but you can switch back and forth whenever in the animus options which is different to odyssey.

There is a novel set beforehand I believe which bases it on her.

Also when you choose to let the animus decide who to play as it puts her first. I'm not up to where it switches you yet.
Nah. Male eivor voice actor is from the last kingdom. Easy choice

Ă„lg

Banned
May 13, 2018
I chose dude Eivor because I'm a dude. Really liking his voice actor so far.

Just watch some youtube videos to decide which voice actor your prefer, the choice is meaningless beyond that.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing as female but I don't really like her voice I think I'm going to switch to make

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Both Voice Actors sound pretty solid to me. Though whenever a game gives me a choice, I prefer playing as the female character just in general.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
The German male VA sounded better to me, and I got attached to male Eivor during my playthrough (though Eivor sounds like a female name). I think letting the Animus decide would kinda hurt the relationship you have to the character, if it keeps changing from female to male and than back to female randomly. Ultimately, It doesn't really matter what you choose (as opposed to the previous game where Cassandra was considered to be cannon).

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Male.

I don't usually ever play as females in games, and Eivor fits the mold of buff/brutish Vikings that I have in my head~