• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Went crazy on a sale and just bought:

ORG Skincare mineral peel face x2
Cute Balms Macaroon (Macaron?) Due Lip Balm x3
Marrakesh Short Hair Tin x3
LaTweez Tweezer x1
Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish x3
ESYM Yoga Mat Spray x3
Summer & Rose Candle Trio x1
Issac Mizrahi Packing Cube Set x1
Kate Spade Larabee Mug x1
Created Co Coffee Mug x2
Craft Weaving Loom x1
Whish Coconut Milk CC Body Cream x1
Palmetto Charcoal Mask x3
Aquis Luxe Lisse Hair Towel x1
Pink Salt Kit x3
Whish Blueberry Shave x1
African Botanics Shower Cream x1
NuMe Curling Wand x1
ISH Face Primer x1
Marula Facial Oil x1
R+Co Tinsel Smoothing Oil x1

I know they're not all makeup and beauty but...<3

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Whoa. That's a ton. I hope you got a good deal on it.

My usual modus operandi is to only buy one or two things at a time so I can see how well they interact with my current routine.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Yeah most of it is gift giving, though I'm keeping a few items that I really wanted. It was a really amazing sale and some of the items on there I absolutely love (like the ORG Skincare mineral peel, which I got for $14 a bottle :D.)

I'm pretty lazy in my routine so I don't have much trouble there. For hair care products I have my favorite shampoos/conditioners/leave in treatments, but I'm always down to try a new hair oil. I really like shu umera (sp?) but TBH found it a little too pricey normally.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Cool thread. I don't know too much about this stuff, being an average guy that I am (then again, some women have been surprised how much I seem to know), but I have a small fascination about it. Besides, some of info here is good generally better skin care. So yeah, curious to see what I can learn.

futurememory

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, I've been wondering about what to look for in lipstick. That's the one cosmetic I own the least of and am least familiar with. I'm curious, but right now I'm stuck at the part where I figure out what I should pick. Color/shade/brand/etc.

Lipstick is probably the only cosmetic I know anything about! As far as what you can get at a regular old pharmacy, I really like Nyx (their Soft Matte Lip Cremes are some of my favorites; Prague is an autumn favorite) and Milani (their Metallic Mattes!). Liquid matte lipstick has been in for a minute now, and it. does. not. budge. It can last extremely well through low-oil meals, and the colors are so much fun. It can really, really dry out your lips though, and if your lips are wrinkly, it can accentuate that.

I'd recommend ColourPop for lipstick. They have a huge variety of colors, and they have several different finishes. Word is that they actually are the factory that does those ridiculous Kylie Jenner lip product kids. And they're really cheap for lipstick, around $6. On me (I'm a ridiculously pale olive, as in, drop of olive oil in a pool of water), their colors tend to trend a lot DARKER than what they look like in the tube. But the lasting power is great, and I always get compliments. They have little sample kits, so I would recommend investing in one of those and going to town.

On my skin, the berry family works really well, as do roses and browns. I looooove autumn for lipstick because the more dramatic/vampy colors come out to play.

futurememory

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the 2x post but OPI's holiday colors are here!

Definitely getting Top the Package with a Beau, Feel the Chemis-tree, Wanna Wrap?, and Coalmates, and I will have to see some beautytube swatches of the other colors before I decide.

Also, sorry to double post, but UNF. Nail polish is one of my other vices (wearing Essie's Dressed to the Nineties right now, wish the shimmer came out better except in just direct sunlight). Top the Package with a Beau and Coalmates are calling to me SO HARD.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
PixelParty - ooh I LOVE OPI :). They have some of the prettiest polishes.

On an off note - anyone here use Olaplex? I heard it's marketed mostly towards people with color treated hair, but I'm wondering how it is as a regular hair treatment thing.

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thread. I don't know too much about this stuff, being an average guy that I am (then again, some women have been surprised how much I seem to know), but I have a small fascination about it. Besides, some of info here is good generally better skin care. So yeah, curious to see what I can learn.

Lesson 1: Nail polish is awesome and more men should try it. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of nail polish, I am running out of Obsessive Compulsive top coat, and Sephora doesn't stock it anymore. I have a VIB discount I can use this month so it's a good time to try something new. For me, durability is secondary to the gloss factor, as I find it can obscure a multitude of touch-ups - if you have any gel-look topcoat suggestions, let me know! Thanks.

