• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
A racist fuck wrote on the blackboard "Go back to your country" to my 8th grade math teacher. I still cannot believe he did not get expelled. Absolutely infuriating.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I remember in middle school our Spanish teacher quit halfway through the year, so they brought in a brand new teacher who had never taught her own class before. She was uncomfortable and didn't have command over the class, which is to be expected of a new teacher.

Kids were yelling horrible, racist things at her. It was probably 5 or 6 kids so she couldn't even talk over them. There was this kid in the class who was fully fluent in Spanish, and he joined in, saying the insulting/racist things *in spanish* and this pushed her to where she just sat in the chair and cried. A few minutes later the bell rang and we left.

I truly do not think anyone got punished for that. It was one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. Middle schoolers might actually be the worst collection of people there are on the planet. If I was walking down the street and in one direction was a bunch of mutant space aliens, and in the other direction are a bunch of middle schoolers laughing, I'll take my chances with the aliens.

Oct 25, 2017
This racist Sarah Palin stan who taught at my Christian school in the south cried after an outcast white kid called her a bitch. MAGA on MAGA crime. I laughed.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It happened once that I can remember with a supply teacher in music, kids were literally leaping over the desks and throwing chairs around. They wrote a letter to everyone's parents

Oct 25, 2017
Got the ruler used on me once in the 3rd grade. Definitely feel a type of way about that, but I can admit that I was a shitty kid growing up, never got singled out like that again by a teacher.

Been in the room for collective yelling when the class wouldn't stop talking all years.

Our pregnant biology teacher traded us when there was a fight in class when we had a substitute. Basically a kid had something stolen from him and started screaming at the class, one girl started yelling back, he attacked her.

But yeah, I would've done a lot differently if I could back then, but I feel like somethings on the teachers part could be called out on.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
My 4th grade teacher sent in to be considered as an astronaut for the Challenger. When the shuttle blew up, we came in from lunch and she was sitting at her desk crying. Than a kid said "Too bad you didn't win that contest!". She was upset at the time, I remember thinking that she was going to hit him. Instead she screamed at him to go to the office and then put her head down on her desk and cried for about 15 minutes straight and no one said a goddamn word the entire time.

That is so fucked up

Oct 25, 2017
My 4th grade teacher sent in to be considered as an astronaut for the Challenger. When the shuttle blew up, we came in from lunch and she was sitting at her desk crying. Than a kid said "Too bad you didn't win that contest!". She was upset at the time, I remember thinking that she was going to hit him. Instead she screamed at him to go to the office and then put her head down on her desk and cried for about 15 minutes straight and no one said a goddamn word the entire time.
Goddamn.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
I remember in middle school our Spanish teacher quit halfway through the year, so they brought in a brand new teacher who had never taught her own class before. She was uncomfortable and didn't have command over the class, which is to be expected of a new teacher.

Kids were yelling horrible, racist things at her. It was probably 5 or 6 kids so she couldn't even talk over them. There was this kid in the class who was fully fluent in Spanish, and he joined in, saying the insulting/racist things *in spanish* and this pushed her to where she just sat in the chair and cried. A few minutes later the bell rang and we left.

I truly do not think anyone got punished for that. It was one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. Middle schoolers might actually be the worst collection of people there are on the planet. If I was walking down the street and in one direction was a bunch of mutant space aliens, and in the other direction are a bunch of middle schoolers laughing, I'll take my chances with the aliens.
More like what the f is wrong with your middle school? Not too long ago, I taught teens with terrible backgrounds (young asylum seekers who are now here without their parents!) and never had an incident as horrible as you described.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
5 years teaching so far. Never cried in my classroom or at my desk, but definitely lost my cool a couple of times due to kids doing stupid shit.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What the hell was school like for you for any of this to be new information.

I'm baffled so many of my classmates became teachers. I'm like motherfucker you know how we were with that sub.
Honestly thinking back, I remember a few problematic children - and that's certainly expected going into the profession - but never a situation where the teacher broke down and cried.

