• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I met majornelson at an event his team had set up at Microsoft Cambridge (NERD) the day before the first PAX East in 2009. Really nice guy. We chatted about the area. He's from Massachusetts, and I think his sister lives in the same city that I live in.

I've always enjoyed listening to his podcasts. He usually has some good interviews.

I've also worked at a big company for 20 years (this year!). Surviving that long is an accomplishment. :-)

Congratulations!

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive, congrats. I got the chance to meet him too at an Xbox One launch event in Seattle. Was super friendly

pShfPRn.jpg

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
he has to be one of the few people consistently there throughout whole xbox history i guess, or maybe since 360 at least.
that itself is pretty special.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always seemed like a cool person, and down-to-earth enough to make time for fans, as well
A24ZRmq.gif
Having worked at an old company, this dude gives off that "old guy who don't give a shit and ain't about to help you but is friendly with the boss" energy.
Ah yes good old Major "we can't just flip a switch" Nelson.
How he survived the xbox one era sure is an accomplishment.
The spectacular hypocrisy on his face at the final moment....

Falsehood in a GIF
Ya'll are a bunch of miserable gits

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I like Larry :) Feel like Microsoft still has some persons we know connected to the customer while Nintendo and Sony are a bit more disconnected from me.

He and Spencer are amazing to have at Xbox what it is today

I love Spencer but Larry has said so many things that were blatantly false that I just can't get behind him. I put him in the same category as Aaron Greenberg

Ya'll are a bunch of miserable gits

Lol.

They are right though.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
What a great read. Kind of sad this place is so bitter. The man is dropping some gold nuggets and you are all attacking him for not having a perfect happy face after a full day at a convention taking photos.

majornelson thanks for everything you do for gaming and the awesome energy you bring to the community! To 10 more years!

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah same, back in 2008. I think he was talking about tweeting a short message from a plane somewhere

I signed up in June 2007, checked his Twitter and he was on November 2006 I think it was. I was more into HTML and web stuff at the time, and I want to say maybe it was something on an Xbox website or his blog or one thing or another, and he was able to show updates from Twitter by sending them on his phone. That got me interested and then I was seeing what other people were doing/rigging Twitter to do and jumped on.

So yeah, you're not the only person who got onto Twitter because of him, haha.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Met Larry at PAX 2008 at the Xbox booth, fun guy, very personable and no one there seemed to know who he was so we chatted for a couple minutes about the NXE for 360 and Gears of War.

Nice dude, would smalltalk again.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations majornelson

You have been an iconic and effective spokesperson for Xbox, and I love your unabashed personality. Your blog was one of the first sources I found for Xbox news, and has been the gateway to the Xbox community for many.

I have bumped into you several times online, and once in real life, and they've all exciting experiences for me. I wish you the best!

Feb 1, 2018
Dude is mad innovative- his blog in the 360 era was basically the first time an "influencer" used social media to grow a brand's userbase. It's standard practice for most companies now.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
His podcast was the first one I listened to when I was in high school, which is a long time ago. Gave me lots of comfort during tough times, be it biking an hour to the school or spending brakes in the forest on my own.

I continuously roll my eyes at his Americanized and commercial style of interviewing which often comes down to "Tell us how the amazing power of Xbox enabled you to make your game" and "That wouldn't be possible without the incredible power of Xbox, right?!". But I understand why he does that and it's just fun to me at this point :-)