• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dola

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
I'm gonna add two more
Xbox gamepass will available on playstation and scalbound is live again.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
The new Xbox will sell more than the new PlayStation, sales for both will be down compared to last generation.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch family of consoles will outsell the new Xbox consoles in at least one month this year.
Switch family of consoles will outsell both new platforms in November and December of this year (the two months they'll be available for purchase).

....but everyone is going to kick ass this holiday, so it's good news for 'em all.

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation will have either announced or even released a PC launcher, enabling PS Now streaming to PC and with Sony exclusives releasing on PC from 2020 onwards.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm convinced we'll get a GTA VI announcement sometime around October with a Fall 2021 release date only to be delayed to Spring 2022. I hope I'm wrong though. I can't go another 2 years without this game man.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox Series X and Series S will launch simultaneously for $499 and $349 on November 13th.
PS5 will launch for $399 on November 6th.

Final Fantasy XVI will get a trailer before VII part 2.
A new Ape Escape and Ratchet & Clank will launch with the PS5.
A new Onimusha game will get announced exclusively for Xbox.
A Kingdom Hearts spinoff will get announced for the Switch.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Xbox Series X will have a far better value proposition than PS5 at launch, and for some time afterwards, until Sony climbs down from its high horse and starts catching up on customer friendliness.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Starfield will be announced at E3 2020, it will launch November 2020 using Bethesdas new unannounced game engine. Starfield will be the proof point for the new engine and upcoming Elder Scrolls in 2021.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even like with my own prediction but here it goes.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be a commercial success but Witcher fans will be very indifferent about it and critic reviews will be all over the place.

Last edited:

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
There is no Mario Odyssey 2. Instead we are finally getting a 3D Donkey Kong with K. Rool., released for holidays 2020.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
A new Kingdom Hearts spin-off will be announced as a Switch exclusive

Bonus points for me if it's an adaptation of the Unchained X story

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of animal crossing nintendo will have a minimal first party presence this year, and fill the rest of the year out with small experiences, great indie support and wii u ports. Their big hitters, like metroid, Pikmin, zelda, or new 3d mario will not see new releases til 2021 and later

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Metroid Prime Trilogy finally happens (please...Nintendo...I need this...)

Off the wall: Retro Studios shows off the much thirsted for game they've been working on for the last 5(?) years.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
Lots of people are predicting "Final Fantasy XVI"

That ain't happening until Square finishes or gives up on making Final Fantasy VII remake episodes.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of people are predicting "Final Fantasy XVI"

That ain't happening until Square finishes or gives up on making Final Fantasy VII remake episodes.

It most likely won't be advertised before the first part of FFVII Remake is out that's for sure, but waiting until all the parts are out would be real silly of them. FFVII Remake is being developed by one team out of a pretty massive pool at this point, and Square Enix has managed to alternate marketing between concurrent releases before -- the XIII Trilogy, XIV, Type-0, World of Final Fantasy, Versus XIII/XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and FFVII Remake itself all had a few periods of overlapped marketing.

Personally wouldn't be surprised to see XVI this E3 for release next year and VII Remake 2 in like, 2022/2023. I'd like to think Square Enix is out of its 5 year+ announce-to-release nightmare hole.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Elden Ring won't be launched in 2020.
source.gif

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Xbox SX will be BC with PS1's discs. Just to troll Sony.

We know it's legal (Bleemcast).

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Tencent is going to acquire a controlling stake in PlatinumGames in order to have direct access to the Japanese gaming market.

A new Kingdom Hearts spin-off will be announced as a Switch exclusive

Bonus points for me if it's an adaptation of the Unchained X story

I can see Union Cross being reformatted for Switch.
The graphical style is fine, all they have to do is add voice acting and replace the text bubbles with the avatar and text style used in Chain of Memories.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom will announce a cross gen fighting game that is not Street Fighter 6, release window Winter 2020.

Xbox/Microsoft acquire several major exclusivity deals with top japanese development teams.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Bluepoint's game is a Metal Gear Solid remake as a PS5 launch window title.

Stadia to be considered the breakout success story of the year

Epic to give up on buying store exclusivity

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Oh I love this. Okay a couple of bold bold predictions

-
Konami is back with something unexpected like a Metal Gear Solid remake or new Entry in the mainline series.
- Nintendo is "kind of" shadowdropping a new Donkey Kong in 2020. Reveal soon. Drop later this year
- Square Enix dropping a Final Fantasy XVI trailer at E3. "Now in development for PS5/Xbox Series X"
- Microsoft is going to raise the price noticeably later this year before Halo Infinite launches
- Bethesda is sharing next gen Gameplay of Starfield and Elders Scrolls VI at E3.
- Star Citizen is further delayed and higher money incentives are being created
- CAPCOM teasing Resident Evil 8 with a small teaser. RE Engine game. PS5/XSX
- FROM Software is releasing Elden Ring in Q3 this year after we are seeing gameplay next month.
- Bluepoint is not working on 1 or 2 games, but rather upgrading many great games for the PS5 via patches. Even games that are still coming out this year are going to receive the Bluepoint enhancement treatment.
-
The Xbox Series X can work as a normal Windows 10 PC if you want it to, but needs a certain Windows 10 build and drivers from MS.
- Bloodborne 2 is in development and gets a teaser at the end of the year when the PS5 launches. A small 5 second teaser. Bloodborne 2 PS5.
- The new Nintendo Switch version is not powerful enough to actually play 4K, but it comes with a 1440p screen and a performance increase.
- 7nm Nvidia GPUs in 2020 will put a huge increase in RayTracing performance on it.
- The amount of TFLOPs of next generation consoles will have no impact on what console sells better.
- A new game from Naughty Dog aswell as a new Gran Turismo are being teased for the PS5
- Nintendo is going to release (expensive) remaster versions of previous Zelda games like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
- Playstation Vita will have no new game announcements
- Rockstar will try to sell you a PS5/XBX upgrade Patch for GTA V so it runs and looks better for 14,99$.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Ok, I'll seperate by devs.

