• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The update was done by Durantes porting studio who also did Cold Steel 1-3 for PC.

Some of the improvements

Can completely modify keybindings to the game.
Redone anti aliasing
HBAO+ has been added to the game.
HD texture pack
Draw distance option has been added to the game.

Also 50% off right now on Steam

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Even on the stream I could see the improved anti aliasing. Nice work Durante and thanks for not forgetting about draw distance :P

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man I remember first hearing about Durante when Dark Souls came to PC. Crazy now that's he (and I think others saying his studio?) are being commissioned to do ports/patches officially. Kind of awesome.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit. I really want this but have too much on my plate...maybe I'll get it on sale and play it later?

The story of my life when it comes to games anymore lol. Send help.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to double dip for the pc version with those improvements. Got a lot of stuff coming in soon as well though. Hmmmmm

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious on how Lacrimosa of Dana would look without the Dreamcast tier textures

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Guess this finally makes the PC version the best way to play the game. I'm glad that they're taking advantage of the openness and scalability inherent to the platform.

Bought it on Switch, but I'll buy it again on PC. On a sucker for Falcom.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just beat this fantastic game on switch. Went in pretty low expectations and was blown away, I'd recommend if you enjoy JRPGS in any shape or form

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man...I wish I didn't already play this. Goddamn those are some fantastic updates. Really curious about local co-op. Hopefully this is sign of multiplayer in the future? Holy shit that would be so much fun.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Ha, wow.

I just finished this game like 2 weeks ago.

Well maybe I'll do the extra dungeon stuff.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
If only the saw blade surgery of a port that is the Switch version could get a performance update too.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
well fine i'll finally buy it after years of my friend pestering me about it
it's funny because we were talking about this last night

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Was thinking about getting this. Are the Y's games isolated stories? Or are they linked somehow. Just wondering cause i havent played any of them.

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking about getting this. Are the Y's games isolated stories? Or are they linked somehow. Just wondering cause i havent played any of them.

Each game stands by itself except for Ys 1 and 2. Besides those two, there's connecting lore and some returning characters but any game is a good place to start.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

I'd compare it more to something like Zelda, but instead of many different Links, there's just one.

There are references to other games but they're light. I think I and II are the closest of any of the games that have to be played together, but they're often sold together as a bundle for that very reason.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Thanks to everyone who tuned in for the stream this was probably my favorite thing to announce at a panel ever. If you are interested in how to set it up and what it looks like please tune in to our linked stream above. Big ups to the team and PH3 for their work.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone who tuned in for the stream this was probably my favorite thing to announce at a panel ever. If you are interested in how to set it up and what it looks like please tune in to our linked stream above. Big ups to the team and PH3 for their work.
Thank you so much for this update. Its fantastic. Is steam remote play activated for this?

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
aea0472223144bcbea2072d71945d1f362fe178e.png

Experience Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA like never before! New updates are now available for this thrilling RPG adventure, including improvements to graphics, performance/stability, input/UI, and even an EXPERIMENTAL LOCAL CO-OP feature! Be sure to check out the Community page for more info, including a full listing of all changes.

If you already own Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA, you can download the update immediately!

NEW CO-OP MODE
  • 2-Player local co-op mode has been added
About co-op mode:
  • Need to supply two Xinput controllers
  • You must have 2 or more characters in the party in order for the second player to join the game
  • SP is shared
  • Second player does not receive the "AI cheats" (i.e. AI-controlled characters only take half damage, whereas second player in co-op mode will take the full amount of damage)
  • Not officially supported and limited support will be available for troubleshooting
  • Graphics Quality Improvements - Arbitrary main rendering resolution, better anti-aliasing, higher-quality post-processing effects, and a high-end super-sampling option
  • Better Framerates - Greater gameplay smoothness with more accurate timing and animation sync at all framerates, improved frame-pacing, and high refresh rate support
  • High-Quality Shadows - Complete shadowing revamp featuring improved standard shadow filtering without performance loss; new, higher quality filter options; resolution options; and even additional shadow casters
  • More Depth in Environments - Implemented HBAO+ ambient occlusion as an alternative higher-quality SSAO option, providing more depth and plasticity to all scenes
  • Improved Draw Distance - Added a draw distance setting which applies to grass/clutter, monsters, and NPCs, completely eliminating pop-in on the highest settings
  • High-Quality Textures - Added high-quality texture pack (generated from original sources, partially with AI upsampling, and full mipmaps)

79e77c430c4a193b6d637b9072d3ec24c8296199.png

5e5dee5d5a6928a5da14d0aa26126bdf4415c9c3.gif

bad5d8aef0283c98bf3a8a7174821ff596c7a010.png

7327a32fd0b8369e35938a9e7851b9ea6bc4dfc0.png

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Holy guacamole! I have been waiting for a good sale on this for a while and the new patch makes this an easy sale for me. Thanks Durante!

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I think the first comparison makes the Before look better but preferences and all that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Happy that tou didn't just left the port in a bad state, thanks! Any plans to also add the missing DLC to the game? Those that are exclusive to Vita/Switch?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This does not look better after:

79e77c430c4a193b6d637b9072d3ec24c8296199.png

Gives the characters a weird puppet/doll-like look instead of an anime look.