• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, good call. Have thought about it, but never done anything like that. I guess it'd be best to call them anonymously? I know the local CA news has investigative reporting for this sort of thing.
I'm honestly unsure how to go about it. I know some media orgs have anonymous lines/email addresses but if not I'd just call them up and ask to remain anonymous in any published stories. One has to imagine they'd honor the request.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Day 4 of the Ohio shut down... everyone is working as normal, or so it seems.

Our numbers are going to spike HARD before anyone takes this shit seriously.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Gov. Baker has temporarily banned reusable bags in all Massachusetts grocery stores and allowed stores to stock single use plastic bags for the duration of the emergency:

whdh.com

Baker bans reusable grocery bags, imposes new guidelines amid coronavirus pandemic - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

BOSTON (WHDH) - Gov. Charlie Baker on Wednesday announced a ban on reusable shopping bags in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus in<a class="excerpt-read-more" href="https://whdh.com/news/baker-bans-reusable-grocery-bags-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/">Read More</a>

Yeah that banning of plastic bags happened at the worst time.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I haven't left the house in a week but what proof do you have for your claims? Looks to me roads are dead during rush hour here in cleveland.

youtu.be

No rush hour traffic in Cleveland during coronavirus shutdown

An aerial view of the lack of morning rush hour traffic heading into downtown Cleveland during Ohio's stay-at-home order for the coronavirus pandemic.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I haven't left the house in a week but what proof do you have for your claims? Looks to me roads are dead during rush hour here in cleveland.

youtu.be

No rush hour traffic in Cleveland during coronavirus shutdown

An aerial view of the lack of morning rush hour traffic heading into downtown Cleveland during Ohio's stay-at-home order for the coronavirus pandemic.
Driving on 76 East every day, and there seems to be only the slightest reduction in traffic.

Went for a drive during lunch n the Chapel Hill area of Akron and the stores that WERE open were packed.

Sure, Cleveland may be empty.. but outside of that there seems to be a lot of push back on the "stay at home" thing.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Gov. Baker has temporarily banned reusable bags in all Massachusetts grocery stores and allowed stores to stock single use plastic bags for the duration of the emergency:

whdh.com

Baker bans reusable grocery bags, imposes new guidelines amid coronavirus pandemic - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

BOSTON (WHDH) - Gov. Charlie Baker on Wednesday announced a ban on reusable shopping bags in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus in<a class="excerpt-read-more" href="https://whdh.com/news/baker-bans-reusable-grocery-bags-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/">Read More</a>

Understandable for this time. I've actually been hesitant on bringing my own, and just using single-use ones (well, I do re-use them as trash bags, but right now will wait a while before touching them again).

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, Wisconsin is in day two of their safe at home and a shit load of non-essential businesses are still operating as normal generally. People aren't gonna take it seriously until someone close to them gets it.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Driving on 76 East every day, and there seems to be only the slightest reduction in traffic.

Went for a drive during lunch n the Chapel Hill area of Akron and the stores that WERE open were packed.

Sure, Cleveland may be empty.. but outside of that there seems to be a lot of push back on the "stay at home" thing.

Not surprising we unfortunately live in a state full of right wing morons stay safe out there.

which is why I started working from home over a week ago and haven't been out since. I'm dreading going grocery shopping next week.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Not surprising we unfortunately live in a state full of right wing morons stay safe out there.

which is why I started working from home over a week ago and haven't been out since. I'm dreading going grocery shopping next week.
Unfortunately, the dealership I work for decided to stay open as normal during this.

Most others have reduced hours, or just flat out closed for 2 weeks. We have had people in here a lot and I feel like someone here is going to get sick... then we are ALL screwed.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yup, Wisconsin is in day two of their safe at home and a shit load of non-essential businesses are still operating as normal generally. People aren't gonna take it seriously until someone close to them gets it.

My right wing family in Wisconsin still thinks it is fake and all to tank the economy so Trump isn't elected again. It will take it getting bad for them to wake up.

In happy news our local animal shelter announced that all adoptions are $25 because Bissel is paying the rest of the fees.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Find it interesting that other states are bringing back plastic bags. At my local store they are just making people with reusable bags pack their own groceries.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii state government starting to talk tonight about enforcing the 14-day quarantine on inter-island travel as well.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Understandable for this time. I've actually been hesitant on bringing my own, and just using single-use ones (well, I do re-use them as trash bags, but right now will wait a while before touching them again).

I'll keep using mine until they're banned. I carry them through the supermarket and then pack them myself without really touching anything else. I can see why they're being banned in places but I haven't had any hesitation using mine.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, it feels like the "Stay at Home" order in Ohio is kinda "Crowd the grocery stores/parks". There needs to be tighter restrictions on those two spots.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI

Yep. I clean over two dozen various businesses and offices in WI, and I've had 3 clients tell me not to bother coming in. Some of them have barely acknowledged the crisis is even happening.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it feels like the "Stay at Home" order in Ohio is kinda "Crowd the grocery stores/parks". There needs to be tighter restrictions on those two spots.