It's not new information. Just jarring to see how many people actually have experiences where this happened.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Not me or my Class but class A (we were B). I dont remember the year and how old we were, but it was highschool. Probably 15-16 yo in year 10 or 11.
Our class B were the peaceful ones (not perfect angels either, we also had a few troublemakers). Class A had the worst guys though. There was some kind of rivalry between the 2 classes with not usually mixing between both.
So our french teacher had a face similar to a bulldog, all the school joke about that but never to her face. So here comes Class A one day and the teacher was already stressed that day from what i remembered (our class went first), so class A decided that day that when she go angry they started to bark like dogs, the whole class from what the stories say (i dont believe some of the more innocent students in that class did if i have to be frank). The teacher went running out of the room crying and didnt come the next day.
That year, a completely different incident (funnily caused by one of my friends that usually was super good) promt the school to expell every troublemaker from both classes as they were not finding the real culprit (the incident was pretty big, witha water hose in the kitchen extractor during a whole night that made the kitchen and dining room flood lol). This was a private school so it was not easy to expel kids from school, so this was a big thing happening. After the school foubd that it was my friend, they just expelled him a day with a warning and were surprised it was him (the rumour says thry were actually grateful they finally had the excuse to expell all the student they always wanted so thats why he didnt really got into much trouble).

The next year the the school separated both classes into science and arts groups, but as the science group was much bigger it was basically 20 students in one class and 5 in the other.
So it was basically a union of the kids in class A and class B finally, ending the rivalry and everyone becoming better friends and zero troublemaking. The only 2 guys at the arts class were me and a friend, and because the art class were 4 troublemaker girls, the school decided to actually make us part of the science class during tutor times and mixed lessons, which was very cool from their part because we could be wit our friends most of the time without being excluded.

But yeah, that shows troublemakers in classe can be some of the worst people, making whole groups of students that are not usually bad inti being part of a herd.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell was school like for you for any of this to be new information.

I'm baffled so many of my classmates became teachers. I'm like motherfucker you know how we were with that sub.

Teaching has a huge emotional frequency range. The worst parts suck but the best parts are wonderful.

Prior to teaching I worked in policy for government. It was never terrible and never great. That kind of vibe suits some people but I prefer the roller coaster of teaching for now. Maybe when I'm older I'll go back to the safe, vanilla yoghurt life of the civil service and take it easy.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I remember one time when a teacher cried. It was in 10th grade, so we were probably around 15-16 years old. I don't remember it that well, but it wasn't because of anyone attacking her, but because everyone were just talking loudly all the time, so she just started crying and ran out the door. We were all shocked at it and felt guilty right away, and I think one or 2 people went after her to apoligize, one of them being the guy that is always the loudest.

Oct 27, 2017
I made my 9th grade English teacher cry.

The assignment was to create a map of a fictional nation. Talk about the land, the exports, the people.

I came up with Marleyville, which were grasslands. They exported certain types of exotic grass and the people were generally happy, laid back and easy going.

She broke down over the dangers of pot and drugs and its influence over her class kids. It sucked because I put 5x more effort into that map than I ever put into any art aspect of projects.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
You got belted for no reason and you still think belting is okay and teachers are always right to do it?
That's a misrepresentation. Back then parents trusted the teacher as a professional, whereas now they often trust their teenager and assume the teacher is lying before even speaking to them, e.g. when the teen tells their parents they did hand in that work which was graded as missing, or claim they weren't told about X or Y, etc. As for the corporal punishment, we all knew the boundaries, and that example I gave I look back on with humor at how the older kid played the situation.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I made my 9th grade English teacher cry.

The assignment was to create a map of a fictional nation. Talk about the land, the exports, the people.

I came up with Marleyville, which were grasslands. They exported certain types of exotic grass and the people were generally happy, laid back and easy going.

She broke down over the dangers of pot and drugs and its influence over her class kids. It sucked because I put 5x more effort into that map than I ever put into any art aspect of projects.
Damn, that's a buzzkill.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017

Holy shit, missed that one the first time around! Call Rick James on the ghost phone because that one is fucking cold blooded in my dictionary!

