• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I am Not talking about ps5. I am talking generally. He always talks like this... he is boring in all these videos and interviews and such. As I said, he just repeats himself all the time. And he keeps answering with the same answers, even on questions that were about something completely else. I am neutral on Phil, but this really bothers me about him. He is trying to convince everybody of their goodwill in everything Microsoft related SOO FUCKING HARD. You know what I mean? I get it Phil, I have been hearing about this for the last 2 or 3 years nonstop.

What is he supposed to say? That he's neutral on the matter and has no feelings either way?

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
The opposite is actually true: Microsoft would definitely want to overshadow Deathloop and ghostwire, since they're going to be timed exclusive on PlayStation 5. Having your own games unavailable on your own platform is bad PR. They'd want a big release to overshadow the news.
Yea but i dont think bethesda want to do that or is even able to do that. Bethesda probably planned deadloop for early 2021 with ghostwire being fall and 2022 starfield ect ect. I dont think bethesda wants to change that(their internal plans and projections) and the last thing MS wants is to rush todd howard, bc if they do todd will be gone before you can say "hello".

Besides that at the end of the day MS wants to recoop the cost ASAP and getting licencing cost from people who buy the ps5 timed exclusives will only help in that way.

Although i do really wonder how they will handle big games like elder scrolls and fallout from now on. TESV sols 30 million across multiple generations and keeping it to pc and xbox(gamepass) will probably cut that by a 2/3rds. I really dont mind if the big games also come to other platforms day and date. Oh well cant wait for my xbox.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Yea but i dont think bethesda want to do that or is even able to do that. Bethesda probably planned deadloop for early 2021 with ghostwire being fall and 2022 starfield ect ect. I dont think bethesda wants to change that(their internal plans and projections) and the last thing MS wants is to rush todd howard, bc if they do todd will be gone before you can say "hello".

It's not like Bethesda never released games close to each other. They released Dishonored, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, and The Evil Within 2 in the Fall 2017. They'll release them when they're ready.

Nothing in that interview gave me the impression that Starfield is far away. They all were basically "wink-wink-we'll reveal it when the moment is right."

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I've said yesterday that Bethesda and Microsoft have always been a bit like Square and Sony to me. You could feel the trust and friendship between these folks. I do hope that Bethesda not having to worry about sales anymore will enable teams like Arkane and Tango Gameworks to go wild in the future, too!

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm Unironically waiting for Skyrim to hit game pass because I've never played it

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I know all four of these guys are crazy experienced with PR, spinning, etc. but this interview just feels genuine. Just four people discussing their passion and work experience together. Pretty cool.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Todd Howard has this expression like holding his laughter because he just remembered a very good joke from 30 years ago.
tenor.gif

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Really great interview. I could listen to these guys all day!

Also, damn I'm excited to see/hear more about Starfield. It's one of my most anticipated games for sure!

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't epic convince Sony to double the PS3 RAM? I guess it was obvious that 256 just wasn't going to cut it for HD

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Starfield question was hilarious.

I don't get the impression that it's early in development or anything like that, but rather they want wait to showcase until it's closer to release. Somewhat similar to Fallout 4.
They will most likely reveal it at E3 2021 and release it in the Fall.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy to think someone could avoid it, I've played Skyrim on 360, PS3, PS4, PC, my toaster, fridge freezer, and oven.

No shit, eh? I still love the game, even though it just seems to keep popping up. The crazy thing about it is that I have wanted to get back into it, but with the absurd amount of mods that are available, I can never get the game to run right with the mods I want. I literally break the game minutes into starting it.

Todd really sums up how much Gamepass liberates devs to take chances, have relief of not having sales pressures hanging overhead development and allowing more people to check out their content

Really is a cool concept and would not be surprised to see more devs wanting to be under that umbrella
Lmao yet another bogus reason that people in that thread were claiming would be the reason why the games touched outside of Xbox/PC/Streaming debunked. Glad we have confirmation that having content for gamepass >>>> sales

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Really great interview. Lots of funny stories and quips.

On a final note, prior to this interview I'd have been in camp that believes all Bethesda games will be Xbox/PC exclusive from here on out, but after this interview, and Phil and Pete's repeat reiteration of wanting games to be accessible to as many gamers and audiences as possible, knowing that the PS5 is still likely to be leading sales and install base wise going forward, I can't help but feel there is actually a chance at least some of the games may still be multiplatform, even if at a later timed release, especially when presumably this other version has already been worked on for some time.

I could be well off here, but that's just the impression I got from this interview and the comments made. Doesn't make a difference to me either way, as there's no way I'm paying £60+ each for multiple games that I could otherwise just get on Game Pass. Even if you could get ES6 or whatever on PS5, it still makes sense to save up to get an XSS/XSX, for the rest of Bethesda's games, not to mention the entire GP library.
I hear you, but that's the language they use to talk about Xbox now in general. It's used to sell Game Pass, cloud, PC, etc.

I get this is different than past acquisitions, but at some point when these studios are fully integrated into Xbox, I just don't see what differentiates their output from a Playground or Obsidian that means they would somehow make it onto PlayStation when other first party games do not.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped by this thread and imagine my surprise to see it go this way.

For the record: this (disgusting) claim is false

Don't even need to bother going on the record, man!

For what it's worth I enjoyed the interview and would like to see more candid interviews with your developers like this. Todd is a great guy to listen to go on about the old days. I could listen to discussion about Morrowind for hours (please remaster Morrowind) :)