• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing but lag lag lag for me. Unplayable.

this is on an iPhone XR. My wifi speed test shows about 30-35mbps.

not sure what the issue is. Not a good first impression. Had better performance with stadia

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort of blown away by this... firing up Halo 3 in 60fps with fairly minimal input lag on my phone really blew me away. (this is my first cloud gaming experience)

The input lag is there, but your brain definitely adapts after some time. The quality of the stream was great in my home. I travel a fair amount so having access to something like this is damn cool. I can't wait for the full xCloud product to be out, and I hope they add more games to the preview soon.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how you can get a random plastic p.o.s on Amazon and have it work as a controller but not a Elite Series 2

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that was good! It's got low enough latency to be playable comfortably unlike PSNow and isn't unstable as hell like Geforce Now. I could see this being my main way to play Gamepass stuff since I don't play as much on there as I should due to not wanting to wait for it to download. I just wish it wasn't as blurry (played on iPhone) because it'd suck to play a really beautiful game that wasn't old as hell like Halo CE and not be able to see the finer details.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Man, if they put gamepass on switch and it ran as well as this is running on my phone... ms will be rolling in the $$$$

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
wow, i can listen to my podcast app in the background while i play halo

this shit is bonkers... i can't wait for more games

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
wow, i can listen to my podcast app in the background while i play halo

this shit is bonkers... i can't wait for more games
Same, it's freaking me out how cool it is. I've been sitting here playing BTB for an hour, going positive with 10-15 kills a game and I almost forgot I was streaming the damn game to my iPad.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I really suck at Halo lol but overall it seems to be performing very well in multiplayer. I wish I had an iPad or something because it's super hard to play on my tiny ass iPhone

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My network provider and internet must just fucking suck or something

There are moments where it's great but the input delay was very noticeable, and perhaps more of a problem, it was inconsistent.

I'll have to test it out at a McDonalds or some other public place with free WiFi, that's where I see it being the most useful for myself personally

my device is iPhone XR

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I got in!! Got on to try mcc for a couple min to compare it to stadia (i played destiny for about an hour at my brother's house. Input was not very good.) and I ended up playing over an hour! Played a big team battle match, a couple swat matches, and the opening fight in the first earth mission in halo 2.

super impressed with the input lag. Playing destiny 2 on stadia I thought maybe if I got used to it it would be fine, but i'd never take it into pvp. 5 min into halo 2 and I thought it was good enough for swat online. Couldnt play as well as on tv but it was far from my worst matches. Very impressed with the experience as a whole and playing halo 2 anniversary on my phone through a stream felt like I was playing in the future lol very interested to see more.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I tried on both my iPhone Xs and my iPad (7g) and experienced terrible performance. When trying to hold down the trigger to shoot an assault rifle, it would sometimes only register it as one shot.

Plus the lag in visuals was bad. I tested my speeds on my WiFi and it's 117 down, and 11.9 up.

squilliedee

Jan 4, 2019
Im not going to lie, I was semi skeptical about how well this would work, but I am honestly blown away with Xcloud!! I expected it to work ok, but I can honestly say, its damn near flawless(at least where I played using wifi). I fired up MCC, played some Halo 2 anniversary, and I was shocked that there was barely any noticeable lag. I figured I would give it a real test a try out MP, well let me tell you, I played some matches of Halo 2 online and had absolutely no problem competing. I was getting kills like I was playing on my console. I never expected MP to play so well, the future is bright for this product, I am offically a beliver!! WOW!!

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Well after installing it in my iPad, this is incredible. I tried it via Wi-Fi at home for now, but I'll take it around some hotspots and see how it does. Consider me very impressed for this. If they get 2K on the stream list then my addiction can be played on the go haha.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Applied yesterday and just got invited today. Exciting. Cant wait to try it on my ipad pro. How do we pair a xbo controller to it?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I tried on both my iPhone Xs and my iPad (7g) and experienced terrible performance. When trying to hold down the trigger to shoot an assault rifle, it would sometimes only register it as one shot.

Plus the lag in visuals was bad. I tested my speeds on my WiFi and it's 117 down, and 11.9 up.
Down/Up speeds really only account for the visual quality of the stream. Your Network latency will account for game latency, which has a million variables. Anyway, even if you have a gb up and down, you could still have a bad experience.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Damn, that was good! It's got low enough latency to be playable comfortably unlike PSNow and isn't unstable as hell like Geforce Now. I could see this being my main way to play Gamepass stuff since I don't play as much on there as I should due to not wanting to wait for it to download. I just wish it wasn't as blurry (played on iPhone) because it'd suck to play a really beautiful game that wasn't old as hell like Halo CE and not be able to see the finer details.