PixelParty

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of nail polish, I am running out of Obsessive Compulsive top coat, and Sephora doesn't stock it anymore. I have a VIB discount I can use this month so it's a good time to try something new. For me, durability is secondary to the gloss factor, as I find it can obscure a multitude of touch-ups - if you have any gel-look topcoat suggestions, let me know! Thanks.

I have been trying out Cuccio High Gloss Top Coat, and am pretty pleased with it so far. I've done 4 different polishes with it, they have lasted 4+ days each time. I am also using their base coat.

SIDENOTE: OPI's new Infinite Shine polishes are HOT GARBAGE! I got the whole "kit" from Ulta (base + polish + top) and it didn't last one day before looks like crap, so back it went. Just get the normal nail color, peeps.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
For us with slightly oilier skin, any setting spray recommendations? I like using a BB Cream or liquid mousse foundation, but the non-matte ones are a mess, and if i do too much coverage, matte looks bad after just 3 hours after applying, and then I have to fudge with my powder compact or remove it all and... yeah.

I've heard Mac Prime works wonders, and one of my coworkers swears by it, but I don't know if I want to spend 25+ dollars on glorified water. Any tips?

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
For us with slightly oilier skin, any setting spray recommendations? I like using a BB Cream or liquid mousse foundation, but the non-matte ones are a mess, and if i do too much coverage, matte looks bad after just 3 hours after applying, and then I have to fudge with my powder compact or remove it all and... yeah.

I've heard Mac Prime works wonders, and one of my coworkers swears by it, but I don't know if I want to spend 25+ dollars on glorified water. Any tips?

Why not try oil blotting sheets? They're pretty popular and useful.

I like the Asian ones with a bit of powder on them, but tbh any of the rice paper like consistency ones work the best for oily skin. Just be sure to blot and not rub. When I went to Japan I got Yojiya Aburatorigami, which are nice.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Why not try oil blotting sheets? They're pretty popular and useful.

I like the Asian ones with a bit of powder on them, but tbh any of the rice paper like consistency ones work the best for oily skin. Just be sure to blot and not rub.
I've tried the mineral oil ones and the rice paper ones... they blot okay, and I try not to smudge, but I guess I'm too oily for it to be effective. It's like, there's just too much after even an hour that without even pressing hard, it ruins my makeup.

Gross trigger warning, but not NSFW. You HAVE been warned: yeah...

Help ; _ ; BTW, I go through a pack of these sheets every 2 weeks.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Went crazy on a sale and just bought:

ORG Skincare mineral peel face x2
Cute Balms Macaroon (Macaron?) Due Lip Balm x3
Marrakesh Short Hair Tin x3
LaTweez Tweezer x1
Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish x3
ESYM Yoga Mat Spray x3
Summer & Rose Candle Trio x1
Issac Mizrahi Packing Cube Set x1
Kate Spade Larabee Mug x1
Created Co Coffee Mug x2
Craft Weaving Loom x1
Whish Coconut Milk CC Body Cream x1
Palmetto Charcoal Mask x3
Aquis Luxe Lisse Hair Towel x1
Pink Salt Kit x3
Whish Blueberry Shave x1
African Botanics Shower Cream x1
NuMe Curling Wand x1
ISH Face Primer x1
Marula Facial Oil x1
R+Co Tinsel Smoothing Oil x1

I know they're not all makeup and beauty but...<3

That's a lot of stuff. The exciting feeling of buying new stuff :3

I went through my make-up yesterday and threw the old ones away. I should be shopping today and bring some make-up and skin care products.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Lesson 1: Nail polish is awesome and more men should try it. :)

Ha. Wouldn't try it myself. I just like to know bits about the process, sometimes the why, etc. Wouldn't use anything outside of skinscare products myself, and even those are unlikely purely because how expensive some of the stuff can get. As a typical guy, I keep things fairly simple. Moisturiser/hand cream. Not even hair product (used to use lots when I had a certain look going on). Besides water is a cure all when it comes to skin... Which I should definitely have more of!

As far as hair goes, I've tried egg application once. Was messy enough to not want to do it again.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I've tried the mineral oil ones and the rice paper ones... they blot okay, and I try not to smudge, but I guess I'm too oily for it to be effective. It's like, there's just too much after even an hour that without even pressing hard, it ruins my makeup.

Gross trigger warning, but not NSFW. You HAVE been warned: yeah...

