• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
It is a meme. Like most of his manifesto, the dude knew how to hit the right points on getting the media's attention.

And this is not related to the disgusting act that happened. Who PewDiePie is doesn't matter to why the lunatic terrorist shot up a mosque, the deranged man chose that path with or without PewDiePie's "psychotic fanbase" influences.

Imagine stepping in to a thread about a mass shootings specifically to defend PewDiePie.

Can you kindly fuck off forever?

Oct 25, 2017
If Jack at twitter was worth a shit. They'd disable picture and videos right now on their platform until they get a handle on this shit.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm A Kiwi Muslim who grew up Dunedin and Hamilton. This is making me tear up. NZ is probably the most tolerant country for multi faiths and a beacon of how successful multi culturalism to the world.

But maybe I'm naive and hate is actually constantly simmering underneath our beloved Aotearoa
Hey, the better parts of the modern world love you. This may not mean much at the moment but I'm in Canada and after our fairly recent mosque shooting I and others reached out to our muslim brethren and supported each other.

Likewise, we're here for you if you need us. Reach out to us or me specifically via PM or on twitter at JoekumaManuma if you want to talk.

Hate is everywhere but we can prove together that humanity is better than this. You are loved.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Btw how the fuck isnt something like this instantly shut down on live stream sites

There needs to be more done on that front

And fuck 8chan

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
What fucking madness! RIP to the victims; and love to their families and those injured. :(

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Fucking horrific..he really hits the pure trifecta of piece of shit with all of this...

I hope the family, friends can get past all this and the people who were only wounded survive.

I wonder how long exactly the stream was up, it feels like Facebook's livestream has this big problem, it feels like no-one actually moderates it...or it's used so little that no-one who can actually report it watches it.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me of course a shit site like that is his safe place. This no regulation bullshit doesn't work in the brick and mortar world and it wasn't very going to work in the techno libertarian bullshit Eutopia the nerds are obsessed with.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey here's a thought

Maybe when a man fucking murders children on camera, we can stop talking about his behavior as attention-seeking trolling.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The way he acted, the stuff he wrote on the weapons, sounds like the typical 4chan troll.

Fucking horrifying.

Totally just trolling. Why do y'all keep minimizing their shit by calling them trolls and edgelords. They are vile pieces of shit for even spending any amount of time on those sites.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is a meme. Like most of his manifesto, the dude knew how to hit the right points on getting the media's attention.

And this is not related to the disgusting act that happened. Who PewDiePie is doesn't matter to why the lunatic terrorist shot up a mosque, the deranged man chose that path with or without PewDiePie's "psychotic fanbase" influences.

Hi, defending an alt right dogwhistler is not important when people are struggling with dozens of people being killed by an intolerant fuck. Your priorities are absolutely fucked.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I saw the video.

I saw it because it started auto playing while I was reading posts.

I'm a wreck. I saw people literally getting shot. Literally dying. All because of one man who had the audacity to treat this as some sort of great purging.

I'm furious. I'm in tears. I have so many things I want to scream out but they don't come out.

If I see anyone ever defending sites like 8chan or even THINKING of trying to "understand" this maniac, you are no friend of mine. And I will treat you as such.

And to think that people like Candice Owen are laughing at "the Left" for trying to connect her with this lunatic or that she influenced him. Even though he has clearly stated that she inspired him.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech
Not a PDP fan. But dude was just using shitty 8chan meme shit there. Blaming pdp at all is asinine.

Oct 25, 2017
Not in the video, he plays some meme songs however but he just posted links to his manifesto on 8chan and link to the stream.
However the site is getting flooded, matter of time before authorities want shit from it. Lots of toxic shit on that website

I also saw he posted his weapons with writting on them about what he wanted to do on twitter a couple of days or so before the attack, I wonder if those fuckers even need something like 8chan when they can openly do that on mainstream platforms

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm going to repeat this endlessly until mods either respond or ban me.

Reverse your policy of allowing discussion of THQ Nordic games until literally everyone involved in the 8chan AMA is fired. No more half measures because people want to talk about Mah Vidya Games.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Totally just trolling. Why do y'all keep minimizing their shit by calling them trolls and edgelords. They are vile pieces of shit for even spending any amount of time on those sites.

They start as trolls. It's a game to them. It's worth pointing out. That's the gestation period. Then it explodes into actual, very real violence.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is crazy to me that Twitter doesn't have some sort of 'media switch' they can flick during active shooter situations that automatically disable auto-play on all videos on their platform, or immediately spoiler-tag any images related to searches about an active shooting, requiring you to opt-in to see it. Something like that should have be

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Everyday I grow more and more worried that this eventually will happen in my own neighborhood, in a school or a market or a church, and knowing absolutely nothing will change for the better because of tragedies like these happening will never cease to upset me.

Jul 26, 2018
I regret watching the video.... tragic... just tragic...

This is at least 20 people. The poor innocent lives were all piled up and he continued shooting.... fucking tragic....

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
It is underestimated how seriously these people take their "meme-y" view of the world.
On 8chan's /pol/, everyone is cheering on the shooter, and attacking anyone who disagrees.
Sick fuckers, should hunt down every cunt on that site cheering him on and prosecute for inciting violence.

Stay safe NZera

My daughter is in Sydney at the school climate change protests and I know they were occurring in NZ too, makes me wonder if this was planned due to police being tied up with that, plus huge crowds adding to the confusion.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Weirdly enough as a non white Canadian I was hoping to visit NZ through work holiday visa; I wonder if that is still advisable given they can't even track troubled Australians.

Oct 25, 2017
The PDP thing is tertiary to the actual problem.

The global alt right is a creation of nihilism. These people are deeply nihilistic, they don't care about human life, they don't care about the sanctity of human existence. Everything the do isn't because of some deeply held racist beliefs, it's "for the lelz" because everything is a joke. Taking things seriously is a joke. Living is a joke. Doing something like this is a profound statement for their warped and perverse form of meaning that they derive from our hyper-reality. Because they spend all day online, being radicalized because that's the only avenue for "meaning" that they can actually find.

This is an issue that runs deeper than a youtuber and a few bad actors. This is an issue with how we treat the interconnectivity we now have and how social media actually isolates and insulates us more than anything else. How it allows people like these monsters to burrow in and bury themselves into this facade of meaningful engagement when it's all just them being manipulated by the most nihilistic sociopath's possible. People who literally just want the world to burn around them because they don't care about others, including their own thralls or their white nationalist ethnostate dreams, beyond how they can be used to give them a flash of importance before they themselves die meaningless deaths.

We are fucking live streaming mass murder not as a "look at this awful thing happening" but because it's a perverse form of engagement and entertainment. Because it's a window into madness without having to step there ourselves.

God this is so fucking depressing.
Thank you for this post.

I feel sick.

Do we know how many people died?

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada

So you'd agree that PDP and his fanbase influenced the shooter? PDP bears responsibility for the influence he wields, even if it was just one of many factors leading to the shooter's decision. Don't absolve him of that.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Nothing will happen to PDP

But its clear that these are signals to alt rights to rally around him. The subreddit needs to be fucking cleaned up

The fact that they can get children to shield them is disgusting. The problem is, no one is having this discussion
Since the thread won't shut up about him...
I wonder how he'll respond to this. He was greatly disappointed when some idiots wrote "Subcribe to Pewdiepie" on a WWII memorial. But this is about 10,000x worse than that.