• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His manifesto just reads like a gigantic troll that makes it intentionally impossible to decipher any real influences. Spyro 3 causing etho-nationalism?

Candace Owens would have been "fine" admidst the chaos of it if she didn't respond the way she did. Christ. Who laughs at that shit?

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just so we're clear, I'm specifically talking about the pdp/cadence owens/fortnite and spyro 3 part, which for some reason people seem to care about more than the fact that almost 30 people died.

Unless you seriously think spyro 3 and fortnite flossy dance inspired the shooting.
"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Wait so this was multiple people? How many shooters were there? Regardless I think 8chan has certainly lost the right to exist. Too much awful shit has come from there. Sure those people will plan find new places. But breaking that centralized trash up would be a good start.
I think the police said they had 4 in custody. I dont know how many actual shooters there were tho. Apperantly two places got hit tho and from what I understand only one person streamed it so possibly two shooters and 2 others that helped? new info is still coming up.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
I want to see him realistically and earnestly evaluate his contributions to a culture that allowed for this to happen. Then I want to see him promise to help fight this shit and start making real concerted efforts to do so. Not just financial donations but also using his platform to denounce hate... I don't think he's beyond redemption, but he has a long fucking road ahead of him if he wants to prove he's not a total piece of shit. (I'm not holding my breath on this.)
I was going to say something along these lines. He should know by now how many heinous things his followers will do in his name, and this murderer's just one example of the trend. Even assuming he genuinely feels awful for the namedrop and for the people lost to white nationalism terrorism, tweeting a cover-your-ass message no longer suffices. Matt Furie's an example of what to do: remove one's creative property from anyone co-opting it for hateful acts and messaging. It's a more complex task for PewDiePie, sure, but he has the skills and resources to do the right thing here, if he realizes why and how that will help his career going forward.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
"This person." Dude has an audience of almost 90 million people. Call the shit out for what it is. Give a name to it and be specific. Anything short of calling out the neo nazis white supremacist audience he has cultivated is too little at this point.

Thoughts and prays aren't worth anything when he's just going to make another video telling his followers to be mad at brown people the next day.

100% truth here.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Founded on genocide? That sounds a lot like every country in the Americas. Apartheid? You mean like South Africa? How about all the countries in Africa that are devastated by tribalism? Does the Darfur or Rwandan genocide ring a bell? Have you heard of the Rohingya or Uyghurs? It takes serious ignorance to think the US is the only country that has had massive racism.

I didn't say the only country with racism, I said the gold (well, erroneously golden) standard.

I don't know why this is a debate in a post where a white supremacist terrorist act literally on the other side of the world specifically mentioned America's racial issues as part of the impeteous of the attack. I too can name horrible acts of international bigotry like the Holocaust, etc, which circles back to the fact it doesn't negate America's continous racism issues from inception until today. Its in its policing, in its politics, who gets bank loans, and once in a blue moon you get a comparable race based terrorist attack like today.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my sincerest plea to the moderators is that anybody dismissing this as trolling or downplaying pewdiepie's lack of introspection gets banned

it's a drain on the discussion and as a person living really close to where this happened, it's fucking insulting. the focus should not be letting people get away with mealy mouthed bullshit. we're all better than this.

May 30, 2018
Just so we're clear, I'm specifically talking about the pdp/cadence owens/fortnite and spyro 3 part, which for some reason people seem to care about more than the fact that almost 30 people died.

Unless you seriously think spyro 3 and fortnite flossy dance inspired the shooting.

I'm talking about the whole manifesto, sorry if you weren't

The other poster you quoted dismissed the whole manifesto as trolling, I thought you agreed with him

Yes, parts of his manifesto contains absolute BS for the "lolz", but overall it is certainly not a troll

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus another chan related terrorism act in less than a week? That's insane.

What a fucking awful world we live in...

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
PDP has been pointed to for quite a while fostering an audience of white supremacists. Now we got a video of the guy saying sub to him before he kills everyone. And yet we still have people in here pretending none of that exists and all these awful people running in the same circles is a big fat coincidence etc etc. Overall, shit people defending other shit people.
I kinda figured it was the meme, but wanted to be sure. I know it won't happen but he NEEDS to be held accountable.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus ... I was wondering why there was a police presence outside my university's prayer hall.
Reading that manifesto is fucking infuriating if you know basic NZ and AUS history.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
" Thanks for the verdict, Just letting you know that I was told by a fellow Judge that major active shooting has happened in Christchurch" That was one huge bombshell none of the people were expecting especially since most of us didn't even have communication for hours and were expecting positivity overall. Never even imagined it would even happen in NZ.