Help ; _ ; BTW, I go through a pack of these sheets every 2 weeks.

Well it's possible you're overwashing your face, thus triggering more oil production. I've heard that before but don't know if it's true or not (Leona over at the Skincare thread might know!). Too dry == more oil?

Also, that's not too insane. I don't like that brand; anything that's blue and plasticky is a no go for me. But I don't wear enough foundation for it to get ruined with the patting. You may have look into shine control powders.

That's a lot of stuff. The exciting feeling of buying new stuff :3

I went through my make-up yesterday and threw the old ones away. I should be shopping today and bring some make-up and skin care products.

Do you also toss out all your products over a year old? I used to not but I don't want bacteria so...:(

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
I was in Sephora and discovered Shu Uemura had a Super Mario Bros themed collection so now I have a lip tint with Fire Flowers on it. In a colour that's a bit bold for me. I may regret this purchase.

I also discovered a nail polish indie that had a D.Va and Lucio (my mains in Overwatch) inspired polishes but they are sold out. :(

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Do you also toss out all your products over a year old? I used to not but I don't want bacteria so...:(

You make it sound like it's bad to toss out your make up? Isn't it better to toss your make-up after a while?

It's not something I usually do. It is something I started doing just recently. Not knowing how long my make-up has been around and wanting to buy new stuff to experiment. This is what I ended up buying yesterday:

6lANb.JPG

So far I'm happy with the lipsticks and nail colours. The eye shadow is barely visible and it's probably me not knowing how to use them properly. I'll give the facial wash and peeling mask a try today :D

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
You make it sound like it's bad to toss out your make up? Isn't it better to toss your make-up after a while?

It's not something I usually do. It is something I started doing just recently. Not knowing how long my make-up has been around and wanting to buy new stuff to experiment. This is what I ended up buying yesterday:

6lANb.JPG

So far I'm happy with the lipsticks and nail colours. The eye shadow is barely visible and it's probably me not knowing how to use them properly. I'll give the facial wash and peeling mask a try today :D

Ooh I like that palette for eyeshadow. Looks like a really nice subtle smokey palette. Also, <3 cucumber masks. They always feel so nice.

(& yeah you're supposed to toss out your makeup but I hate throwing stuff away. It just sits there. :<)

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
So I've had some trouble with my foundation creasing and accepted the fact that I've just been wearing too much. It's weird because I never had this problem in the past (I've been using the same foundation for a while), and I don't know if it's a sign of my skin changing or just being more attentive of what's on my face. I've always been pretty insecure with my problem areas, and after introducing concealer to my routine I think I need to just embrace some of my skin imperfections. I was significantly happier with my results after using half of what I normally use on my face.

For anyone that's used it, what's your opinion on Glossier? I've read mixed reviews, but I might try out their foundation and concealer since my skin isn't that problematic.

Also, can we recommend subscription boxes? Because I think everyone who's a big makeup user should subscribe to Boxycharm. Saved me many Sephora trips and introduced me to a lot of cool products.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Ooh I like that palette for eyeshadow. Looks like a really nice subtle smokey palette. Also, <3 cucumber masks. They always feel so nice.

(& yeah you're supposed to toss out your makeup but I hate throwing stuff away. It just sits there. :<)

I can't seem to know how to use eyeshadows though. The light ones are barely visible. And when combining different colours, they don't look good together. Is there a certain way to use them correctly?

My first impression of the peeling mask: pretty positive but not sure if it's making any noticeable improvements. My skin has been looking good for a while but I have been using a cleanser, face wash and a moisterizor a week before the peeling mask. I can't tell what is having the most effect on my skin.

Haha. Believe me. I'm just like this. But I am trying to get better at throwing stuff in an effort to take care of myself more ;)

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I can't seem to know how to use eyeshadows though. The light ones are barely visible. And when combining different colours, they don't look good together. Is there a certain way to use them correctly?
Some eyeshadow tutorials on youtube might help in terms of application; I haven't seen too many but they all seem pretty comparable to me.

Using some sort of primer is also supposed to both make eyeshadow more vibrant and also last longer. I use the one from urban decay, but I think Too Faced is supposed to have a decent one and I've heard that the elf one is basically a dupe for the UD.

