• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Just signed up and very excited to try it out however I am bummed that there is only one game and that Xbox console streaming is not in for this test. Regardless though, should be cool to see what's in store for the future. I would expect that they want to get this right and ready before Xbox Series X launches later in the year.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Enrolled quickly on my phone Safari browser. Looking forward when this is fully deployed.
A little disappointed no console streaming and only one xCloud game "due to App Store policies". Ugh, Apple.

If you are impatient, while you wait, you could try OneCast. It works surprisingly well for a third party unofficial third party solution for console streaming on a Mac or iOS device. I'm just a customer, not associated with the developer.

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
I didn't bother with 4G just stuck to my 5GHZ WiFi. I also tried 2.4 and it was worse.

I had the same experience - in comparison stadia and gfn have extremely limited lag and play fine.
with xcloud i tried playing forza and couldnt keep my car straight, i was constantly overcorrecting. navigating menus had a full half second delay.
tried every couple of nights for the last week or so, i think i must be too far from a MS datacenter, it's been the same level of shitty every time. I am down in miami.

Jun 17, 2018
I had the same experience - in comparison stadia and gfn have extremely limited lag and play fine.
with xcloud i tried playing forza and couldnt keep my car straight, i was constantly overcorrecting. navigating menus had a full half second delay.
tried every couple of nights for the last week or so, i think i must be too far from a MS datacenter, it's been the same level of shitty every time. I am down in miami.

I'm about 30 miles from London so (providing they have Xcloud data centres there) I can't see that being the issue, unless of course it is..

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got an email saying "You've been selected to join Project xCloud (Preview)!" in the subject line, and it says it's for iOS. It has a TestFlight link that just takes me to the generic Project xCloud info page on Xbox.com.

Oct 27, 2017
I got the same (Android Email) even tho I signed up for iOS. I checked TestFlight and nothing there either. I still had it installed from the Game Pass Beta which is still there

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Registered. Got a generic "You're registered!" email and nothing more. No Testflight link. Looking forward to trying it out if selected though!

Roli

Apr 16, 2018
Got the TestFlight email! I'm glad I held off on buying an Android device. So excited to try this out.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Just got my invite like an hour after updating my original profile.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
huh, I got in but it invited me to the android one, not the iOS one...

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I got the welcome to project cloud email and it says "to access the iOS test flight please continue by registering with TestFlight here" but the link is just the normal xCloud registration page. nothing on there about testflight. also, only the first few sentences are about iOS then the rest of the email changes to talking about Android....

Anyone know how I can actually get a working link? lol

Edit - literal text from the email. It switches from iOS to android, lol:
"
Thanks for joining the test. This is your chance to help shape the future of game streaming. To access the iOS TestFlight please continue by registering with TestFlight here. If selected, you will receive a message from TestFlight for Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) with further instructions. Additionally you may play on an Android device at any time by following instructions below.

With just a few more steps, you'll be ready to stream Xbox games directly to your Android device. Here's how to get started:
"

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You'll get the iOS email soon. Looks like you get signed up for both android and iOS and the emails come separately.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Why does it ask for a controller? I thought this Project xCloud support touch controls? Or is that not yet implemented?

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
welp. looks like they botched this round of emails. seems like you either got:
1. Android email
2. iOS email that turns into an android email
3. an actual iOS email

Here's hoping the 2/3rds cases can actually get resent the correct email and aren't S.O.L. :/

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
You'll get the iOS email soon. Looks like you get signed up for both android and iOS and the emails come separately.

I never signed up for android. only signed up for iOS today. the first paragraph of my welcome email starts as an iOS email and then turns into an android email. In fact, the text color even changes when the change happens. Someone at MS did an incorrect copy+paste I think.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never signed up for android. only signed up for iOS today. the first paragraph of my welcome email starts as an iOS email and then turns into an android email. In fact, the text color even changes when the change happens. Someone at MS did an incorrect copy+paste I think.
The same thing happened to me and I never signed up for android. I got the test flight email afterwards.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, the only thing I'm missing is the dang correct link to continue "registering with TestFlight." The link they sent me is the generic android one that just takes you to the registration page. Can someone link me the testflight link? That should theoretically fix it.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, the only thing I'm missing is the dang correct link to continue "registering with TestFlight." The link they sent me is the generic android one that just takes you to the registration page. Can someone link me the testflight link? That should theoretically fix it.
I'm pretty sure the test flight link is user specific. You'll get one soon.