• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
www.google.com

Makoto Shinkai's New Movie Revealed

Called Suzume no Tojimari, the animated feature will be released next fall in Japan

Makoto Shinkai, the writer and director of Your Name, has revealed his latest project. It's called Suzume no Tojimari (Suzume Locking Up The Doors), and it will be released in Japan in fall 2022.

Suzume no Tojimari follows a 17-year-old girl named Suzume who lives in a quiet town in Kyushu. Her life changes one day when a young traveler tells her he's looking for a door. She follows the young man into the mountains, where there's an old door surrounded by modern ruins. This begins her mysterious journey.

Shinkai is once again writing and directing the film. Masayoshi Tanaka, who previously collaborated with Shinkai on Your Name and Weathering with You, will be designing the characters. Kenichi Tsuchiya is working as the picture's animation director, and Takumi Tanji is the art director. Both previously worked on Your Name.

6pugw0su7o581.jpg

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I believe there was a thread posted for this earlier in the morning fyi.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
fall 2022 for japan. so i probably won't get to see it until 2023/2024. i'm happy there is a new movie but can't get too excited just yet.

why not do a worldwide release and put subtitles on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.