Finally, some eyeshadows just suck...cheaper ones tend to have less payoff. You can try playing with applying it wet or with your finger vs a brush.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
RpgN - I'm not too good with fancy eyeshadows. I'd recommend youtube beauty bloggers for that, like what meow said. I do basic two color blends with golds and browns, as I have black eyes and those colors work well on my skin to give me a neutral look.

Re: the masks - yeah ionno if masks do THAT much TBH. I notice a bigger effect with hair masques. But, it's more of a psychological thing I think, to pamper. I enjoy the facial mask, the long warm bath with my Kindle, the scent diffusers... just being warm and cozy and feeling nice. It's very relaxing.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017

If you pay close attention to make up video tutorials, matte light eyeshadows are barely visible even in the most expensive palettes. With the shimmery ones you will see more color (I prefer shimmery eyeshadows, even though they aren't the most ''in'' style). But you can also use a eye primer/white concealer (good for pastels and neons)/wet brush (in toner or water) to obtain more color.

About the color combinations there isn't much of a rule, but you can try certain combos that would make sense in other stuff, like gold and brown, black and blue, pink and brown, copper and green...

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I have a question: I am trying to take care of my skin better, but most advice I see is that you should reapply sunscreen at least once a day. I usually stay out until the evening, working at the office and go to college at night. How should I reapply since I wear makeup to work everyday? I don't wear a heavy one, but it doesn't make sense to me to carry loads of products and make the look from zero at lunch time to apply sunscreen again. Someone has a tip?

Spray sunscreen unfortunately isn't an option because they are hella expensive where I live.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'm starting a new job in a few weeks, so I'm planning to use that as an excuse to do my make-up every day.
I'm male, but I love working make-up and feminine styles into my aesthetic, and a new workplace seems like an ideal situation. It will give me a good opportunity to practice make-up too.

Any tips on make-up as a daily routine as opposed to an occasional thing?

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
You know what I don't get? How come the hairbrush I've had since 2002 is still in perfect working condition but the comb I bought four months ago has already lost three tines?

xzDzELLh.jpg

I'm starting a new job in a few weeks, so I'm planning to use that as an excuse to do my make-up every day.
I'm male, but I love working make-up and feminine styles into my aesthetic, and a new workplace seems like an ideal situation. It will give me a good opportunity to practice make-up too.

Any tips on make-up as a daily routine as opposed to an occasional thing?
Take it off at night. Especially foundation and concealer.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Also, I have a question: I am trying to take care of my skin better, but most advice I see is that you should reapply sunscreen at least once a day. I usually stay out until the evening, working at the office and go to college at night. How should I reapply since I wear makeup to work everyday? I don't wear a heavy one, but it doesn't make sense to me to carry loads of products and make the look from zero at lunch time to apply sunscreen again. Someone has a tip?

Spray sunscreen unfortunately isn't an option because they are hella expensive where I live.

If you apply sunscreen in the morning and don't go out too much, you should be fine until evening.

I use a bb cream that has spf in it. You can try a powder with sunscreen, but there's no need to go overboard. You can also get a moisturizer with susncreen. I had Dr. Jart's bb cream with like.. 50 SPF or something ridic. Now I use skinfood79 pink, which has 30 spf. But, that's enough because I'm inside almost all the time, and by the time I get out it's dark and who needs sunscreen without sun :D

EDIT;

I don't feel like working so time for me to do a quick update/review of the products I bought recently.

I am Asian American, 29, with fair skin. Oily t zone, somewhat drier on my cheeks, but especially near my chin. I have large pores, sensitive skin, and am prone to pimples :(. Hair is darker brown to black, eyes are black.

(this is just stuff from my last order from yesstyle)

Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions (Pink BB Cream) SPF 30 PA++ [40g]

I got this for $13. It was on sale! I've used this before, liked it but not loved it. However, it matches my skin tone (when I get home I'll do a picture of my cheek without makeup and with bb cream). It's darker than missha's bbcream, which apparently made me look ghostly.

I only use a tiny bit of bb cream, but this product does NOT give dewy looks.

My Lash Serum 9g [9g]

It was $4, wouldn't have bought it otherwise. I use sparingly, no effect yet. Looks like just oil, but I don't use mascara so I don't mind. If it works I'll let y'all know in a month.

Sleeping Care Good Night Kit: Water Sleeping Mask 15ml + Lip Sleeping Pack 3g + Eye Sleeping Mask 5ml [3pcs]

Again on sale, $8, but heard amazing things about Laneige so tried it. I've tried Tony Moly's panda sleeping mask (it comes in a CUTEEEE case) but it really make my skin SUPER itchy so I washed it off and tossed the panda.