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of the "high school bully" I had that wasn't a bully to the kids and was actually one of the nicest kids to basically everyone except for the adults in the school. I witnessed him make several teachers cry, but I - and everyone else in the school - always got along with him super well. In fact I was bullied a bit by some other assholes and he usually helped me out with it. I think he had some fucked up parental issues that may have been the root cause here thinking back on it. I ran into him at a publix about 5 years ago and we chit chatted a bit, and he actually brought up his issues as a teenager and talked about how he's trying to do better by everyone as an adult. So at least he has some kind of empathy going on in there. He's still super nice.

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
I feel bad for Canadian French teachers. Any class I've been in the students just harassed the shit out of the teacher and when I was in grade 6 the class drove our teacher to her breaking point, she screamed incoherently, chucked the chalk across the room and threw her cart into the hallway with all the teaching supplies smashing all over the place, then ran off screaming. She didn't come back. Because she taught us french the class was just constantly chaos.

Apr 25, 2020
I would've thought teachers in America go through enough draining bullshit without putting up with hurtful little shits in the actual classroom as well.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
We had a kid in my 5th-grade class that we clearly had autism but at the time it wasn't recognized the same way it is today. He would go in the closet and just sit there and wouldn't come out. Our teacher was a 1st-year teacher and just having to try to deal with that kid day in and day out made her eventually breakdown. She ran out of the room crying and actually never returned. Sucked for her. She was very nice.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
We use to play this game in advisory. It was like hot potato, you couldn't hold the bean bag for more than 3 seconds or you were out, if you didn't catch it you were out. We had some football players in class throwing it as hard as possible at each other. Our advisor walked by and got clipped in the throat. She cried silently. It was horrible.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
In 7th grade, I had a teacher the whole class hated, and we were no saints to begin with.

Around Christmas time, she decided to read "The Polar Express" to us at the end of the day. We were a little old to be getting read to and no one was really having it. Now, for those that don't know, the Polar Express ends with the main character receiving a special bell from Santa. If you can hear the ring of the bell, you still believe in the magic of Christmas. As the main character gets older, fewer and fewer of his friends and family can hear the bell when it rings, but he always does. Throughout the story, the class wans't paying attention at all, but we DID pay attention when our teacher began to tear up at the end, apologize, and say she just missed the magic of Christmas so much.

A week later, right before Christmas Break, a couple of kids bought a bunch of bells and removed the ringing portion. They passed them out to the whole class and at 10 a.m. everyone brought them out and pretended they could hear them. I don't think i've ever seen anyone reduced to tears so fast. Man, teenagers are little shits.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
One time I wrote "short bitch" on the white board where it was out of reach for a shorter math teacher, and he ran out of the room crying. The same teacher went on to get arrested for having sex with a student, so I'm pretty sure I came out karma neutral on that one.

Oct 28, 2017
In a higher Geography class, this guy started getting really aggressive with the teacher when she corrected him over something he was stating that was wrong. Something to do with population graphs, objective shit you can't wrangle with.

He got up and start squaring up to her, and she was a small, mid-50's woman. Had to get up and stop him, and he ended up flipping his desk and smashing his chair off the floor in a rage. He left the room and the teacher was just sobbing. Everyone else in class decided to leave and give the teacher room. Stayed back and made sure she was alright, and she was thankful as fuck for it.

Wish I still had her contact details, because I always told her I'd one day visit some form of limestone cave since I quite enjoyed learning about them in class. Ended up adventuring a lot of caves in Slovakia. Just can't show her that I eventually did, shame.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a distressing reminder of how absolutely horrible and shitty people are.

No one should be crying in a school. We live in a fucked up society.

Oct 28, 2017
I remember one kid in particular was terrible. One day, he pushed a teacher down the stairs in a hallway. Admittedly, it wasn't a particularly long set of steps. To everyone's surprise, he was allowed to return to school shortly after.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I accidentally made my P2 teacher cry in shock because I brought a huge spider in a jam jar as part of show and tell, and she had a terrible fear of spiders. I was only 6 and didn't release that spiders were something you could be afraid of. She calmed down after awhile and luckily still liked me afterwards

Unspoken90

Oct 28, 2017
My highschool English teacher had a problem, so usually kids would just yell mean things behind her back. But one day it escalated to some kids throwing stuff at her, and she broke down and left the room.

