• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
saw something from KPIX-TV that the BART service in the Bay Area is shutting down tonight due to very low ridership, that's encouraging. People be staying home.

That's going to be difficult if service/medical workers need to get to the city (I mean, not many people that work in SF actually live there).

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I hope FL is soon. My dad is 60+ but refuses to shut his store down even though financially he'd be fine until re-open. He encounters dozens of people a day and this weekend hundreds.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't mean it won't happen over the weekend.
Yeah walz has heavily hinted at it. First by saying yes it's in his toolbox and then explaining timelines on when they shut down schools and restaurants. (Aka for schools making sure they had first responder child care, meals for kids in need set up and for restaurants making sure the unemployment insurance could be expedited) so seems like they need to confirm a few things before they inevitably declare it.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like DeSantis finally caved in and ordered all restaurants in Florida to close down for dine in eating, but open for delivery and takeout orders. Also requires gyms and fitness centers in Florida to close down too
www.wesh.com

Florida directs all restaurants to move to take-out, delivery only

Gov. Ron DeSantis has banned all Florida restaurants from serving food or alcohol on premises, but said establishments can stay open to fulfill delivery or take-out orders.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, Illinois officially ordered to shelter in place until April 7th (if I heard Pritzker right). Right call, but man... shit is insane.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Every corner store is open and every playground is packed since the schools let out earlier this week. This is in Pennsylvania, so I don't know if people are trying to do everything now before enforcement next week.

Not that this rinky-dink city cares, they barely acknowledge anything.

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Found out the factory I work for in Ohio told us we are an essential business. Fucking hell.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Knotts Berry Farm has extended its closure to mid-May

California's Best Theme Park & Amusement Park | Knott's Berry Farm

Fun is always in season at Knott’s Berry Farm! With dozens of rides, roller coasters, & attractions in five themed areas, there is something for everyone!

If you were planning on going back to Disneyland at the end of the month you might want to check in on those plans soon because there may be an issue soon if Disney decides to follow suit

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Knotts Berry Farm has extended its closure to mid-May

California's Best Theme Park & Amusement Park | Knott's Berry Farm

Fun is always in season at Knott’s Berry Farm! With dozens of rides, roller coasters, & attractions in five themed areas, there is something for everyone!

If you were planning on going back to Disneyland at the end of the month you might want to check in on those plans soon because there may be an issue

Yeah I don't think many places are suddenly just going to re-open at the start of April. As much as we all want this to be over soon, it's not that realistic.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't think many places are suddenly just going to re-open at the start of April. As much as we all want this to be over soon, it's not that realistic.
I didn't know if they'd stick to it but I'd already decided that even if they did, I likely would not go. Mid-May seems like a decent time to re-open. By then I'd assume we'd have at least one of the accessible treatment options up and working and you'll be able to leave your house again. Sure you might get it but at least you won't get bedridden for 2 weeks or get hospitalized or die

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I don't think Disneyland could even open in early April if they wanted to, given the status of the whole state of California, could they? The current shelter in place policy runs to April 19th.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
day care now closed starting next week. ours is under the Kinder Care umbrella...and they are closing nationally, except "essential" centers near hospitals and places that have a higher first responder/health care parent attendance.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
My mom told me even if Dewine shuts down Ohio she would still have to go to work since she is a office manager for a cemetery.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Disneyland could even open in early April if they wanted to, given the status of the whole state of California, could they? The current shelter in place policy runs to April 19th.
The problem is that the MOMENT they announce they're reopening, that park's gonna be flooded for days. Gotta remember that despite there being no classes it's peak spring break season right now. A good chunk of Disneyland's guest attendance comes from annual passholders. If the situation's still risky when Disneyland opens then all of it's gonna be for nothing.

I'm still banking on them waiting until an effective treatment gets announced so they can open and not give a shit anymore. Also their sanitation crew, already probably the hardest working employees in that park, sanitized the hell out of it during its closure, which is good because it's full of kids. Kids who like to play on the ground and touch stuff then immediately stick their entire hand into their mouth.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC to begin serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner to kids at various school sites, no questions asked. In addition to day care for essential city workers.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
California needs to put as many freeway construction workers as they can out there right now to finish up work on the freeways.

I'm totally serious. This is an amazing opportunity.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
California needs to put as many freeway construction workers as they can out there right now to finish up work on the freeways.

I'm totally serious. This is an amazing opportunity.
A number of construction guilds have been labeled nonessential jobs, my brother in-law is an union electrician and they got the notice last night to be pulled off their current job

Oct 25, 2017
My mom told me even if Dewine shuts down Ohio she would still have to go to work since she is a office manager for a cemetery.
Would still need people to bury the deceased, covid related or not, can't just keep bodies in a morgue, funeral home or etc. Would be curios what the cementary's guidelines are for funerals now, (10 people or less? streaming?)

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
My company said business as usual in Illinois (construction), but I think they're still figuring out the essential and non-essential trades.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I bet he never does and continues to wax poetic about how we're all in this together.
Thats very likely..
He seems very wishy washy on it all. Like he WANTS to do the shut down... and the states surrounding us are currently on shut down.

Id rather that SOMETHING is said definitively so people can stop worrying about the "will they or wont they".

Last edited:

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Thats very likely..
He seems very wishy washy on it all. Like he WANTS to do the shut down... and the states surrounding us are cuttently on shut down.

Id rather that SOMETHING is said definitively so people can stop worrying about the "will they or wont they".
For real. Like, I feel like I'm more likely to get laid off BECAUSE he is keeping us open. We just lost a lot of our big customers in PA for the foreseeable future because they are shut down (we make raw materials for other industries). If we were shut down I think we would all just go on leave until everything starts running again. The way things are now they're gonna have to lay half of us off.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Im in auto sales. Our dealership is doing all it can to operate normally.

But, the factory is closed.
The parts supplier warehouse... closed.
Paint supply warehouse... closed.
Auctions of where we get cars... closed.

Our sales guys are nervous as hell. Every day its a new "this is shut down". We all just look at each other wondering when we are next.

I drive one of the busiest highways in the state to get to work every day. Its been almost empty.

The fear is the worst part. Seriously.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know if they'd stick to it but I'd already decided that even if they did, I likely would not go. Mid-May seems like a decent time to re-open. By then I'd assume we'd have at least one of the accessible treatment options up and working and you'll be able to leave your house again. Sure you might get it but at least you won't get bedridden for 2 weeks or get hospitalized or die

April? Mid-May? Do you mean 2021? What am I reading...