I actually really like this one, because I do feel like my skin looks better when I wake up. However, only used it for like... three days, so if I start breaking out like crazy I'll update my review.

I also LOVE MacQueen waterproof eyeliner, but I use it as eyeshadow because my lids are super oily and the black eyeliner still gives me panda eyes. Turned my best friend onto this and she has the whole set now, too. It makes doing earthy eyeshadow really easy, but I kinda hate how once you sharpen it, the edges of the actual pencil get really sharp and pokey. A part of it may be my sharpener, but the pencil itself is also made up of a really thick case so I think that doesn't help.

Last edited:

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
If you apply sunscreen in the morning and don't go out too much, you should be fine until evening.

I use a bb cream that has spf in it. You can try a powder with sunscreen, but there's no need to go overboard. You can also get a moisturizer with sunscreen. I had Dr. Jart's bb cream with like.. 50 SPF or something ridic. Now I use skinfood79 pink, which has 30 spf. But, that's enough because I'm inside almost all the time, and by the time I get out it's dark and who needs sunscreen without sun :D

Thank you for the great advice! It totally makes sense. I think I got too impressed about people saying how dangerous for the skin artificial light is supposed to be. I am also fair (a light olive skin tone) but as you said I don't go out much in the day, and the few minutes I do I use a parasol with sunscreen if it's sunny. By now I am using an Anew moisturizer with FPS 50, but I am waiting some Bioré sunscreens, so excited to try them!

I also bought some Korean products on Cosmetic Love. I will look for a cushion with sunscreen to reapply by lunch time.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Actually, I've been wondering about what to look for in lipstick. That's the one cosmetic I own the least of and am least familiar with. I'm curious, but right now I'm stuck at the part where I figure out what I should pick. Color/shade/brand/etc.
eHeM4ty.png

My best advice with lipstick is to get a good lip liner, and work from there. I like the MAC liners, but they're expensive. I also have this 'always sharp' lip liner from Smashbox which matches my natural tone perfectly. Even without any make-up on it helps to refine that hard edge to my lips, but also looks great with some of the nude lips. If you can get away with just lip gloss and lip liner you'll have much a much easier time.

My current favourite nude lips are MAC's Blankity and Boldly Bare.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
eHeM4ty.png

My best advice with lipstick is to get a good lip liner, and work from there. I like the MAC liners, but they're expensive. I also have this 'always sharp' lip liner from Smashbox which matches my natural tone perfectly. Even without any make-up on it helps to refine that hard edge to my lips, but also looks great with some of the nude lips. If you can get away with just lip gloss and lip liner you'll have much a much easier time.

My current favourite nude lips are MAC's Blankity and Boldly Bare.

Yeah lip liner is important!

I also use concealer/foundation to "trace" my lip, if that makes sense.

Joellester

Oct 28, 2017
eHAg1ma.gif

I just went crazy with the sephora sale and now I hit rouge. I feel disgusted with myself. Its mostly splurging on hair care and an algenist product..... but I finally convinced myself to pick up the laura mercier powder. I got a sample in my last play bag and I love it.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
eHAg1ma.gif

I just went crazy with the sephora sale and now I hit rouge. I feel disgusted with myself. Its mostly splurging on hair care and an algenist product..... but I finally convinced myself to pick up the laura mercier powder. I got a sample in my last play bag and I love it.

Ooh what hair care products did you get?

Joellester

Oct 28, 2017
Briogeo scalp revival charcoal and tea trea scalp treatment
Briogeo Roscaro repair winter hair renewal (I am a sucker for "value" packs).

Now that I pull up my order those items are listed as out of stock, so hopefuly I get my package! I already had 2 day flash shipping so I don't think I'll have to wait long. I wanted to buy their hair repair deep conditioner, but it was sold out. I was on the fence, and then watched Tati's video today - even though it was a total shill it still made me want to buy it.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Briogeo scalp revival charcoal and tea trea scalp treatment
Briogeo Roscaro repair winter hair renewal (I am a sucker for "value" packs).

Now that I pull up my order those items are listed as out of stock, so hopefuly I get my package! I already had 2 day flash shipping so I don't think I'll have to wait long. I wanted to buy their hair repair deep conditioner, but it was sold out. I was on the fence, and then watched Tati's video today - even though it was a total shill it still made me want to buy it.

OOOHH let me know how it is! I bought two of those packs for some friends as well.

Is it this one:

hair-kit-600x600.jpg

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I have the leave in spray! I use it everyday because it's the only one I have.

If you're not careful and spray too much it can get kinda residue-y, but it works as a leave in conditioner! I spray into my crown and brush it down, even though I don't think you're supposed to do that. Oops. I then use some hair oil on my ends for extra seal.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Missha has a 40% off the whole site Black Friday special btw.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Help y'all-

I'm looking for a good oil-control powder.

(Also a good cleansing wipe.)

Recommendations please? Preferably something good for people who break out easily.

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I never figured out how to handle breakouts until I trained myself to stop touching my face and wear my hair in my face less often. None of the wipes or cleansers or anything seemed to help. I hope someone else has a better answer :S

PixelParty

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Help y'all-

I'm looking for a good oil-control powder.

(Also a good cleansing wipe.)

Recommendations please? Preferably something good for people who break out easily.

Well, I can tell you I have been trying the tarte smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder, and... I don't know how I feel about it. It does really well with oil control for me, and I bought it because it was supposed to be good for people with sensitive skin/breakouts, but I don't know if I can say that is true. Pretty much any makeup I put on my face (foundation/concealer/powder) causes me to have breakouts, so I can't really say if it's the product at fault or just how my skin is.

Has anyone tried the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion?

Really, what I am looking for is a product to help get rid of pimples without scarring.

Last edited:

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I finally used my Sephora holiday reward last night and realized that this is the first time in a long time I'm not going to hit VIB. I'm still over $100 away. I've never managed to hit Rouge but VIB was pretty steady.

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I finally used my Sephora holiday reward last night and realized that this is the first time in a long time I'm not going to hit VIB. I'm still over $100 away. I've never managed to hit Rouge but VIB was pretty steady.

!

I'm actually looking for someone with Rouge and VIB for next year D:. I want to take advantage of the Annual Sale.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well, I can tell you I have been trying the tarte smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder, and... I don't know how I feel about it. It does really well with oil control for me, and I bought it because it was supposed to be good for people with sensitive skin/breakouts, but I don't know if I can say that is true. Pretty much any makeup I put on my face (foundation/concealer/powder) causes me to have breakouts, so I can't really say if it's the product at fault or just how my skin is.

Has anyone tried the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion?

Really, what I am looking for is a product to help get rid of pimples without scarring.
I never figured out how to handle breakouts until I trained myself to stop touching my face and wear my hair in my face less often. None of the wipes or cleansers or anything seemed to help. I hope someone else has a better answer :S
Makeup is a no-no if you want to prevent breakouts, unless if they are non-comedogenic. Wash your face twice daily with a facial cleanser, and rub with a washcloth gently. You don't want to dry your skin out too much or that can irritate your skin. Use a moisturiser with SPF, preferably non-comedogenic. Keeping your hands and especially oily hair away from your face is good. Diet-wise, foods high in processed sugar and dairy may trigger acne, so more fruits and veggies are advised.

As a dude, I rarely get breakouts but that could be down to just cleaning my face, not touching it so much, and not using makeup. I get girls can't stop makeup, so using non-comedogenic and oil-free types might help more.

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Makeup is a no-no if you want to prevent breakouts, unless if they are non-comedogenic. Wash your face twice daily with a facial cleanser, and rub with a washcloth gently. You don't want to dry your skin out too much or that can irritate your skin. Use a moisturiser with SPF, preferably non-comedogenic. Keeping your hands and especially oily hair away from your face is good. Diet-wise, foods high in processed sugar and dairy may trigger acne, so more fruits and veggies are advised.

As a dude, I rarely get breakouts but that could be down to just cleaning my face, not touching it so much, and not using makeup. I get girls can't stop makeup, so using non-comedogenic and oil-free types might help more.
no shit

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I've seen a lot of people rave about the cosrx pimple patches. That's more of an overnight thing though, not makeup. I haven't tried them myself personally.

People who are having trouble with products or touching or even like...a wrong look triggering spots might look into whether it's a hormonal issue. After my derm put my on spironolactone, basically nothing triggered my skin anymore. I tested and used products with reckless abandon and it was pretty sweet, ngl. I'm off it now and my skin isn't quite that impervious but it's still way better than before.