It's apparently 720p only for now. It should get better when they up the resolution with Series x hardware.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I tried again to see if it's improved but it's much like yesterday. Probably fine on a phone screen but being blown up on a 12.9 inch iPad really does it no favours. Is this what other people are seeing too, or am I just unlucky?

690723-CF-DB32-4794-9-A7-F-029-B1073-D708.png

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, the 720P resolution is the real downside here. Latency is quite good, which is the vital part to get right.

Upgrading the blades to Series X over the next couple years should be huge.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
One day later And I'm still stuck on this screen

Q5KXFfD_d.jpg

Any idea how to solve it ? I have been accepted and have received all 3 emails so I'm really lost. When I click learn more it takes me to the normal xcloud page. I have logged in on same account I signed up on..

the only thing I haven't tried is buy gold since I don't have a active member ship in this account.. I have it on my second account with gamepass ultimate.
any idea if gold/gamepass is required ?

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I installed this yesterday but didn't get to try it. May try it when I get in the office today. Very excited to see it for myself.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How does it redeem? My live email address isn't the same as my iTunes email address so will I have to make a temp iTunes account so I can redeem in TestFlight, or will it let me enter my TestFlight email address?

edit: ah it emails you a link which opens in TestFlight so it assigns to whatever App Store you're signed in to. installed now on my phone and will try ipad tomorrow

Last edited:

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm slightly upset about this because I saw right away when the registration is up but my iPhone would just not load the pages correctly to register. Now it's full. Damn I've been waiting for this for awhile. Looks like it will be longer now...

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Tried it, loved it. SOOO good.

I know HALO MCC is 30 frames - and there is no vibration on the controller but still amazing TECH.

LOVE IT.

Can't wait to play more games on my iOS.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Finally got to try it today with MCC - on home wifi with 150+ down and 6 up.
Loading MCC was fast. faster than i remember when i played it on my xbox one years ago.
Played a random mission in Reach for a couple minutes. While the menu's input was almost instant, playing was a different story. I had a bit of input lag, because i notice these things, and i dont think i'd recommend anyone playing on higher difficulties.
Now i went and tried some Slayer and well .. you can imagine how that went LOL. what was interesting is that the default sensitivity was set to 1 ... yes 1. When i put it up, that is when i could really notice the input lag as i'd try to strafe and shoot the BR. Nope, not going to happen.

Overall i am impressed on how EASY and fast it was to load up a game. the only thing i will keep my eye on with each play is the input lag and to see if i mess around with the settings will help. MCC has too many settings to choose from with my impatient self lol

good luck to all who gets in!

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I tried again to see if it's improved but it's much like yesterday. Probably fine on a phone screen but being blown up on a 12.9 inch iPad really does it no favours. Is this what other people are seeing too, or am I just unlucky?

690723-CF-DB32-4794-9-A7-F-029-B1073-D708.png
Same on my iphone 8+. This is on 175 Mbps download internet with a strong 5ghz wifi connection. Streaming artifacts were a bigger problem for me than input lag (which IMO was pretty good).

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
First impressions were fantastic. No noticeable input lag and the video stream looked great. Can't wait for more games or console streaming.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Still waiting. Got the IOS invite. followed link. Got caught in the android loop. Updated on the registration page (it was already IOS) , still no corrected ios invite.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Tried it in my iPad, I'm def enjoying it. I can notice slight lag but I just had to adjust. Hopefully over time it gets even better!!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Still utterly floored by how cool this is. And I feel pretty good about the fact that I can get used to the latency on Halo, which is probably the highest bar for games I want a fast response time for. I can't wait to play SP games on the road. (RDR2 a great example)

Is it possible to play split screen via xCloud? Two controllers connected to an iPad...

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Played the first mission of Halo 3 campaign. Same impression as I got yesterday trying Halo 4. Looks really good. Slight input lag and the framerate can be a bit uneven at times, but totally playable. I'm still impressed. I'm playing on iPhone 7 Plus and I wonder how it would look on a bigger screen (like an iPad), but I'm not going to go buy one just to test this out...

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Tried it on the UCF campus wifi and it was rough. Definitely lag spikes, but at home (100mbps) super smooth, very good experience.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Great to see! I fully intend to buy an iPhone for the first time after falling in love wirth my iPad. Having this app will be important for me to make this particular decision.