• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Like seriously what the fuck is the point in the literal trillions the western world spends on the surveillance state if it can't even fucking do what it's benefactors claim it EXISTS to do? All this shit exists for is to keep the system running, not to stop monsters like this. Why do we have it then? Why is our society so FUCKING broken.
They're worried about tracking brown people and don't give many shits about the obvious and dangerous rise of extreme white supremacy and right-wing rhetoric. Hell, many in law enforcement are very much right wing.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
This has to be the turning point where online hate groups, white supremacists, incels, and the like are treated as terrorists by governments, law enforcement, and intelligence agencies. It fucking has to be. There's no more pretending these are isolated cases.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Fuck this is tragic and it's only going to get worse.

I can't imagine this stupidity but it exists and as horrifying as this sounds maybe this footage will wake more people up but it won't be watched in this house hold no way

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't think anything should happen to his channel because of this, but he has to respond and denounce these people or be considered in support of it. His actions attracted these type of fans.
Nah. He's going to respond like any other political party who doesn't want to alienate their base. "Thoughts and prayers. Lone wolf out of 80+ million subscribers." At best he'll donate some money to a charity.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Came across one of the vidoes...my hear is in my fucking throat....fuck this shit man!!! 8chan need to be burned to the fucking ground!!!

avoid twitter right now or at least avoid any videos and or gifs....

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
How the fuck can a site like that where you can put up stuff like this exist?

Probably some servers located in some lax country. I remember underage nudity was a thing on there (techically "legal' nudity but nobody's fooled). It doesn't help that because it's a subreddit system in that anyone can make their own board, there's going to be boards with little to no actual legal moderation, allowing that stuff to fester.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Saw the video. He's a sociopath who's doing this for the memes, like a lot of 8chan's deranged userbase.
He posted a "manifesto" as well, where he basically says a bunch of meme-y crap and also explains that he's doing this because the birth rate of white people is too low and they will be replaced by foreigners at this rate. Also, in his view he is a terrorist who fights against the aggressors. Same logic as ISIS really.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
You know damn well if there was a fucking message board frequented by nothing but young Muslim men where all they talked about was taking young girls as brides, the Western threat, and murdering infidels - and that site was directly linked to radicalizing other young Muslim men and had members who were responsible for (and celebrated) terrorist attacks.... that the site would be nuked from orbit and everyone on it immediately on a watch list for all eternity. That would be a logical fucking conclusion, but the same rules don't fucking apply here for obvious reasons.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
For those that are confused about the PewDiePie thing, before the shooter enters the mosque he says:

"Remember lads, subscribe to PewDiePie."

That's where the connection comes from, his fucking ironic nazi humour attracted these deranged white nationalists who thought they were in good company.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Scum of the fucking earth. I am speechless at the level of violence people can reach. Absolutely speechless. Fuck Nazis, two sides, racist and everyone else who also deserves it.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This has to be the turning point where online hate groups, white supremacists, incels, and the like are treated as terrorists by governments, law enforcement, and intelligence agencies. It fucking has to be. There's no more pretending these are isolated cases.

I will be baffled beyond comprehension if they don't. You can't fucking handwave this away. This is another Breivik style attack.

Also; why are people watching the videos!?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
It's been boiling for a while. I remember of the man who shot a reporter and a cameraman on facebook live, and we already were warned of the whole "high score" shooters that has been happening. A live streamed shooter is just the end result, and this one is going further with his gun being covered in memes and hate-speech and saying subscribe to pewdiepie.

He's not just killing people, he's giving them a show.
Yep

And I'm sure you're gonna have 'watch this live-streamed massacre!' challenges/reaction videos pop up like it's fucking two-girls one cup or some bullshit

Internet culture is severely fucked up. Late stage dehumanization and a complete lack of empathy or care.

Makes me sick because this will only encourage other fuckheads now

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
I'm speechless. I never thought I would see this happen in my country. Please please please don't let it be dozens of fatalities.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
Can you guys explain pewdiepie thing relating to today

Pewdiepie has been known for being racist and has said the N-World on stream once. Because he's still going and stuff despite he's liked by Alt-Right for "Standing up to the SJWs" and keeping his ground. The shooter mentioned him before starting his massacre, also in reference to his want for subscribers to make sure T-Series doesn't beat him as the most subscribed youtuber.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Only tangentially related but ERA needs to reverse their policy on allowing discussion of THQ Nordic games until they fire literally everyone responsible for their 8 chan AMA. Enough half measures.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
You know damn well if there was a fucking message board frequented by nothing but young Muslim men where all they talked about was taking young girls as brides, the Western threat, and murdering infidels - and that site was directly linked to radicalizing other young Muslim men and had members who were responsible for (and celebrated) terrorist attacks.... that the site would be nuked from orbit and everyone on it immediately on a watch list for all eternity. That would be a logical fucking conclusion, but the same rules don't fucking apply here for obvious reasons.

This is the truth

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I get that one of the shooters said that pewdiepie thing, but this shouldn't be the time or place to litigate that dude.
Nah, fuck pdp. Dude has literally endorsed nazis and done anti Semitic/racist stuff while pretending to be ignorant of his actions. Only reason his channel never gets punished is because he makes money. And to silicon valley money trumps everything. Social media needs some form of regulation because it's clear they won't do it themselves.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't even think of what to say. Christchurch has been through enough.

Oct 25, 2017

They are targeting Muslims, expect nothing. The world over can't be bother for genocide and ethnic cleansing, I don't expect any action.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
someone quote tweeted the video onto my timeline and i immediately regret watching it, even tho i stopped after like 5 seconds.

might be one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen, fuck this shit

the further context of the shooter being an 8chan chud sickens me