• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shitshow here in NE Ohio. Grocery stores are EMPTY. And it's not just a few things... it's EVERYTHING.

If this gets any worse here, it's going to get very ugly.

So far shut down:
restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters, rec centers, indoor water parks, indoor trampoline parks, stores have drastically reduced hours.. and the list just keeps getting longer.

I will give DeWine credit, he's trying to get ahead of the issue. The infected numbers are skyrocketing here, so Im glad we are being cautious.
Heinens has been pretty well stocked.

Oct 25, 2017
I understand the importance of forcing these places to shut down, but it's frightening how many jobs will be lost with no real safety net in place. I see so many people on social media worrying about how they're gonna pay their bills.
Can confirm. Girlfriend just lost her job today due to impact of coronavirus and I doubt it'll be easy to find a new job during economy tanking pandemic. Our bills are now coming for me like the dude in this gif:
Jeiu0YY.gif

3E3DlJ6.jpg

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
McDonald's is closing off the seating areas of it's company owned stores, and urging franchises to do the same.

www.usatoday.com

McDonald's to shut seating, play areas amid COVID-19 pandemic

In the latest nod to how the coronavirus is disrupting Americans daily rituals ad patterns, McDonald's says that it is seating and play areas.

A number of other fast food joints, like Taco Bell, Chick Fil A, Hardee's/Carls Jr., Jack in the Box, and Cook Out are doing the same thing.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Stop posting this kind of thing. People are posting similar items in the COVID thread without any facts behind it.
They just shut down San Fran and New York is saying all options are on the table.

Any major population city is probably headed for a similar situation. The grocery stores are overrun.

MrWhiskers

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area and Silicon Valley going on lockdown for three weeks starting Tuesday at midnight https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/in-...rder-residents-to-stay-home-over-coronavirus/

Well there it is. Was waiting for it. I guess my wife and I can cross our pre trying to get pregnant trip off our list. So be it if it's for the greater good!

Here in NJ my company is doing business hours as usual. Not sure I quite agree with that since we're a manufacturing company.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Leaving my office right now (Santa Clara County in California). Just moved a bunch of stuff and prepped computers so we can securely work from home. Shelter-in-place starts at midnight.

The lame thing is that a lot of our clients have postponed projects as far back as a month ago as many of the work was related to game industry conventions, cyber security conventions, and educational locations. Money is gonna be tight :(

Never seen our parking lot so empty, either. We're practically in the middle of downtown.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Leaving my office right now (Santa Clara County in California). Just moved a bunch of stuff and prepped computers so we can securely work from home. Shelter-in-place starts at midnight.

The lame thing is that a lot of our clients have postponed projects as far back as a month ago as many of the work was related to game industry conventions, cyber security conventions, and educational locations. Money is gonna be tight :(

Never seen our parking lot so empty, either. We're practically in the middle of downtown.

I've been periodically checking traffic in the area and NEVER seen so much green during peak hours in the Bay Area... Too bad it wasn't normally like this, but considering the circumstance it sure makes it eerie :/

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I've been periodically checking traffic in the area and NEVER seen so much green during peak hours in the Bay Area... Too bad it wasn't normally like this, but considering the circumstance it sure makes it eerie :/
Yep, weird for so little traffic on a Monday of all days. A lot if the shops downtown were closed when I drove in, too. Giving my patronage to a sushi joint by my house before staying in for the next however many days.

May 9, 2019
Any rumblings about a NYC lockdown yet?
I'm seeing so many people say they have inside sources citing a 2 week or possibly a whole month mandatory lockdown but it's all rumors at this point.

I don't know if a whole month lockdown is even possible and how that would work but 2 weeks seems plausible. If we do get lockdown I better get my paid leave. Would retail stores even do this? We'll see...

May 9, 2019
Malls not being ordered to close at this point is insanely irresponsible . I work at a mall and it was packed yesterday with families and seniors who should have been staying the fuck home.
I work at Burlington and it was empty on the weekends. People still flocked over.

The hours are still the effing same though. You would think we would close earlier but nooooo.

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm seeing so many people say they have inside sources citing a 2 week or possibly a whole month mandatory lockdown but it's all rumors at this point.

I don't know if a whole month lockdown is even possible and how that would work but 2 weeks seems plausible. If we do get lockdown I better get my paid leave. Would retail stores even do this? We'll see...

Why isn't it possible for NYC? The entirety of France is on lockdown. We got this.

VGEsoterica

Dec 10, 2019
Chicago is a ghost town. Feels eerie even walking the dog. Both the wife and I are working from home, but it's day 5 and the boredom is already setting in hard. Hopefully Animal Crossing being delivered Friday helps!

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind if annoying how slow Florida is reacting to this.
We got loads of people coming in for spring break now so if they do something its going to be a mess.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Allen Theatres in NM and Arizona are temporarily closing until April 1st.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Andrew Cuomo on Twitter

“NEW: Effective immediately, @NewYorkStateAG & I are suspending state debt collection. NYers with student debt, medical debt & other state-referred debt will have payments frozen for at least 30 days. We're doing all we can to support those suffering financially due to #COVID19.”

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
Tampa Florida is business as usual. Everything is open and busy. Beaches crowded. Traffic only a little less than normal mostly from closed schools. Same for other cities around here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Tampa Florida is business as usual. Everything is open and busy. Beaches crowded. Traffic only a little less than normal mostly from closed schools. Same for other cities around here.

I'm really scared for Florida. Huge old population + tourism + completely irresponsible management of the situation...

Here in SoCal we're self-quarantining as a preventative measure, knowing we're already late and nobody here has forced us to do it yet. I can't imagine what it's like in states that aren't even shutting shit down right now.

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina's press conference is going on right now. They're increasing testing and there are over 1,000 samples waiting to be processed, so I'd expect the number of positive cases reported here in NC to increase in the next few days.

Update:
www.wral.com

Duke University Hospital has tents set up for potential coronavirus patients

Here are the latest updates on the impact of the coronavirus outbreak in North Carolina and across the globe from Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
2 p.m.: In addition to halting dine-in services at restaurants and bars statewide, Gov. Roy Cooper said an executive order that he signed Tuesday will make it easier for workers affected by the coronavirus pandemic to obtain unemployment benefits

So glad he's doing this, hopefully this will help.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago is a ghost town. Feels eerie even walking the dog. Both the wife and I are working from home, but it's day 5 and the boredom is already setting in hard. Hopefully Animal Crossing being delivered Friday helps!

Yep. All the idiots going on bar crawls this past Saturday scared everyone with a shred of common sense, and it seems like most people here are taking it very seriously now. The streets in my neighborhood are very quiet. I can see the Red Line from my apartment, and no one is on the train. Kinda spooky, especially on such a beautiful day.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
In NYC, looking out my window I see people still walking (nothing too crazy though). I haven't been out since Friday because I'm having very mild symptoms.

VGEsoterica

Dec 10, 2019
Yep. All the idiots going on bar crawls this past Saturday scared everyone with a shred of common sense, and it seems like most people here are taking it very seriously now. The streets in my neighborhood are very quiet. I can see the Red Line from my apartment, and no one is on the train. Kinda spooky, especially on such a beautiful day.

No shit? I can see the red line from mine too haha. Up North

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's in the thread but Houston (Harris County) is doing the no bars and restaurants as take out only.