• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
As a Muslim, I have no words.

And this was during Friday prayers, more than 50 people guranteed at the mosque as it was Jummah Prayers. This guy went in and destroyed the lives of tons of people, for what?

I just don't know what to say anymore. I really don't.

I have not and will not watch that video, but you just know that childrens lives were destroyed too. Kids that just wanted to join their parents for Friday prayers.

This is just heartbreaking. We can't even pray in peace anymore. Fuck this world for doing this to us.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it almost took place in Dunedin a few hundred metres from the university. Was there today. Shits scary to think about, these are very, very small cities

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hm... On 8chan, the board owner of /v/ is strongly disturbed by the people cheering on the shooter (parts of what he said: "WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Fucking stormfags, it was meant to be a fucking larp. A FUCKING LARP. You don't fucking kill people and fucking joke about it you mentally ill fuck. What a fucking retarded psychopath. . . . Yes we make jokes about Hitler and Jews and Blacks, but it's the same shit as the satan shit in the 70's. No one deserves to die, because of their race, religion or their genitals.") and is getting mocked by a lot of people as a result.
It would seem that at least some people over there did not think that this whole hateful nonsense was serious. But the vast majority of the site is in favor of the shooter. If 8chan doesn't get shut down, it's very well possible that the non-serious "memey" users will simply leave, and the site will become even more vile than it already is...
What's that quote? People who get their kicks by pretending to be idiots will find themselves surrounded by actual idiots who believe themselves in good company? Something like that.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
These fuckers are lighting the world in fire for dollars to stack on their dollars.

This is absolutely true. Digital capitalism has been a big growing social, educational and financial cancer.

Of course, sociopaths hurting people have been around since forever, but in this day and age they can find their motivation and their "cause" within minutes, just by opening a web browser. And this is pretty scary. A similar thing happened in Italy one year ago, the racial shooting in the city of Macerata by a fascist guy named Luca Traini. He shot 6-7 african people, but fortunately they all survived.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm... On 8chan, the board owner of /v/ is strongly disturbed by the people cheering on the shooter (parts of what he said: "WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Fucking stormfags, it was meant to be a fucking larp. A FUCKING LARP. You don't fucking kill people and fucking joke about it you mentally ill fuck. What a fucking retarded psychopath. . . . Yes we make jokes about Hitler and Jews and Blacks, but it's the same shit as the satan shit in the 70's. No one deserves to die, because of their race, religion or their genitals.") and is getting mocked by a lot of people as a result.
It would seem that at least some people over there did not think that this whole hateful nonsense was serious. But the vast majority of the site is in favor of the shooter. If 8chan doesn't get shut down, it's very well possible that the non-serious "memey" users will simply leave, and the site will become even more vile than it already is...

That sounds like someone less worried about what happened and more worried about the fact that their corner of the internet is going to be burnt to the ground soon. And have way more mainstream attention then they ever wanted.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
This is fucking awful. 27+ people died and it's still not being labeled as a terror attack.

Sigh.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
my heart is will all my era peeps in this dark evening, especially all the muslims among us <3
This shakes me to my core, this can't keep happening. ffs

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

8chan needs to be taken down. This is just awful.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am currently in NZ at the moment and will be in Christchurch in the next couple of days. This is scary shit.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

Yeah I don't buy the "very fine people" type of description of people over there who are "appalled" at this happening.

"I'm shocked that the people who were advocating murdering innocent people because of their race/religion/sexuality are applauding a guy who murdered innocent people because of their race/religion/sexuality."

Fuck right the hell off with this bullshit. If you're so disturbed why are you there in the first place?

Jan 10, 2018

Blaming mental illness instead of their shared belief system. Very republican.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What's that quote? People who get their kicks by pretending to be idiots will find themselves surrounded by actual idiots who believe themselves in good company? Something like that.
Fucking nailed it. This is especially concerning with the whole PewDiePie situation. His brand of ironic alt-right humor is welcoming to actual fucking white nationalist terrorists. He needs to wake up and acknowledge this. Actions have consequences.

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
Our Prime Minister MUST come out and call this for what it is, a terrorist attack on New Zealand. It's not just an 'act of violence' this is full blown terrorist attack on New Zealand.

Jan 31, 2018
No one gives a fark about what Trump thinks or tweets. The less attention to that demented, mentally challenged syphilitic-riddled blob the better.

Right wing conservatives are such a cancer on this earth.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
White Supremacists are the most dangerous terrorist group to ever exist. We need to start treating them all like it.
Shit needs to be stamped out; white supremacists need to quit being treated with baby gloves. Their ideology needs to be pulled from the roots. It's a weed, and it's becoming more and more rampant-

I just don't know how without major force and targeted attacks from within- and in a country (USA) where that filth has grown within our police force, I genuinely don't know how this stops.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
So one scumbag is in custody but there is definitely confirmed sightings of at least one other shooter, any news on that?

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
Hm... On 8chan, the board owner of /v/ is strongly disturbed by the people cheering on the shooter (parts of what he said: "WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Fucking [redacted], it was meant to be a fucking larp. A FUCKING LARP. You don't fucking kill people and fucking joke about it you mentally ill fuck. What a fucking retarded psychopath. . . . Yes we make jokes about Hitler and Jews and Blacks, but it's the same shit as the satan shit in the 70's. No one deserves to die, because of their race, religion or their genitals.") and is getting mocked by a lot of people as a result.

