• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
lol, changed to iOS.....got invited within minutes to testflight

hell yes, now i get to compare android to this version

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
The same thing happened to me and I never signed up for android. I got the test flight email afterwards.
Wait a few minutes. I got the same thing then I got the testflight email.
I'm pretty sure the test flight link is user specific. You'll get one soon.

ah cool, thx guys. just got super confused by their bad initial email. will wait for a TestFlight one.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to know that signing up for iOS and getting the Android email was a mistake that will get fixed. So excited to be able to test this!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Now I just got to wait for work to end!!!

abaab4fe-3a27-430a-9o5kyn.jpeg

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Just got the app downloaded on iOS! Excited to get home from work to try it out. Definitely missed that this only includes Master Chief collection though lol, but apparently that was Apple's doing and out of Msoft's hands?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Microsoft got their streaming service running on iOS when it was in Beta and Google still hasn't gotten Stadia running on their own suite of phones.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tried a few minutes of MCC. Loaded up CE. There definitely was some perceptible input lag, but overall it feels pretty good and visually looks great.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Definitey in for this. Tried it weeks ago on the wife's phone and it was great, but I have an iPhone.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I signed up, got the "you've been accepted" email, clicked "click here to download the iOS testflight" and all it does is redirect me to the xCloud homepage. Am I doing something wrong?

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I received the weird email that was an iOS invitation that turned into an android one, and shortly after, I received a TestFlight email link that allowed me to download the app and gave me a code to gain access to xCloud. I guess the restrictions are in place because you have to go through Apple's own beta testing client

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Tried a few minutes of MCC. Loaded up CE. There definitely was some perceptible input lag, but overall it feels pretty good and visually looks great.

Same here, but I checked out Halo 4. Looked great, but a bit of lag and and framerate had a tiny bit of judder at times... This was my first streaming experience and I'm actually pretty impressed.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got in, tried playing a bit of halo on 5ghz wifi and it was giving me network problems. Gonna try again later. Hopefully theyll add more games soon

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I was in a Teams meeting at the time so I havn't got a chance to really play yet much but here are some quick shots of H2A.

I think it works pretty well. Actually pretty responsive for me.

rG21XTn.png

5Kx6Op6.jpg

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I actually got in. Surprised! Feel like I never get these things haha

Edit: Or not based on posts above. Got the accepted email but yeah the link just sends you to the website.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Got my acceptance email already. The process is a little weird - I got an email direct from Microsoft saying I was accepted, but the instructions in the email were for Android. Then a little after that I got another email from "TestFlight", telling me I needed to download the TestFlight app, and then redeem a code within the app to get the xCloud for iOS app.

I did it and it works - just took me a few minutes to sort it out.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This works really well. The game has really high graphical fidelity, the input lag is low. I had no issues in campaign with the input lag, but I was definitely at a disadvantage in competitive multiplayer. I will definitely be sitting in my bed tonight streaming some Halo campaign.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
I need help guys. I recieved all 3 emails and I downloaded the iOS app but now when I log in it says learn more how to participate or something like that. I have been accepted but I'm not sure what to do now

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Got my testflight email installed the app and everything. But my Series 2 controller won't even up on the bluetooth devices list when I try to connect it.

Edit: oh I guess the series 2 doesn't work on iphones yet.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my testflight email and jumped right in. Paired my xbox controller no problem. And.... this works! Really really well in fact. Makes me wish I had an iPad lol. I'm using my iPhone 11 Pro Max though and it's awesome. Just ordered the recommended controller/phone clip thing for best buy in store pickup today.

Oct 29, 2017
Followed the instructions and still doesn't work.

Same here. Disabled cross tracking and blocking of cookies, nothing working here. Just reloads the page to sign in or register no matter what I do.

Tried on iPhone, iPad, laptop with Chrome and one my Xbox, all just refreshes the page to sign in or register no matter what.

Last edited:

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
is the link dead? I sign in to my account for the registration and just get a grey screen with xbox.com tabs at the top

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up at about 11 today and just signed in. Used a Dual Shock 4 on my iPhone 11 and it works surprisingly well. Will be curious to try it on my iPad tonight.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the series 2 elite doesn't work with iOS yet, I was hoping to give it a shot while I'm at work.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Hmm switched mine from Android to IOS like 2 hours ago and haven't gotten anything yet. Here's hoping though.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad the series 2 elite doesn't work with iOS yet, I was hoping to give it a shot while I'm at work.

Same here - that's the only Bluetooth one I have. Hopefully that gets sorted out soon.

Submitted Feedback saying that. Guess that's worthwhile to hopefully make that happen.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
After set up the app says "tap learn more to find out how to participate in the preview" and i cant do/play anything other than get directed to the xbox website...