• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I'm saying PDP's toxicity isn't because of the US. It's a copout to say the US is the capital of islamaphobia when there have been major racist undertones across europe pre 9/11
I mean just look at the National Front in France. A legitimate political party that is centered around going after Muslims.

Islamaphobia is a global problem for sure.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Just posted this in my friends group chat as they are not as savvy with games etc as me: Internet is new in the grand scheme of things, people around our age who grew up fusing their identities with laughed at things like games and comics and finding community in horrendous places like 4chan have now grown up and live in a world where those things are now cool and not just catered to them (straight white male nerd). How this perceived "loss" manifests into racial hatred, homophobia and mysoginy is a question for a psychiatrist, but on a simple level it's who they see is taking it from them. All the while that hate is fanned by monsters like Trump and Milo and Richard Spencer some of whom are literal Nazis, others who just give Nazis a platform to spout their bullshit, or claim that Nazis and "people who believe in equality and justice for all" are as bad as each other.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
If there's multiple cars with multiple IEDs, and multiple locations were attacked, than the chances of multiple attackers makes more sense than there just being one person right? Which then leads straight into the scary thought of who else is part of this group?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
how many minorities have to die before you acknowledge that there is a systemic neonazi problem throughout the western world?

Conservatives the world over always make anything associated with white people very isolationist if it's a position of violence, but quick to group everybody as evil if it's something done by darker people.

They likely won't ever acknowledge it. That's why it's always thoughts and prayers to those suffering from mentally ill lone rangers. But if it's a black person shooting a cop or Sharia extremism, it's the whole race that's in shadow because they all are a hivemind.

I mean, let's link this back to America for one moment: just this past weekend we had someone on Fox News imply a member of congress might secretly be motivated by Sharia law, making her an "enemy" to the United States. It's always white lone rangers but a collective darker other, and this is will seemingly never change.

Look at how quick established people on social media attributed to flaming these types of thoughts have played this game in their responses. Every. Single. One.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
This was caused solely by Trump. He was the catalyst as he provided "courage" to all these fucks to come out of their shithole.

Wouldn't credit him too much because in the manifesto he refers to Trump as a symbol for renewed "white entity" but derides him pointedly for being an inept leader. That said, he has become a symbol for normalizing, perhaps irreversibly, all sorts of bigotry online.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
West = white and developed. It's a definition used by pretty much everyone, not just the right. Of all the things to pull them up on...

It goes without saying that I rebuke their actions and their words and their beliefs. It was a perhaps poorly formed attempt at drawing attention to the cowardly dogwhistling that comes along with these types of beliefs.

milch

Oct 25, 2017
What's the motivation for going to NZ for this as an Australian?

Or are the other perpetrators local?

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm so fucking angry right now I don't know what to do with myself. Everyone I'd talk to is already asleep but this news has made me so upset I can't go to bed now.

Jesus Christ every single one of the pricks who encourage this through their words and actions needs to be deplatformed and ran out of the public eye.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What's the motivation for going to NZ for this as an Australian?

Or are the other perpetrators local?
He wanted to prove that "Islam has invaded every western country" so that causing a tragedy in a remote location like NZ would bring light to this.

Fucking scumbag.

ChainedRedone

Banned
Dec 29, 2018
Ehh, maybe not specifically islamophobia.

But the US is literally the golden standard of worldwide systemic racism and bias.

Gold standard*

And the only reason it'd be considered the gold standard is because it basically is the center of the world and gets all the attention. This shit happens in every diverse country.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't take the manifesto seriously, as it reads like they're trolling the whole time.

That's the alt-right modus operandi and very much intentional. Even Trump does it. It is specifically crafted to recruit new members (or more precisely, affect readers in a specific, sympathetic, way). Like others have said, it's sort of an affectation of nihilism.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think she's freaking out and going into some sort of irony joke mode as a defence because this is really bad news for her.

Which is not at all exculpatory she's been drumming up right wing hate against Muslims for ages now she can't wash her hands of this.

Yeah sure, I'm sure Candace Owens feels bad about anything ever.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sorry this thread moves too fast, has a number of victims been announced?
I am heartbroken by this.
It is terrorism. no if ands or buts.
Honestly feel 8chan should be classified as a terrorist organization

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Pathetic. This prick needs to fucking own up and take responsibility.

But thats the problem. Its easy for him, and his followers, to say that this (points at generic asshole online behavior) is different from this (points at bigoted asshole behavior) not seeing they are one in the same.

I dont expect him to instantly rebuke everything he's done, but hopefully this brings home that whatever he may tell himself as he swims in gold coins like Scrouge McDuck...he's not one of the good guys.

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK!!! Livestream murder, 8chan, pdp, white supremacist...it's like a culmination of the worst thing this generation has to offer.

Also...fuck you Pachter.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
this is hitting me harder than most mass shootings do. Probably the 15 seconds of the video I watched.

More and more I'm thinking about quitting my job in a few years and trying to join the FBI to try and help stop stuff like this. Its so sickening.
This wouldn't be the same FBI that were directed to scale back on investigating and observing white supremacist groups by the Trump administration would it?

year3255

Oct 25, 2018

apparently, one of the terrorist posted pictures of his guns on twitter before the shooting with references to nazi numerology and white supremacist references written on his guns.

May 30, 2018
I wouldn't take the manifesto seriously, as it reads like they're trolling the whole time.

Didn't read like a troll whatsoever, outside of the Navy Seal copypasta

He's literally a Neo Nazi hoping to start a crusade, you can see by the way he's obsessed with the Turkish ppl

The stuff with birth rates and invader talk is straight up from the classic white nationalist playbook

No trolling detected

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
8chan has some of the worst kind of people that even 4chan (still a shitty website) couldn't tolerate, and the people there are fucking psychopaths.

And fuck this shooter too, this guy came from Australia just to target muslims and immigrants in NZ, so of course he choose the mosque as the perfect target because its full of brown people there.......