Oh, so he just wanted to run a board for pretend Nazi monsters, not actual, real Nazi monsters. Fuck him, and I hope everyone in that cesspit called 8chan dies a painful death. I can't be fucking civil with these people anymore, their behavior is getting literal hundreds of people killed. Fuck all of them.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
ok but what would any of that have to do with the original tweet about a video of a mass shooting?

I initially read it as a shitty joke. But now I'm thinking he's just making a connection between the day and the guy saying subscribe to PDP. I really don't know though. Fuck him if it's a joke though.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Yeah I don't buy the "very fine people" type of description of people over there who are "appalled" at this happening.

"I'm shocked that the people who were advocating murdering innocent people because of their race/religion/sexuality are applauding a guy who murdered innocent people because of their race/religion/sexuality."

Fuck right the hell off with this bullshit. If you're so disturbed why are you there in the first place?
I genuinely don't understand why there are people on 8chan who thought the whole "being full of hate for minorities" thing they've been doing for so long was just a big joke. Spending even 10 minutes there makes it obvious that they mean what they say.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this sickens me to the core, I weep for the victims in this senseless racism and hatred fueled attack, while at the same time I can not help but feel deeply disturbed at how this is all playing out in social media as well. I can only hope and pray that no more shootings happen and that something can be done to attempt to quell and put an end to attacks like this and the mentally that breeds them.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Behind on today's news and was blindsided when I saw the footage retweeted into my Twitter TL. No words. RIP to the victims.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hm... On 8chan, the board owner of /v/ is strongly disturbed by the people cheering on the shooter (parts of what he said: "WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Fucking [redacted], it was meant to be a fucking larp. A FUCKING LARP. You don't fucking kill people and fucking joke about it you mentally ill fuck. What a fucking retarded psychopath. . . . Yes we make jokes about Hitler and Jews and Blacks, but it's the same shit as the satan shit in the 70's. No one deserves to die, because of their race, religion or their genitals.") and is getting mocked by a lot of people as a result.

edit: Missed an offensive swear there. Removed it.
Stuff like this is how these ideals spread like wildfire, you have the vast majority that's in it for the lols then you have the really demented people who truly take it to heart and act on it. Regardless 8chan is trash and should be scorched from the earth.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

New Zealand Police @nzpolice

1/4 Due to the ongoing serious firearms incident in Central Christchurch Police would like to remind all parents and caregivers that schools across the city remain in lock down.There is no timeframe at this stage for when the lock down will be lifted. The children are being...

2/4 taken care of by schools. On advice from Police, schools will communicate directly with parents when the lock down is lifted.The safety of the community is our priority.

3/4 We will provide updates on the incident as and when they are available and you can get these on our Facebook (link is external) page and website.

4/4 Media please note the stand up with Commissioner Mike Bush has been pushed back to 5.30pm. This will be held at the Royal Society on Turnbull Street, Thorndon, Wellington.

12:00 AM - Mar 15, 2019

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

edit: Missed an offensive swear there. Removed it.
"It was just a joke bro!" Rats say shit like this when they're confronted with a sinking ship. Fuckers should own the little caravan of horrors they helped cultivate.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I refuse to watch the video myself, but I keep seeing outlets say that they expect the number of deaths to rise dramatically given the content of the video. Does anyone know if that's true or not at this point?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone at this point want to keep denying that white supremacist memelords are the biggest threat to society?
  • We've pointed at Native Americans
  • We've pointed at Blacks
  • We've pointed at Hispanics
  • We've pointed at "Commies"
  • We've pointed at Muslims
At what point do we stop lying to ourselves and get real? These people and their hatred cannot continue.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't New Zealand have strict gun control laws?

Regardless, it's completely fucked how this keeps happening

White supremacy is a lethal disease

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
CNN and MSNBC are just doing their scheduled prime time show repeats.

If a mass shooting with dozens of people dead isn't in America, our media doesn't care.

Disgusted.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell, I did not need to see that. It's so fucking uncanny seeing through the eyes of an alt-right terrorist. It's like using a twisted VR headset. I feel like everyone who watches that video has their soul permanently darkened.

Pray for the victims of this tragedy. And hope that the perps, Nazis, fascists, and reactionaries of the world receive the swift, merciless justice they deserve. Their rhetoric led to this, and of it isn't stop it will lead to more violence and genocide.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Stuff like this is how these ideals spread like wildfire, you have the vast majority that's in it for the lols then you have the really demented people who truly take it to heart and act on it. Regardless 8chan is trash and should be scorched from the earth.
In the case of 8chan (and honestly a lot of other places - I only do not say "everywhere" because I don't want to make a mistake), those who do it "for the lols" are a tiny minority. This isn't 2006 Internet anymore.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Let's keep the 8ch posts out of the thread, ok? Clearly they are related to this, but we don't need to be posting things from there.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Just speechless really. I mean fuck, how can shit like this go on without any changes. Live stream a mass shooting, I don't even know what planet I'm on anymore.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
CNN and MSNBC are just doing their scheduled prime time show repeats.

If a mass shooting with dozens of people dead isn't in America, our media doesn't care.

Disgusted.

similar situation up here in canada

fucking infuriated, and that'll only get worse once they do cover it and someone's gonna spout free speech and both sides bullshit

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to say, NZ is such a small country and so tight knit, this will affect so many people. 'Everyone' knows one another.