Nintendo:

- BOTW 2 will be delayed to 2021, but Metroid Prime 4 will be running ahead of schedule. Both playable at E3.

Partially correct. BOTW 2 was delayed.

- A new Fire Emblem will be announced. Keoi Tecmo handling with assistance from Intelligent Systems.

Nope

- Mother 3 is finally released on April 1st on Switch online.

Lol

- Mario Kart 9 will be announced.

Kinda, in a Monkey's Paw type way.

Sony:

- PS5 will retail at the same price as Series X.

Right on the money

- The Last of Us 2 will be critically beloved, but will divide fans after the 7 year wait.

Right on the money again.

- The PS5's launch lineup will be worse than the Series X's, but console exclusives and brand loyalty will push it to higher sales regardless.

Nope, they had some aces up their sleeves for launch whereas Halo got delayed. Sales are more determined by stock tbh but still, I'll take an L.

- Sony will announce a new Team ICO lead SJE game.

Nope

- Ghost of Tsushima will be a surprise hit and kickstart a new franchise.

Yes

- 2021 will shape up to be a killer year for the PS5.

Seems to be

Microsoft:

- Xbox Game Studios will have the best average Metacritic score of the major third parties.

I suppose I meant first party here. I think Sony still took it, but MS had a pretty great year with Ori and MSFS.

- XCloud will reach 17,000,000 users by Q4 2020.

XCloud no, Game Pass probably.

- Halo Infinite will be the BOTW of the series, winning over new and old fans alike. Story mostly independent from Halo 5. Slower gameplay but still fast. Open linear like a collection of 5 silent cartographer-type levels on a large scale. Wins many GOTY awards from outlets such as, but not necessarily including, IGN, Destructoid and Gamespot but fails to win The Game Award.

Not impossible, but we'll see next year. I seemed to nail the Open Linear prediction. Fingers crossed.

- Series L is coming. About as powerful as Series X in processing but 1080p graphics. $200 cheaper than Series X and PS5. Launches Q3 2021.

Name was wrong, date was wrong, price and specs were right (but Series S can do 1440p under optimal circumstances).

- Obsidian's New AAA RPG, Playground's New AAA RPG and The Intiative's game shown at E3. All Series X/L exclusive.

Yes, but Initative at TGAs.

- Microsoft will buy an Asian studio, but it won't be from Japan, it'll be from Korea. Maybe Smilegate's development studio or Krafton Game Union. South Korea will be Xbox's third pillar alongside North America and Europe.

Not yet, they did get a Japanese dev though.

- Psychonauts 2 will be delayed until 2021 as MS helped add polish.

Yes

Third Parties:

- Cyberpunk 2077 will win GOTY from the most outlets and at The Game Awards. Last of Us 2 second most, Halo Infinite third most.

Lol no.

- Batman: Arkham Legacy will be a PS5 and Xbox Series X launch title.

Nope

- Bethesda will heavily test the Alpha of Starfield in the wake of Fallout 76's reception. No-one will buy Zenimax

Who knows. Lol at that last bit though. Still shocked MS did that.

- Google will stick with Stadia, but will be noticeably humbled and take a back seat, delaying the "public launch" indefinitely.

Yes

- Amazon will pull the breaks on Game Streaming until XCloud releases in full.

About correct.

- FFVII remake will piss a lot of people off due to the ARPG combat and cut-off, but will still sell gangbusters.

Nope. Seemed divisive at worst but mostly loved.

- Marvel's Avengers will be a moderate hit, but not up to SE's expectations.

Nope

- Anthem will relaunch to solid numbers and decent reviews, but will not win over many.

Nope

- KOTOR will be remastered in 4K.

Not yet

- Call of Duty will take on the Vietnam war

Nope

- ATLUS will release SMT V in October in Japan, Q1 2021 worldwide.

Nope

Bolded my responses. Hope we do one for 2021

Feb 11, 2019
-AMD stock price will break 250 by next December
-Microsoft will release a Firestick-like dongle that will let you stream your Xbox to other TVs in your house, will come with a stick and a Xbox controller
-There will be massive PC hardware shortages throughout all next year, not just CPUs and GPUs but everything else as well

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Damn, look at the naiveté in this thread.... no one had any clue what this year would bring.... So young, so innocent...

Edit: Just realized this is the gaming forum lol.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I predict that 2020 will be like drowning in a bucket of rancid cum and shite

Also Half Life will be neat