I felt so bad about that, because she was such a nice lady.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure a lot of crying behind closed doors but the only one I've seen in-classroom was our high school Biology teacher, many many times. My classmates were ruthless in pulling pranks on her and just generally being demeaning, often pulling her family members into the insults. It got to the point where, not even being involved, I was going to get put on sports probation if I didn't narc on the kids pulling the pranks. Called the bluff and didn't get put on probation, but in retrospect those kids were assholes and I should have just narc'd on em.

Kids are nasty, when they smell weakness they just relentlessly attack. The same kids never went after other teachers if the teacher held fast the first time they pulled shit.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In year 9 we had a French teacher from France on an exchange program, she lasted one term and broke down crying multiple times. Was not prepared for just how shittily behaved British kids can be.

Soilbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
USA

GOTDAMN ruthless.

Mar 30, 2019
I never really saw teachers cry in elementary or middle school. It was really high school when things went south a few times. For context, I attended a private all-boys school for my last 3 years.

One instance was a younger woman teacher in history class. She was pretty attractive and was continually jeered and hit on by the usual suspects in class. It skirted and even crossed the line into sexual harassment, but nothing came of it when leadership became involved.

She eventually broke down after trying to erase the whiteboard of a dog drawing in dry erase. It was done in such a way that the erasable lines of the dog revealed it was a penis drawing in permanent marker. The class couldn't help but erupt in laughter and she was embarrassed over the loss of control. She didn't quit that day but she didn't stay around much longer after.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Jesus, some of y'all came up in horrid environments.

In eighth grade, some of my classmates engaged in some antisemitic "pranks" toward our science teacher that I won't dignify by describing here. I didn't participate, but I didn't discourage either, because middle schoolers are terrible. It took her a while to piece together that her students were being hateful, but she did start tearing up once it clicked for her. Other than that, I don't think any of my teachers have ever cried in front of me as a result of something a student did.

I've been a teacher for three years now and I've never been made to cry by one of my students. I've had at least two students call me a bad teacher to my face, but I was able to shake those situations off because they were clearly in the wrong/upset about their poor grades which resulted from them not bothering to turn in work. All of my negative crying related to teaching has been a result of stress caused by the other associated responsibilities of teaching. I cried the other day because it finally dawned on me just how daunting a task it is to keep in touch with parents during the pandemic and that my entire career rests on these strangers picking up the damned phone.

I've also had positive crying experiences in front of my students (laughing, reacting to material/discussion, affirming positive feedback, graduation), but those are pretty rare.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
As I teacher in a city school system...I could not make it past the 10th post. This is not an easy job. Honestly, I don't know why I even came into this thread. I swear, without even joking, teachers develop some sort of PTSD. It can be straight up dangerous working in some schools. It can feel like your adrenaline is pumping for hours at a time without a break. You are on high alert, like you're watching a car crash, except it happens all period, for 45 mins...then all over again for the next class...then the next class..then the next class...then you have your "prep" or lunch break and you sit there for 20 minutes staring a the wall with a blank stare because your brain is wound up into a pretzel and your entire body has been on crisis aversion high-alert emergency mode for the past 3 hours straight. By the time you start to finally feel normal again, the next class is barreling its way down the hall into your room for another few hours and you realize you didn't even finish your lunch or "do" anything during your break to prepare. Vast majority of teachers don't make it past their 5th year. It is obvious why that is the case.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't in the class but some friends said an middle school English teacher blamed a then-recent miscarriage on their class.

In high school my Spanish 2 teacher broke down because she was worried she'd be fired and we wouldn't support her "side." She was a great teacher in Spanish 1 the previous semester, but it was clear early on in 2 something off as she stopped caring about everything. Eventually the higher-ups did some digging and recognized this was a pattern with her previous schools and she quit before they could fire her. Her final "gift" to the class was a high level college final exam that the school had to waive because everyone scored in the 30s.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Don't remember having any teachers who broke down crying. I remember having a lot of teachers who made their students cry tho.