Oct 25, 2017
My highest rated comment on reddit is now me calling out the admins for letting T_D exist in the face of shit like this. I'm sick of these very public ratholes we let thrive on the internet.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking about the whole manifesto, sorry if you weren't

The other poster you quoted dismissed the whole manifesto as trolling, I thought you agreed with him

Yes, parts of his manifesto contains absolute BS for the "lolz", but overall it is certainly not a troll
I did not read the whole manifesto, it was just those trolling parts stood out. Sorry if that didn't come across in my post.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Not to further belabor things, but I think people misread. The spyro 3 thing in his manifesto is sarcasm. He's saying videogames and media didn't 'teach him extremism/violence'

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"This person." Dude has an audience of almost 90 million people. Call the shit out for what it is. Give a name to it and be specific. Anything short of calling out the neo nazis white supremacist audience he has cultivated is too little at this point.

Thoughts and prays aren't worth anything when he's just going to make another video telling his followers to be mad at brown people the next day.
That should have been the first thing out of his mouth. I expect him to completely denounce any and all white supremacy and Neo Nazis.

Anything less is unacceptable.

Last edited:

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
His manifesto just reads like a gigantic troll that makes it intentionally impossible to decipher any real influences. Spyro 3 causing etho-nationalism?

Candace Owens would have been "fine" admidst the chaos of it if she didn't respond the way she did. Christ. Who laughs at that shit?
In his response where he mentions Spyro and Fortnite, he obviously means it as a joke to highlight the idiocy of the question itself. He clarifies his answer afterward with a "no".

He speaks like he's trying to get upvotes on reddit in a few places, but overall he means what he says. Even his jokes are malicious. He may speak in memes here and there but he genuinely means what he says. I mean, he kind of showed it...

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god, New Zealand is the last place I expected this to happen. I was just thinking recently how I would love to visit there since it's so gorgeous and peaceful. I wish I could do something to help those affected :(

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That manifesto is something else. It's going to unfortunately inspire other racist cowards. We must remain vigilant somehow.

The talk about invaders is double standards at its core. I mean is the guy purposefully forgetting history?

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
I kinda figured it was the meme, but wanted to be sure. I know it won't happen but he NEEDS to be held accountable.
yeah he needs to like come out with something of substance asap because if not then he is just saying that using his name in a shooting is fine by him. Worst thing you will get is a meh tweet like wtf.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In his response where he mentions Spyro and Fortnite, he obviously means it as a joke to highlight the idiocy of the question itself. He clarifies his answer afterward with a "no".

He speaks like he's trying to get upvotes on reddit in a few places, but overall he means what he says. Even his jokes are malicious. He may speak in memes here and there but he genuinely means what he says. I mean, he kind of showed it...
Yeah, this was what I was trying to get across but poorly explained.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You are a coward just like him.

Look, the people who are responsible are the people who did this horrible act and the toxic ideology that spewed them.

Felix has said some dumb shit, and he should be rightfully called out on the things he says. I'm not defending those things, i'm defending the fact he should not be blamed for this mass shooting. He's condemned it, and I think his statement is acceptable. He can offer his support in other ways like he's done before, so I hope he does that.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
:/ How about condemning hate groups and islamaphobia? He seemed more upset that his name was tarnished than understanding the root cause of this problem.
Why do we have to choose? we can condemn them all in different ways

The disgusting amount of hate he has foster should not be ignore at all.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Downplaying white nationalist rhetoric as "trolling."
he streamed on Facebook Live.

the manifesto was posted on 8chan from what I understand. Not gonna even look that garbage up tho fuck that
The manifesto is poorly written and is more-or-less full of memes and other intentionally useless information. It's difficult to ascertain his real motive from that documentation.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Ah, I was told otherwise

Also yes, don't look at it. That's what they want.
When I heard this happened i didnt fuckin believe it so I ended up watching part of the shooting already :/

Not gonna even bother with the 8chan shit tho, ill get what it has from people posting on it and obviously the media will pick it up eventually

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Look, the people who are responsible are the people who did this horrible act and the toxic ideology that spewed them.

Felix has said some dumb shit, and he should be rightfully called out on the things he says. I'm not defending those things, i'm defending the fact he should not be blamed for this mass shooting. He's condemned it, and I think his statement is acceptable. He can offer his support in other ways like he's done before, so I hope he does that.

Just a hypothetical but if you had white supremacists worship you, how would you respond to them? Would you just keep going about your business and try to ignore them?