This seems to be pretty much everyone's initial reaction to the order, it's how it was here too. Playgrounds, golf courses, etc. had to be explicitly closed after the initial order began.

Even today, there were teenagers running down a supermarket aisle close to each other, laughing like nothing was going on. Other people socializing like "how's your dog? nice day today" while everyone else who actually seems to be aware of what is going on, just wants to get done shopping as soon as possible.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
My company in California literally just gave up on any social distancing, limited manning plan they had worked out for this pandemic. They told everyone to come back to work on Monday. Business as usual.

I just saw this which might help you:

www.nbcbayarea.com

‘Non-Essential' Businesses Should Be Closed. What if Your Employer Demands You Work?

Some Bay Area businesses have apparently defied Gov. Newsom’s shelter-in-place order, and remained open even if they’re not classified as “essential” by the state. NBC Bay Area got a tip that a chain of non-essential retail stores was still open for business this week, and employees were ordered...

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of bans being lifted, what are areas that banned no-cash places doing about stores that don't want to take cash?

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
I just saw this which might help you:

www.nbcbayarea.com

‘Non-Essential' Businesses Should Be Closed. What if Your Employer Demands You Work?

Some Bay Area businesses have apparently defied Gov. Newsom’s shelter-in-place order, and remained open even if they’re not classified as “essential” by the state. NBC Bay Area got a tip that a chain of non-essential retail stores was still open for business this week, and employees were ordered...

Thanks! The company at least changed its limited manning plan back to what it was, so that's back on.
Going to go in Monday and see what management has to say and take more steps if I don't like the answer. We have a Union so going to talk to the steward, going to talk to HR, going to even ask my leadership if an unpaid furlough would be on the table until the worse of this dies down. That's not an option a lot of people can take but I want to know what I can do.
Once those are exhausted, I try your idea, call the press, and cross my fingers . 🤞

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
DC has joined Maryland and Virginia in issuing a Stay at Home order.

Mayor Bowser Issues Stay-At-Home Order | mayormb

This order reinforces the Mayor’s direction to residents to stay at home except to perform essential activities.

Exceptions:

The Mayor's Order specifies that residents may only leave their residences to:

• engage in essential activities, including obtaining medical care that cannot be provided through telehealth and obtaining food and essential household goods;
  • perform or access essential governmental functions;
  • work at essential businesses;
  • engage in essential travel; or
  • engage in allowable recreational activities, as defined by the Mayor's Order.

Penalties:

Any individual who willfully violates the stay-at-home order may be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, subject to a fine not exceeding $5,000, imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or both.[\quote]

Now the whole DMV is entirely shut down.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't pay attention to the news this weekend so I missed it, but Gov. Kelly of Kansas issued a stay at home order on Saturday lasting until April 19th currently. The most populous counties had already issued their own, but I'm glad she finally did it for everyone.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
This seems to be pretty much everyone's initial reaction to the order, it's how it was here too. Playgrounds, golf courses, etc. had to be explicitly closed after the initial order began.

Even today, there were teenagers running down a supermarket aisle close to each other, laughing like nothing was going on. Other people socializing like "how's your dog? nice day today" while everyone else who actually seems to be aware of what is going on, just wants to get done shopping as soon as possible.

My wife saw a toddler with his mouth on the grocery cart a couple days ago and was aghast. She wanted to say something to the kids mother but was worried how that would play out. Crazy how nonchalant some people are.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Just announced at today's press conference, Hawaii's 14-day mandatory quarantine for travelers will extend to inter-island travel starting on Wednesday morning at 12:01am.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

DeWine said today he might have to create restrictions on parks. And grocery stores need to seriously limit the number of people allowed inside at once. Although I was there around 3pm and it was kinda dead tbh.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
How is NJ not completely locked down?

It's got the 2nd highest cases in the country...? NJ now has almost 17K cases?

Yet, the only things closed are non-essential retail?

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
I hate Florida. The governor isn't taking this seriously. It took a long time for the beaches to close and he's still not issuing a mandatory state-wide lockdown. :(

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
www.nbcboston.com

Gov. Baker to Provide Update on Coronavirus in Mass.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has extended the state’s stay-at-home advisory and an order requiring all non-essential businesses to close through May 4. The 10-person limit on gatherings in the state has been extended as well, Baker said at the State House, following a similar extension by...

Gov. Baker just extended MA non-essential until May 4th.

RedBaron17

Oct 27, 2017
So NYC peeps, what are you doing in regards to groceries? Are you ordering online/ delivery, in-Store pickup or just venturing out to your local supermarket? Looking for some delivery recommendations. Sorry if this has been asked before.