I do think a lot my teachers were depressed. Especially the male teachers I had. Quite a few of them would teach the class, and leave us to do classwork while they sat at their desk basically...doing nothing. They didn't talk about themselves, or joke around, or anything. If you asked them how they were doing, they would often just say fine, and ask you go sit down.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Man i used to hate that shit.

I wasn't even like a teachers pet or nothing, and I had my fair share of moments in class where I wouldn't shut up and got detention or told to shut up, but I just remember some of the really nice teachers got taken advantage off.

New maths teacher who was super young couldn't control our class, moment happened where everyone started singing old mcdonald, and this super quiet really nice teacher just absolute screamed at the top of her lungs for us to shut up and just started crying her eyes out.

Head teacher immediately came in and managed to shut everyone the fuck up.

One dude i remember even went into a teachers purse when she wasn't looking and took some money from her. Thankfully he got found out. Dude thought he was being funny as fuck, nobody did and the teacher got upset and then another more senior teacher came in and absolutely tore into the student. Student cried which was hillarious because he thought he was the dogs bollocks but didnt realise nobody liked him

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
in high school a teacher pestered some kid about not going to graduation, the kid said "is graduating high school any sort of accomplishment?". Teacher got so irate and flustered they started crying and blubbering some nonsense no one could understand

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I was 11, or 12 and there was this geography teacher who was rude and mean to everyone. she had multiple complaints in the education board. So we were in class and she passed an assignment, and told the class that we should not ask her which definition of an specific word was the right one for the assignment in the dictionary, because it was obvious and we were not stupid.
Of course, I had a doubt about that and went there to ask her. She called the attention of the whole class and told them "see, one stupid person came up and asked something obvious". Then she said she felt sorry for my mom, and that broke me. I told her I felt sorry for her kids, and refused to sit down. She got up to write in the board, and I kept following her and telling her I was not going to site down.
She wrote a slip for me for my parents to sign saying I was being disrespectful, I tore it in front of her and threw it in the trash. She wrote another, i tore it again. Then she called a school inspector to take me out, and when the inspector came I said loudly "NOW THAT THE INSPECTOR IS HERE i WILL LEAVE" and then I left.

I got no punishment, they had so may complaints about her that they just sent me home to cool down, and asked me to not engage next time. I had a very god relationship with the school administration, so that helped.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In 7th grade, I had a teacher the whole class hated, and we were no saints to begin with.

Around Christmas time, she decided to read "The Polar Express" to us at the end of the day. We were a little old to be getting read to and no one was really having it. Now, for those that don't know, the Polar Express ends with the main character receiving a special bell from Santa. If you can hear the ring of the bell, you still believe in the magic of Christmas. As the main character gets older, fewer and fewer of his friends and family can hear the bell when it rings, but he always does. Throughout the story, the class wans't paying attention at all, but we DID pay attention when our teacher began to tear up at the end, apologize, and say she just missed the magic of Christmas so much.

A week later, right before Christmas Break, a couple of kids bought a bunch of bells and removed the ringing portion. They passed them out to the whole class and at 10 a.m. everyone brought them out and pretended they could hear them. I don't think i've ever seen anyone reduced to tears so fast. Man, teenagers are little shits.
The organized cruelty on display here is really getting to me. Sheesh.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
After a particularly grueling set of bastardo burpees that our middle school football coach inflicted on us as punishment for losing a game against our local rival, I told the coach that he was a little man who failed at every dream he ever had and that he deserved his fate of being a football coach of a losing team at a nowhere middle school in a nowhere town and that he would die there, alone and unloved. He started to scream, cry, and spit everywhere like that meme with the lady screaming at the cat and told me to run laps. I refused to participate in any more voluntary punishment, he kicked me off the team, I got put into detention. He later called my mother and cried, saying he had no idea what to do with me. I was ordered by the school district not to create a hostile work environment for the coach any more or I would be suspended.

Edited to add: I am not proud of this.

Last edited: